Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

I'm in if Spoonsy's in.

I have no idea who you are/were, but gently caress it, Ecco's running a game. I'm in.

e: and I have PMs. And GChat. And everything.

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

Me in Reverse :wave:

MiR!

I wonder if Kloaked has enough free time between rotations to play

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This game has everyone I like in it! Yay!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Coffee's nice, but I prefer tea. I brew a lot of loose leaf tea at my desk.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I believe in a thing called love.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's safe to assume I'm scum.

##vote Spoonsy

However, I dress like Corporate Mr. Rogers now. And that man was a saint.

##unvote

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I shall confirm my part!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Your part must surely be scum.

##vote Spoonsy

Oh my graciousness, I declare, you suck!

##vote Max

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I agree with Spoonsy.

Also Supreme Court mafia was one of the first games I read.

SCOTUS Mafia was such a weird concept that I had so much fun writing the flavor for

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Do you have a link to that thread? For some reason, I don't see the game in your history on votefinder.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2766376

Pre-Vote Finder. Poor Kloaked and me had to handle everything manually

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is this the point where I make the comment that most d1 posting is worthless until we get a flip of some sort?

I think it is.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

thats dumb

all content is worthwhile

all content is created equal

endowed by their creator with certain inalienable value

As long as I don't have to make a 30 page deck about the content and how the integrated marketing team is going to create, track, measure, and report on it, I'm happy

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys how was everyones weekend? Mine was cool. Didn't have to read a hundred or so posts about the same two people bickering.

First things first, ##unvote before my clear joke vote serves as the basis for anything.

I don't like the fact that Keane has refused to let up on Max for his refusal to post a sentence. To echo Quid, if Max were to be shot dead this instant and flip town, Keane will have contributed a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. And he's taken the time to fight back against everyone who has pointed this fact out, be it Quid, or merk, or anyone really, for continuing his hunt and remaining the sole (after my unvote) person on Max.

Walrus: Uncomfortable as to why anyone would try to push for people to quickly vote for a lynch D1 before the weekend, but not uncomfortable enough to put a vote down
Gamer: Dude don't speculate on game structure the second the game starts. That's unnecessary and weird

Also, Keane, are you willing to do a leg drop from the top of the third rope?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

Pretend Max doesn't exist. It is a thought exercise. What do you think of the other people in this game who aren't Max? Like Walrus, for instance.

I like this as an idea.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Morning everyone (and Hal)

first, re my earlier post: Well yeah, it's to be engaged. I'm reflecting on the events between Friday afternoon and Sunday evening as I hadn't done much/anything with the game prior to that point. So yes, I'm going to reflect on the three major cases in terms of vote leaders going on at that moment.

Nth Doctor: Good catch on the WW posts. I will confess I didn't notice that, especially as he was interested and confused as to how the two posts landed simultaneously with an attempt to laugh it off.

I'm comfortable enough to put this here for the time being ##vote WalrusWhiskers. And yes, if there's a town flip, then all of our efforts will have been for naught CAUSE D1

(and no, Keane, I don't object to Merk)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

Well, yeah.

I was looking through the SCOTUS game Spoonsy linked earlier and enjoying a blast from the past - there's a post where I complain about being a 1L. :3:

You totally were a 1L then weren't you. Christ that was 7 years ago.

(also I am completely content to leave my vote where it is right now and wait for Walrus to come here and claim)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity on the day - finally free of meetings for half an hour (before I go back into meetings)

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the case against me is that I me too and low effort post? Okay. Good to know. Sorry I wasn't vocal enough on having been convinced by a post that turned out to be correct in IDing a scum.

I see a lot of posts from Quid overnight. A bunch of them are short. I'm still not completely comfortable with the timing thing of yesterday given the Walrus flip.

I'm really not getting any scum vibe off Gamer at all. Nothing he's done would really indicate to me that he's not town.

Also @ Squiggly I totally think that was me that one time and yeah we all died in short order because logic.

So yeah, that's my low effort post of the afternoon. Sorry I don't have time to dig into everyone's accusations at the moment, but that's how I feel right now. Also I am strung out on accidentally under-diluted cold brew coffee.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

We've had a few people express concern about Spoonsy, so I'd encourage people to have another look at this case.

Sorry, been completely out of everything else - sister/roommate had medical stuff occur and I've been looking after her. Not looking to be replaced, but just letting you know

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As I stated in the doc I'm at an 85th birthday party. We discussed the possibility of merk being insane or paranoid earlier yesterday but he clammed up completely as he didn't want to discuss things with people whose ideologies he was uncertain of.

I'll post last nights results and my full merk transcript when I'm not standing in a field on a phone.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I was out of pocket for the bulk of the claim exchange in the mason doc. I would have claimed immediately after Punt checked back in and claimed Cop.

I think that I claimed to Spoonsy before Punt checked back in though.

As a reminder I was the first to speculate on the doc that we were all cops. This was while you were waiting on FV to come back with his claim. And yes, you claimed to me after I claimed to you over PM

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

A masonry of 5 cops - sane, insane, naive and paranoid. The fifth would probably be?
I think you guys claimed too early as there's not enough to go off. But then again I prefer to treat games like puzzles.

