Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Welcome back our friends, to the show that never ends. This is the Summer NASCAR thread, which is scheduled to take you through the second half of the season, which is...kinda the second half of the regular season, which itself is somewhat split in half because the Chase is considered its own season…yeah…

We are SASCAR, and in this thread, we talk NASCAR, ARCA, and some dirt track talk. We’re a community which universally hates the direction our sport is headed and complain but, really, deep down, we still love it and watch* because it’s not the drivers’, teams’, sponsors’, or fans’ fault that Brian France is trying to lawn dart this poo poo into the ground with his overambition.

*Most of us.

Speaking of lawn darting, the drivers finally have what isn’t really a “union” but is getting notice. Combine this with the Race Team Alliance, which debuted last summer, and you have two stakeholders’ alliances finally strong enough to crack the iron fist of NASCAR and force them into making changes to what is a tremendously poo poo aerodynamic package for 2015. Clint Bowyer, Tony Stewart, and Jeff Gordon have been vocal about their dislike for this garbage package. As a result, starting next week in Kentucky, you’ll see a revamped aero package aimed to create more side-by-side (and, thus, exciting) racing! This may or may not be the 2016 package which was supposed to be previewed during the All-Star Race. I can’t keep track anymore. Will it work? Let’s be real, probably not, but we’re gonna hope.

Packages and races:
-High Drag- Indianapolis, Michigan
-Low Downforce- Kentucky, Darlington, Richmond

Other storylines from the first…part of the season which may or may not be the first “half”:
-Enjoy The Ride- Jeff Gordon’s farewell tour. Currently 11th in points and in a Chase spot, but hasn’t been terribly competitive in the last few weeks after a string of Top 10s. Pissed away a win at Martinsville trying to cheat the timing lines.
-The Spirit of the Rule- Kurt Busch, who was suspended three races, was given an exemption to allow him to make the Chase if he won and finished Top 30 in points. It’s gonna happen. Dude’s already 10th with two wins.
-The Beauty of the System- Kyle Busch, who missed nine races because ISC cheaped out on the SAFER barriers and he got hurt in a race he shouldn’t even really have been in, was given an exemption to allow him to make the Chase if he won and finished Top 30 in points. He won Sonoma and needs an average of a 13th place finish between now and Richmond to reeeeeeeeeeeally make this the most bullshit playoff system in sports!
-GoAway- With Bob Parsons no longer in control of GoDaddy, Danica Patrick has no sponsor lined up for next year. It’s likely somebody will step up, but who and for what team remains up in the air.
-Matte Black Badass- After a miserable 2014, Martin Truex, Jr. is one of the hottest drivers in NASCAR, only finishing out of the Top 10 twice this season. He won at Pocono and has an up-and-coming crew chief by the name of COLE PEARN who Darrell Waltrip wouldn’t shut up about during FOX’s half of the year.
-Wedding Bells- Dang ol’ Junyer gonna become betrothed to his purty womern friend. (Insert JunyerSmith here)
-Divorcees- Sprint is leaving NASCAR after 2016. I can’t remember if this came about this year or last, but NASCAR’s still going to need a title sponsor. Somebody will pony up, but for how much?
-NBC- NASCAR returns to NBC for the first time since 2006 this week, covering Cup and Xfinity. NBC hopes to be Bringing Back The Sunshine; we hope that’s a metaphor for “Good Racing”.
-Stars 'n Bars- NASCAR has decided to tread a very fine, thin line by starting an effort to likely eventually ban the Confederate Flag from racetracks as their response to a nationwide push for similar actions following the murders in Charleston. The first action to make this happen involves a "Trade the Stars 'n Bars for Stars 'n Stripes" campaign for the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona. It will be very interesting to see if NASCAR doing the right thing doesn't piss off what's left of their primarily Southern fanbase into heading for the exits once and for all.

Sprint Cup
As a reminder, Sprint Cup is the Whose Line Is It Anyway? Series: points really don’t matter. If you’re new to NASCAR (I miss you Allen Bestwick :(), all you need to know is Chase eligibility is determined by a) Winning a race and being in the Top 30 in points at Richmond, b) Being one of the Top 16 race winners in points if there are 16 or more winners, and/or c) Being one of the highest non-winners in points, holding a spot made available by having fewer than 16 race winners.

