Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The original DayZ mod was pretty fun, because it was just deathmatch without everyone having the same gear. Then they kept adding gay survival elements nobody wanted and now it's trash.

Basically shooting people is real fun in ArmA but the only missions people want to play are insanely laggy and buggy or are co-op missions. The AI in that game is insanely boring to play against, because they either never see you and just stand around in the open waiting to get shot, or they instantly kill you from two kilometers away laying down behind a bush the AI can see through but you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

it is weird to me the dev didn't use the Arma 3 engine which is a straight improvement in every detail

They had just started development on Arma 3 at the time and it was way buggier and shittier than Arma 2, so they made a hybrid thing which now that arma 3 came out is obviously way shittier.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

I believe they should have waited. but it probably would still not be so great

Someone in Games claim that at the time they 'released' the standalone a bunch of government contracts for VBS had just dried up so the company was in ridiculously dire straits. I dunno if that's true but it would make sense.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fredrik1 posted:

I remember thinking dayz would have been more fun without the zombies,

There was a mission called Wasteland back in arma 2 that was absolutely way more fun because it had all the scrounging for gear and vehicles but also had objectives and no zombies. I think that Arma 3 has the same kind of thing but it doesnt feel the same because the mountainy islands don't have good hiding spots for bases. Basically what I'm saying is DayZ sucks but Arma is fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Three-Phase posted:

"Toxic Genre"

They are undeniably the last retreat of some of the shittiest game developers imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StabMasterArson posted:

rust is a neat social experiment to walk around and find weird russian-only settlements where someone has spray painted american flags everywhere. also you got your dick out

NO I LOVE THAT DANK KUSH

• Locked thread