Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Sugar addicts post somewhere else.

Reddit for example.

edit: decaffeinated iced tea is totally OK too - sometimes you just want to knock a cold tea back before bed time and that is just A.O.K.

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Had some iced tea right now. Caffeinated and before bed because that's how I roll.

bacalou

green tea is good with a dash of honey tho

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i think you're taking this too far and too seriously op

e: what about ketchup in tea????

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

bacalou posted:

It is.

Qwerinty posted:

i think you're taking this too far and too seriously op

e: what about ketchup in tea????

I'll get back to you on that. Probably not though.

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh

bacalou posted:

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
i tried some lavender tea recently and it was pretty weird.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Green tea is for frail old ladies. Give me the biggest, blackest tea possible

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Starting my first of many glasses of iced tea today. Cheers!

Diqnol

I hope you love kidney stones

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I hope you love kidney stones

I do not, nor did I know they can be a contributing factor until now. Thanks!

Finishing first glass, about to get a second.

Diqnol

It used to be my drink of choice when I wasn't drinking water but then I got a stone at the ripe age of 24! Be careful, friend.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Lavender tea is good so is jasmine.

Had some weird but good sleepy tea the other week that was like, mint and cherry wood chips...

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It used to be my drink of choice when I wasn't drinking water but then I got a stone at the ripe age of 24! Be careful, friend.

Might be an excuse to swap to an all mint iced "tea" from time to time.

Protip: ITS DELICIOUS.

Scaly Haylie

all i have is chilled tea, is that okay?!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Lizard Wizard posted:

all i have is chilled tea, is that okay?!

Yup.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
down the hatch!

Mapparu

bacalou posted:

i dont like my green tea w/ anything sugary.
have you tried ice green tea? they sell at some stores, it's really good.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Mapparu posted:

i dont like my green tea w/ anything sugary.
have you tried ice green tea? they sell at some stores, it's really good.

It's p darn good I tell you what. But I still prefer unsweetened or with maybe a "dosh" of honey.

Arizona Green Tea, while tasty, ain't really tea to me, see?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
2 glasses down the hatch.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I had a nice cup of iced tea today at a party, it was really good.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
1 cup last night, 1 half cup this morning. (Decaf)

alnilam

Can i tell a fun iced tea secret itt

alnilam

iced teacret

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
only if you whisper.

alnilam

Okay learn to id the staghorn sumac tree. It's really common, its lookalikes are the invasive terrible tree of heaven (more like tree of hell), and poison sumac, but the real stag sumac had toothed leaves. In August or so it bears big cone-shaped bunches of red berries that stick upward. Collect about 4 bunches. Steep them in water for like an hour and then strain them out. Add some sugar (sorry but this one is too tart without sugar). What you have is the origin of "pink lemonade"!

I had always assumed it was a made up flavor like blue raspberry, but it was originally an " iced tea " made with sumac berries! It's really tasty and refreshing and mixes well with gin

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Hot diggity daffodil! August you say? It's a date I say.

Toothy leaves. Toothy leaves. Toothy leaves.

I assume poison sumac has non-toothy leaves. I wonder what would happen if you steeped those leaves in tea? Bad things, I bet.

alnilam

you steep the berries not the leaves, but yeah i imagine it would be Not Good to drink a tea made from poison sumac leaves haha

staghorn sumac grows in these places

poison sumac has whiteish-greenish berries, whereas good sumac has very obviously red berries, so you'd never mistake the two even if you didn't check the leaves

i believe there are other tasty variants of the sumac tree (it's a common spice in persian cuisine for example!) but idk cause i'm a pennsylvania boy

e: this is what staghorn sumac looks like with the berries

they're tastiest in august and sept but they'll stay on the tree all the way until winter!

ty manifisto

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Solid teacret.

Commie NedFlanders

iced tea is perfect when it's crisp and unsweetened

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Mapparu

Thunder Moose posted:

It's p darn good I tell you what. But I still prefer unsweetened or with maybe a "dosh" of honey.

Arizona Green Tea, while tasty, ain't really tea to me, see?

Not talking about Arizona, I think the brand was called Ito En and Teas Tea. Get it in a plastic bottle

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Mapparu posted:

Not talking about Arizona, I think the brand was called Ito En and Teas Tea. Get it in a plastic bottle

Hmm. Well I'll remember that and keep an eye on the sky, if you know what I mean :wink:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
rooibos supremacy

ask me about getting really high

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I have this valerian root and chamomille tea that is great iced

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Unsweetened iced tea, maybe with a lemon wedge.

Sweet tea is terrible. Green tea is worse.

High on the hog, 90's style.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

JackBadass posted:

Unsweetened iced tea, maybe with a lemon wedge.

Sweet tea is terrible. Green tea is worse.

They each have their place.

Iced tea is clearly at the top/head of the table; while the other lesser teas of Sweet and Green tend to his/her/it's every whim - like servants to a mighty pharaoh.

Can someone photoshop an iced tea pharaoh? TIA.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
:frogsiren: Mixed it up today :frogsiren: by making an Arnold Palmer after a hot but satisfying bike ride.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

Okay learn to id the staghorn sumac tree. It's really common, its lookalikes are the invasive terrible tree of heaven (more like tree of hell), and poison sumac, but the real stag sumac had toothed leaves. In August or so it bears big cone-shaped bunches of red berries that stick upward. Collect about 4 bunches. Steep them in water for like an hour and then strain them out. Add some sugar (sorry but this one is too tart without sugar). What you have is the origin of "pink lemonade"!

I had always assumed it was a made up flavor like blue raspberry, but it was originally an " iced tea " made with sumac berries! It's really tasty and refreshing and mixes well with gin

Rhus juice, have made, can confirm it is very good

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
FYI: we have a code red bonobo alert in the forum. Please take appropriate actions

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Splatmaster posted:

FYI: we have a code red bonobo alert in the forum. Please take appropriate actions

MADRE DE DIOS.

*crosses himself

• Locked thread