Here are the Chase Grid standings as of the start of this thread (NASCAR.com):

It’s important to note that Kyle Busch is NOT officially in the Chase as of right now. Aric Almirola should be the 16th seed. Again, Busch must reach the Top 30 in points, of which he’s 136 points in arrears. He needs an average of a 13th place finish to get in.

Remaining Schedule:

quote:

Sun, Jul 5 7:45 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Daytona Daytona International Speedway NBC
Sat, Jul 11 7:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kentucky Kentucky Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Jul 19 1:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at New Hampshire New Hampshire Motor Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Jul 26 3:30 PM ET The Brickyard 400 Indianapolis Motor Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Aug 2 1:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Pocono Pocono Raceway NBCSN
Sun, Aug 9 2:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Watkins Glen Watkins Glen International NBCSN
Sun, Aug 16 2:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Michigan Michigan International Speedway NBCSN
Sat, Aug 22 7:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Bristol Bristol Motor Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Sep 6 7:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Darlington Darlington Raceway NBC
Sat, Sep 12 7:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Richmond Richmond International Raceway NBCSN

SPRINT CUP CHASE FOR THE CUP

DATE RACE TV
Sun, Sep 20 3:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Chicago Chicagoland Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Sep 27 2:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at New Hampshire New Hampshire Motor Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Oct 4 2:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Dover Dover International Speedway NBCSN
Sat, Oct 10 7:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Charlotte Charlotte Motor Speedway NBC
Sun, Oct 18 2:15 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas Kansas Speedway NBC
Sun, Oct 25 2:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Talladega Talladega Superspeedway NBCSN
Sun, Nov 1 1:15 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Martinsville Martinsville Speedway NBCSN
Sun, Nov 8 2:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Texas Texas Motor Speedway NBC
Sun, Nov 15 2:30 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Phoenix Phoenix International Raceway NBC
Sun, Nov 22 3:00 PM ET NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Miami Homestead-Miami Speedway NBC

Full points and sortable stats: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings.html

Xfinity Series
Take any recap of the Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity Series from any of these threads and just post it here, but cross out the name Kyle Busch.

Only four races have been won by non-Buschwackers, and one of THOSE was won by Erik Jones, who you’ll hear about later. The other three have been won by Roush Racing’s Ryan Reed and Chris Buescher, ironic seeing as Roush has been a complete non-factor in Cup this year. Chase Elliott is winless and seems to be experiencing a bit of a sophomore slump, but only in the sense that he’s not in contention to win each week as he was out of the box last year.

Unlike Sprint Cup, Xfinity (and Trucks) use a full-season points system to determine the champ, as was the case before Brian France started having Good Ideas of questionable quality. Because of rampant Buschwacking, it’s entirely possible to have a series champion who didn’t win a race, though that won’t happen this year.

UPDATE: A new feature! I track the #NXSBestInClass to show you who the top full-time Xfinity finishers are each week. Here are the ongoing results:

Number of wins and actual finish in parenthesis. (Erik Jones does not count.):
-Daytona- Ryan Reed (OVERALL WINNER!)
-Atlanta- Ty Dillon (3rd)
-LVMS- Ryan "Man Without A Series" Blaney (2nd)
-Phoenix- Ty Dillon (2, 6th)
-California- Brendan Gaughan (2nd)
-Texas- Regan Smith (4th)
-Bristol- Daniel Suarez (2nd)
-Richmond- Regan Smith (2, 3rd)
-Talladega- Brian Scott (2nd because God hates us all)
-Iowa- Chris Buescher (OVERALL WINNER!)
-Charlotte- Regan Smith (3, 5th)
-Dover- Chris Buescher (2, OVERALL WINNER!)
-Michigan- Chase Elliott (2nd, how'd it take him so long to show up on this list god drat)
-Chicagoland- Ryan "Man Without A Series" Blaney (2, 2nd)
-Daytona- Elliott Sadler (2nd)
-Kentucky- Daniel Suarez (2, 4th)
-NHMS- Daniel Suarez (3, 5th)
-Indy- Ryan Blaney (3, 2nd)
-Iowa- Ryan Blaney (4, OVERALL WINNER!)
-Watkins Glen- Chris Buescher (3, 3rd)
-Mid-Ohio- Regan Smith (4, OVERALL WINNER!)
-Bristol- Ty Dillon (3, 2nd)
-Road America- Ryan Blaney (5, 2nd)
-Darlington- Daniel Suarez (4, 3rd)

Points and stats: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/xfinity-series/standings.html

This series bad.

