Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elitist Bitch posted:

At least they're making it easy to see where all the idiots are.

There's a Confederate flag with a bootleg #3 which says "In Memory" in the parking lot of one of the hotels near the speedway. Redneck as gently caress.

FuzzySkinner posted:

AZConservative ‏@AZConservative1 17h17 hours ago
If you watch @NASCAR then you are supporting a gay parade. Time to #BoycottNascar & the offensive Brian France #tcot

Well, that sure is a convincing argument against watching NASCAR, right there, I tell ya what. Good job, Twitter man.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Rico Abreu got his first K&N series win today, which is neat.

edit: Gotta say, even with this being my first time at Daytona, it's bizarre to see all the grandstands so gutted.

What's really going to be a mindfuck is the backstretch not being there next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

There's a Confederate flag with a bootleg #3 which says "In Memory" in the parking lot of one of the hotels near the speedway. Redneck as gently caress.

Considering how Sr. felt about the flag it's a lovely way to remember him.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elitist Bitch posted:

It's the same reason the living Van Zant brothers can get hosed too, but that's another story for another time.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

quote:

“On my dad’s truck, he had this sticker with a rebel flag that said ‘American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.’ At the time, we had this housekeeper named Ann, and she was the most awesome lady. She was an African-American lady, and she asked my stepmother about my dad’s rebel flag on the back of his truck.

“And so the next thing we know my dad’s out there with a knife and a razor blade, and he’s cutting the rebel flag out of the sticker. He didn’t want to offend anybody or make anybody mad in that manner. It was so sweet. It was a little kind-hearted thing. She just thought that was the best. She’s like, ‘That’s just so awesome that you would do that.’ He had a good heart, a big heart.”

:unsmith:

Seriously. Like nearly every other southern "icon" has called that flag bullshit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:sigh:

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 5, 2015

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Good god man, think of the tables!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Phone posting, sorry

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

It's Central Florida in summer, it looks like that literally every afternoon down there. Race might get delayed a bit depending on how long the storms hang around over the speedway, but they'll fizzle out for sure once it gets dark.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yah it was pretty much the same yesterday. Drizzling a bit now

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

Welp... time for more iRacing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Steady rain now with some lightning and thunder. Not overly hard, but expected a delay.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Big storm probably coming at 9 but it'll clear up after that. We'll see

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Fuzzy please stop reading twitter, or at least stop posting terrible twitter posts in the forum. Like I know you're wanting to spur discussion but there's not much to be said about

"@DumbfuckYankee69 5m WELL MY GRAND DADDY ON MY MOTHERS SIDE WAS FROM KENTUCKY AND LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY ~~~SOUTHERN PRIDE~~~" posts.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The view is pretty nice from the new stands and there's plenty of space under them to wait out a rain delay. This is definitely the most enjoyable rain delay I've experienced here.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

They gonna run this tonight? Radar doesn't look good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mearn makes three goons at the track. Is that a record?

anotherblownsave posted:

They gonna run this tonight? Radar doesn't look good

My money's on No. Still a steady rain.

e- Should say that I would gladly have a "Burn the Midnight Oil 400, 2005 10th Anniversary Edition" if it means not baking tomorrow.

We're watching the World Cup game in #nascar and I'll bump the CyTube thread later if anybody wants to watch racin'.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

We're watching the World Cup game in #nascar and I'll bump the CyTube thread later if anybody wants to watch racin'.

Didn't I do that already?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If they do get this going, its gonna be a late night for you east coasters. Yet more evidence of west coast supremacy tbqh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't see how they do this tonight, but AIR TITANs are out, and

quote:

Denny Hamlin @dennyhamlin
Denny Hamlin retweeted Rodney Childers
11:13 drivers to cars.. 11:35 green flag

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hey, NBC can't bump their hot Monday primetime lineup of American Ninja Warrior and The Island.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Fuzzy please stop reading twitter, or at least stop posting terrible twitter posts in the forum. Like I know you're wanting to spur discussion but there's not much to be said about

"@DumbfuckYankee69 5m WELL MY GRAND DADDY ON MY MOTHERS SIDE WAS FROM KENTUCKY AND LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY ~~~SOUTHERN PRIDE~~~" posts.