Merk claimed after posting in the doc that he was considering it and before getting all of our results back for the night. I personally would have waited a day or so. No need to declare there are 5 sanity questionable cops for scum to kill, but here we are so :shrug:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Okay. So. Seeing as I've been outed, I'm a cop. I think about people and I'm told if they're town or scum. As merk mentioned, I thought about Gamer N1 and got town and was roleblocked last night while trying to think about Firey (as we're trying to figure out what's what in the mason doc)

When merk, the only player to receive a scum result on another player so far, asked in the doc who Punt and I are, I PM'd him. I too did it based on his role in leading the lynch early in D1. I gave him my name, my role, and my d1 results. He did not theorize to me at that point that we were all cops. I was the one who first brought up potential sanity issues as it wouldn't make much sense to have five cops be masons with one another without there being some dickery involved. During this, merk hypothesized to me in the PMs that my role may be to actually investigate the other members of the group, which I attempted to last night with Firey.

Around this point, merk went quiet in the group. I'd also like to remind merk that the initial idea for me to investigate f_v was actually his, shortly after me realizing we were all cops. This entire time merk has been the one most paranoid about there being scum in the mason doc, along with his speculation of there being multiple parties as well.

To the question of why I asked who we were investigating: I wanted to coordinate to have us all hit the same person. If everyone investigated one party, who in turn investigated another one of us at random, we could potentially have 4 different outcomes on the same person, which combined with the previous nights investigations would have yielded considerable information on sanity. Instead, we were all roleblocked, save WWM.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also I'd like to apologize for being way more active in the mason doc than in this thread.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

code:
	Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			
Merk - paranoid -> Town

Punt - Not scum -> Naive, Insane, Sane

WWM - Not Insane -> Naive or Sane, scum

FV/Spoonsy no Info -> Naive, Sane, Insane, Scum

Not really much to narrow down by.

IF you take gamer to be town from his twin claim. The Spoonsy is not Insane either. So FV or Punt are Insane so zzyzx or wins is scum.

I'm more tempted to believe zz is scum than wins based on this logic (and no, it's not just because it's showing me to not be insane)

With that in mind, ##vote zzyzx

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I was throwing up in the toilet all night.

And I got made fun of by Ecco for my method of investigating being "think about them a lot"

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also if it was standard dethy, there wouldn't be five of us. Standard's 4, right?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait we're french

gently caress this

GODDAMIT

Okay so without suddenly freaking out too much, the fact that we're French means there's some even deeper level of fuckery because gently caress Ecco games involving France

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

oh jesus how so

scumbag

Ecco likes to put weird mechanisms on games involving France. I'm not positive how many games Ecco has run involving France but there have been many. And now we're sitting here in one of them.

Joy.

and TIL w Occitan culture

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, so why would you make the leap that Spoonsy is not scum because he said Gamer was town?

Also, stop worrying about merk. With that many cops, one has to be paranoid - all results return as scum - and that HAS to be merk. So merk has to be town.

I am super inclined to believe that merk is town for this reason. Just like I'm inclined to believe Nth and Gamer are town due to my result.

As for why I feel zz over why, I don't have a specific reason. As I posed in the doc, we can always do both if zz flips town. I just feel zz's the better one to go first.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I sat on the thought about Wins wanting Amoeba to claim after Amoeba absorbed a night kill, and the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he was responsible for it.

##unvote
##vote Wins

This is true. And as I can't see the vote going a different way, for sanity's sake, ##unvote, ##vote wins

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Does this mean you actually think wins is scum? I asked you for your opinion on him earlier and you never answered.

Not necessarily, but we need a sanity check, and the way logic works right now, wins and/or zz are the way to get it

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to chime in that I got poo poo roleblock flavor last night.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I eagerly await this thread exploding while I sip my coffee and wake up and maybe realize this wasn't the best idea.

If they can only recruit VT, is it safe to assume that everyone they've recruited is town and that they themselves are town-aligned? That's the feeling I got from wins' death flavor

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

For the Dethy thing, does the result from the cops come back as literally SCUM or is it simply NOT-TOWN.

Since Wins technically has an alternate alignment, that could explain why that flip happened the way it did. zzyzx biting it right after makes me think that the werewolf/beast/whatever kill is not random since it would seem like if it wasn't wins, it must be zzyzx, so it shouldn't be a thing where the player isn't aware that they are some secret serial killer (this actually happened to me a long time ago in Heroes 2 Mafia, so I'm not pulling this out of my rear end.)

For the record, all of our results have been either Town or Scum, nothing "Not" anything

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go to the Wet Hot American Summer NYC premiere and in all likelihood a hammer is going to occur while I'm there. So with that in mind, ##vote Amoeba.

Wins saw something. Otherwise he wouldn't have outright asked for a claim, which we still haven't received, when he did. He flipped town-aligned. I want to see what he saw.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Can a cop clarify what targets were chosen N2?

I personally wanted to investigate F_V since she was the only one with a scum result

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

I personally wanted to investigate F_V since she was the only one with a scum result

mafia: I investigated F_V, but was blocked

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For the record I got scum on WWM last night, not that it matters, but nice to see that I may in fact be sane.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

My "Gamer is the werewolf" theory included both "ancient" and the fact that he was a gamekeeper, even explicitly saying "a gamekeeper to help control his brother". So come on, give me some credit, don't just say I was only saying the word ancient was my entire thought.

Didn't we have a SK kill before Nth was killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Also, was WWM just straight up lying about that 1-shot BP or have there been items going around?

There's the emerald, whatever that does

• Locked thread