Camping World Truck Series
In Trucks, one of the biggest stories of the season has been Erik Jones, but not for his dominance, rather the races which slipped away for one reason another. These are especially notable because, with each loss, Jones slips into a bigger post-race emotional meltdown/bitchfit only fitting for an employee of Kyle Busch Motorsports. Still, the kid’s a wheelman. Matt Crafton leads the points. Our Man Spence is 6th.

Points and stats: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/camping-world-truck-series/standings.html

How the gently caress did I forget to type something about ARCA
The ARCA Racing Series is a stock car series which is essentially the fourth rung on the NASCAR hierarchy. It's not a NASCAR series, but Bill France had a hand in its formation. ARCA stands for Automobile Racing Club of America and, as you might expect in club racing, there are some good drivers and some who might be best served making a career in iRacing. ARCA is also known as LOL ARCA for tremendous moments of stupidity by even its most "talented" drivers, as it's more often than not a terrific shitshow.

All things ARCA: http://www.arcaracing.com/

Other stuff:
NASCAR.com- http://www.nascar.com
Jayski- http://www.jayski.com

Race Day Chats are at #nascar on Synirc: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

The SAS Wiki has returned! Here’s where you can find goon-written articles for educational purposes: http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Category:NASCAR

We haven’t done one in a while, but Rolling Start is the SASCAR podcast, typically featuring myself, kidcoelacanth, Peanut President, and Cubey, but you never know who’ll show up: http://tindeck.com/users/kidcoelacanth

Come watch old racin’ with goons on our CyTube channel. Post in this thread if you want to watch something and others may show up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585016&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

NASCAR Bingo, under new management, rolls off again this week for Daytona!: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701539

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Second-Half NASCAR on TV/Radio Effortpost

NASCAR on FOX has Boogitied for the last time this season, which means we enter a new era by going Back to the Future. So, I'll put my copy/paste skills to the test. Here comes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viR0Hle16yA-

NBC is your home for the second half of the Cup and Xfinity seasons the rest of this year and every year between now and 2024 unless NBC has an out-clause in their contract if ratings dip too low. How's this going to shape up in terms of talent?

Sprint Cup:
Booth- Rick Allen, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte (Southern 500: Ken Squier, Ned Jarrett, Dale Jarrett, brief appearance)
Pits- Dave Burns, Mike Massaro, Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast
Hosts- Krista Voda, Kyle Petty, Dale Jarrett (selected races)/Ray Evernham/Brian Vickers

Allen Bestwick said on the Awful Announcing podcast that he was offered the gig and declined because ESPN offered him a more diverse package of sports to work, including golf, tennis, basketball, football, and the Indy 500. So they picked up former CWTS PBP voice Rick Allen. Taking a new direction with color analysts, Jeff Burton and former Jeff Gordon/Dale Jr crew chief Steve Letarte will get the call. I've heard these guys a few times doing K&N. They leave a lot to be desired so far, but NBC seems to be putting forth a genuine effort to throw everything but the kitchen sink at doing the best job possible so we'll reserve judgment.

Dave Burns and Mike Massaro come over from ESPN. Burns was on NBC the first time around, as was Marty Snider. Kelli Stavast used to do sports cars on SPEED & is an IndyCar pit reporter. Rutledge Wood (:suicide:) will apparently slot in as a pit reporter if one of the regulars go to the non-companion race on such a weekend.

NBC's pre- and post-race hosts will be Krista Voda (ex-FOX), Kyle Petty, and Dale Jarrett, who will work select races. When Jarrett isn't there, Ray Evernham apparently will be.