Can we still make fun of those assholes regardless?

Making fun of fake rednecks is a past time of mine.

(real rednecks are okay though).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't see how they do this tonight, but AIR TITANs are out, and

Midnight races are the best races, so I'm all for it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rain seems to have stopped for now. Let's do this thing. Yolo

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I think that a Sunday night race after a long holiday weekend is stupid to begin with but this is really getting stupid. I know we live in a dvr world, and I'll be watching it via dvr, but 11:35pm start time for one of the better races of the season is just plain lovely for anybody not able to watch it later and who has to return to reality tomorrow making the option of staying up until 4am a bad plan

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Its time to bring up my scheduling idea since at after 10pm we are still waiting for the race to start.

You see. Having lived in Florida for roughly 25 years, I learned something.

It rains.

In July.

Late in the afternoon/evening if you are on the east coast.

Move the 400 to the start of the season. The week after the Super Bowl. Move Indy to the weekend of the 4th, light the track, run it on Saturday. Run the 500 as the last race, with a week break for qualifying, Shootout, and speed weeks. Ditch 2nd race at most tracks, add back Rockingham and Milwaukee/more short tracks, Road America or CotA in the chase... Ditch the cuts, win and in chase format, points for the title. All tracks with lights have Saturday night races.

For racing quality, wider and softer tires, lighter car, no splitter and spoiler, lose that loving dumb as hell tapered spacer.

Fire Darrel Waltrip into the sun. Hang Michael Waltrip from the new stands of Daytona.

HIRE ME NASCAR

Edit: Alternate option for 4th of July weekend.... Eldora.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 6, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eddie D'Hondt (Gordon spotter) has been told that the Air Titan drivers estimate a Midnight-12:30am start based on what they need to do.

NBC's out of rain delay fluff. Second time I've seen this Kyle Busch bit. Also, why did they repave the section past the road course exit? In that wreck, Kyle tore through quite a bit of pavement before he got to the grass and the grass could've ripped the splitter off to kill his momentum had there been extra.

I'm just tired and it may not make sense, but it crossed my mind.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 6, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Eddie D'Hondt (Gordon spotter) has been told that the Air Titan drivers estimate a Midnight-12:30am start based on what they need to do.

CALL THE loving RACE YOU RETARDS

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Genocide Tendency posted:

Move the 400 to the start of the season. The week after the Super Bowl. Move Indy to the weekend of the 4th, light the track, run it on Saturday. Run the 500 as the last race, with a week break for qualifying, Shootout, and speed weeks. Ditch 2nd race at most tracks, add back Rockingham and Milwaukee/more short tracks, Road America or CotA in the chase... Ditch the cuts, win and in chase format, points for the title. All tracks with lights have Saturday night races.

For racing quality, wider and softer tires, lighter car, no splitter and spoiler, lose that loving dumb as hell tapered spacer.

Fire Darrel Waltrip into the sun. Hang Michael Waltrip from the new stands of Daytona.

Love every bit of this.

Yes. All of it. Do this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

when i said midnight races were cool i didn't mean actually start the race at midnight, nascar. your biggest market is the east coast and nobody will be awake to watch this over there.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Ugh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope they start this race and ten laps in it starts pouring

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

We live in an age of DVR and smart phones, lets do this tomorrow and we can DVR it or if you're able to watch from a smart phone from work.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It's only 9:00 here, but I probably can't watch this whole thing and still go to bed at a responsible hour for work.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Drivers getting in.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
8:22pm West Coast best coast.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is insane.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Dear NBC... Thank you for http://stream.nbcsports.com/nascar

It's about drat time we had a decent streaming option.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Exi7wound posted:

Dear NBC... Thank you for http://stream.nbcsports.com/nascar

It's about drat time we had a decent streaming option.

Gonna fall asleep to this

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

This is insane.

I know we all know this, but I like saying it: NASCAR is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I should have made the drive up to Daytona for the race. I could have watched the World Cup, left after and still been there in time for the call to the cars.

• Locked thread