Xfinity B-team (non-companion events):
Booth- Leigh Diffey/Ralph Sheheen, Dale Jarrett
Pits- Dave Burns/Marty Snider, Jim Noble, Alex Hayden

NBCSN will need a B-team for a handful of non-companion Xfinity races in their half of the season (Iowa, Mid-Ohio, Road America, Kentucky). Leigh Diffey will call "6 to 7 NASCAR weekends" per Twitter. Where they go with color analysts remains to be seen.

K&N East/West:
Booth- Rick Allen/Dave Burns, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte OR Ralph Sheheen, Frank Stoddard, Parker Kligerman
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio (East), Heather DeBeaux (West)

Whelen Modifieds:
Booth- Ralph Sheheen, Ray Evernham
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio

One nice thing about NBC is their ever-growing racin' portfolio, which includes tape-delayed K&N and Modified races, aired usually during the week following the date they actually ran. Sonoma will be on NBCSN this Wednesday (I think). Sheheen and Evernham were hired to cover Modified races for NBCSN in April.

We're not totally done with FOX, though:

-

Trucks (Steve Byrnes Appreciation Station):
Booth- Mike Joy/Adam Alexander/Brian Till/Ralph Sheheen/Vince Welch, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltrip/Todd Bodine
Pits- Hermie Sadler, Kaitlyn Vincie/Vince Welch/Matt Yocum (rotating)

Steve Byrnes was to be the lead announcer on the CWTS broadcasts had he been able to return, but we lost him in April. Joy, Alexander (who replaced Rick Allen last year), Brian Till, Ralph Sheheen, and Vince Welch have taken turns at the mic. Todd Bodine does Color for some tripleheader weekends in place of Waltrip.

Hermie Sadler is the only permanent pit reporter. Bob Dillner and Ray Dunlap are gone. Welch, Yocum, and Kaitlyn Vincie will tap in.

ARCA:
Booth- Adam Alexander/Ray Dunlap, Phil Parsons, Justin Allgaier
Pits- Ray Dunlap/Matt Yocum, Jim Tretow

Here's where Ray Dunlap ended up. Tretow used to do driver intros at Daytona.

CBS has live racing again!

ARCA:
Booth- Ray Dunlap/Rick Benjamin, Jim Tretow, Spencer Gallagher (Winchester)
Pits- Kristin Beat

Everybody's favorite stock car series, LOL ARCA, will air three times on CBS Sports Network in addition to a smattering of races on FS1/2. Toledo was the first (and I totally forgot when I made this post). They also showed Winchester (June 28th, might re-air this week). Springfield (August 23rd, on :siren: DIRT :siren:) will be their last race of the year.
__
Wally Dallenbach does pre/post-race studio shows on FS1. Rusty Wallace is working select races for MRN. Allen Bestwick, Ricky Craven, Dr. Jerry Punch, Shannon Spake, Brad Daugherty, and Nicole Briscoe all remain with ESPN in various capacities.
__
NASCAR on Radio

The Motor Racing Network (MRN) is the ISC-owned NASCAR radio network. They're by far the best on radio and cover:
a) Sprint Cup and Xfinity races on ISC tracks and independent, non-ISC or SMI tracks (retains All-Star Race rights at Charlotte in spite of it being SMI).
b) All Truck races regardless of venue.

They also have NASCAR Live, a weekly call-in show hosted by Eli Gold, and several online-only radio shows covering NASCAR, sports cars, WoO, and drag racing.

Search here for the affiliate nearest you: http://www.mrn.com

Performance Racing Network (PRN) is SMI's radio network covering Sprint Cup and Xfinity races on Speedway Motorsports, Inc's tracks (Atlanta, Bristol, Charlotte, Kentucky, Las Vegas, New Hampshire, Sonoma, Texas). PRN has a couple weekly, syndicated radio shows for your listening pleasure.

Info: http://www.goprn.com

Can't find the Brickyard 400? There's a third, oft-forgotten radio partner in NASCAR. This is The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network and, as you might expect, they cover the Brickyard 400 weekend only. IMS broadcasts seem to be done in partnership with PRN, often featuring a mix of IMS voices and PRN on-air talent.

If you're insane enough to pay for radio, SiriusXM Channel 90 is NASCAR Radio. SXM has all races live (and has selected driver audio feeds on bonus channels) and, in addition, has a slate of daily programming related to NASCAR, which is as follows:

7AM-11AM- The Morning Drive (Mike Bagley/Pete Pistone). Never heard it.
11AM-3PM- Tradin' Paint (Jim Noble/Chocolate Myers). Jim Noble is an excellent host and sometimes dares to argue some things in NASCAR aren't great. Chocolate Myers has Steve O'Donnell next to him with a gun to his head forcing him to tell Noble and you why he's/you're wrong.
3PM-7PM- SiriusXM Speedway (Dave Moody). Hear MRN's Dave Moody tell listeners how awesome things are in NASCAR these days! Disagree? You're probably an idiot and here's why you're wrong. (Moody does deal with a massive number of morons on this show, to be fair.)
7PM-10PM (Mon, Tues)- Late Shift (Brad Gillie/Kenny Wallace*). This show's usually pretty good but I don't hear it often.
7PM-10PM (Wed-Fri)- Dialed In With Claire B. Lang.

*- Buddy Baker announced in July he has an inoperable tumor in his lung which is terminal. He left SXM. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 2, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Pete Pistone is a gently caress.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Excellent OP dude, excites me for some garbage piss racing and comfort food. The south'll rise again! :v:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I only sport the rebel flag because of the heritage and my favorite racer of all time is Buck Baker

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Why does Ryan loving Newman have the only normal shaped head in those pictures

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

nascar is good as hell

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I totally forgot the Modified race from Riverhead was on at 6pm, but it's on again now on NBCSN and promises to be Gooder Than Hell.

One of the Orlando TV stations tried to exchange a Confederate flag for an American flag at the track today. The speedway employee they approached had heard nothing of the program.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

ayn rand hand job posted:

Why does Ryan loving Newman have the only normal shaped head in those pictures

Well he doesn't have that pesky neck that all the other drivers have to mess up the shot.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I totally forgot the Modified race from Riverhead was on at 6pm, but it's on again now on NBCSN and promises to be Gooder Than Hell.

One of the Orlando TV stations tried to exchange a Confederate flag for an American flag at the track today. The speedway employee they approached had heard nothing of the program.
Maybe this is how we reach the under-serviced ISIS demographic! :eng101:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I really have to fly the flag of sedition this 4th of July weekend and NASCAR ain't gonna stop me :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There was no CSA. I refuse to recognize illegitimate governments.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dale Jr. rode to Daytona in the hauler and live tweeted the experience.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/7/2/8887943/dale-earnhardt-jr-tweets-life-trucker-daytona?ref=yfp

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Brian France posted:

There was no RTA. I refuse to recognize illegitimate governments.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I can't wait to trade this in and be told that it's not a confederate flag

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

I only sport the rebel flag because of the heritage and my favorite racer of all time is Buck Baker

I fly the rebel flag as well but it's okay because like my favorite driver Ernie Irvan I too can't see color.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Peanut President posted:

I fly the rebel flag as well but it's okay because like my favorite driver Ernie Irvan I too can't see color.

:vince:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Bubba Watson is joining the troll fest

quote:

All men ARE created equal, I believe that so I will be painting the American flag over the roof of the General Lee ‪#‎USA‬

When you've lost the Bubba's, you've lost the war (again)

It's funny cause his is the legit General Lee, the one that jumps the police car in the opening theme

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 3, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Peanut President posted:

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Word is this year's 400 is on Sunday because NBC is going to air the Macy's fireworks from New York Saturday night.

That's some 2006-era NBC poo poo, right there.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Word is this year's 400 is on Sunday because NBC is going to air the Macy's fireworks from New York Saturday night.

That's some 2006-era NBC poo poo, right there.

"We'd like to thank you for watching NBC's coverage of NASCAR. Up next it's Ice Dancing to the hits of Motown!".

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
It works out best for everyone TBH

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I wonder how much the NASCAR demographic crosses over the Women's World Cup demo cause they're going head to head Sunday night.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Uncle Jam posted:

I wonder how much the NASCAR demographic crosses over the Women's World Cup demo cause they're going head to head Sunday night.

There's probably less crossover than with the "going outside and blowing poo poo up" demographic, so they'll still come out ahead by running Sunday.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

"We'd like to thank you for watching NBC's coverage of NASCAR. Up next it's Ice Dancing to the hits of Motown!".

i would rather watch something motown related than a nascar race though, because motown is great and nascar is the worst

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Every car is a Chevy according to NBCSN's telemetry graphics.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Big junk off 2. 18, 11, 19, 6, 9, 2, 16, 78, 31, 1.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

Bubba Watson is joining the troll fest

When you've lost the Bubba's, you've lost the war (again)

It's funny cause his is the legit General Lee, the one that jumps the police car in the opening theme

At that point it's a general sherman right?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I always wanted a General Sherman. Thought about doing it to my truck TBH

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Camping World's CEO is pissed at Trump for his comments about Mexicans and wants/is demanding NASCAR to move the Truck banquet away from where they currently have it, which is apparently a Trump property.

E- Apparently, Camping World executives were going to boycott the banquet if it remained there. It looks like it and the Xfinity banquet have just been moved.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 3, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

I always wanted a General Zhukov. Thought about doing it to my Lada TBH

E: http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/richard-petty-nascar-confederate-flag-flap-just-passing-fancy

I'm not sure he's wrong.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 4, 2015

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

quote:

"I'm a NASCAR member and whatever NASCAR does, I ain’t got no problem with it,"

NASCAR_media.txt

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Great job at the OP, CBJ.

So, I know I posted in the bingo thread that signups were closed, but gently caress it, signups stay open till qualifying is over. I want erryone in IRC Sunday getting in on this business! Go get your loving cards!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701539&pagenumber=4

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Playing mini golf at Daytona beach and Matthew Dillner is like two groups ahead of me

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/7/2/8887325/nbc-fox-nascar-television-coverage

quote:

This much is evident before NBC even airs a race: NASCAR fans are finally getting the standard of coverage they deserve.

BUT WE DON'T DESERVE GOOD COVERAGE!

Seriously though. I'm really hoping NBC and NBCSN kind of treat their coverage like they have with F1 and IndyCar thus far.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/7/2/8887325/nbc-fox-nascar-television-coverage

BUT WE DON'T DESERVE GOOD COVERAGE!

Seriously though. I'm really hoping NBC and NBCSN kind of treat their coverage like they have with F1 and IndyCar thus far.

Oh boy, stories! I do need some assistance in falling asleep after the first 20 laps till 50 laps to go. I'm not as concerned about the personalities in the booth. It means nothing when you have directors that can't sit with a camera for more than 3 seconds at a time. Or is too busy looking at the top 5 the entire race so we are all left looking at "oh, just in frame for that spin, so I don't know what happened" replay moments.

Also, I don't think mrn/prn ever did "stories" in their broadcasts, just told you where everyone was and told you were the passing was. If 1-10 was single file with 1s+ gap between, well, they'll move to 11-20 if there is passing.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

Camping World's CEO is pissed at Trump for his comments about Mexicans and wants/is demanding NASCAR to move the Truck banquet away from where they currently have it, which is apparently a Trump property.

E- Apparently, Camping World executives were going to boycott the banquet if it remained there. It looks like it and the Xfinity banquet have just been moved.

Oh I hear another lawsuit for Trump to start.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

JuffoWup posted:

Also, I don't think mrn/prn ever did "stories" in their broadcasts, just told you where everyone was and told you were the passing was. If 1-10 was single file with 1s+ gap between, well, they'll move to 11-20 if there is passing.
If we're not counting the 10-15 minute interviews with the track president and sponsor de jour, sure.

There's a reason why MRN and PRN find all the action to talk about. Follow the money, and it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

In that NBC ad, Danica said I can root for whoever I want.

So I'm wearing my Michael McDowell shirt.

• Locked thread