Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

RealSovietBear posted:

:colbert: No letterbox?

I've started playing this myself on stream, so I can finally check out the LP for the parts I've already finished. One thing that worried me at the start (like in most 3D stealth games) were the vision cones, but they seem to be really, really lovely. The key you pick up at the very start of the game from the big dude? I picked it up while he was still there at the table and he didn't see me.

Also, I had no idea you needed to break the statues for keys. Sheesh, I missed like 5 of them so far :( I actually missed a ton of stuff, like map fragments and the missing persons files. I guess I was expecting old RE-styled files which are almost always in your face.

It's funny how differently you play this game to me. I usually try to be super careful and sneaky and you're just "gently caress it, come at me" with the most useless melee attack I've seen in a Mikami game. Looking forward to checking out the rest of your playthrough as I go through the game myself.

As for recording issues, are you using Elgato Game Capture or OBS? I have issues with Elgato recording my console footage if it's a much longer session, but it doesn't happen on OBS.

They actually recently patched the console versions allowing you to turn off the black bars which is fantastic.

I know this isn't related to the LP. But is there a difference between recording with OBS and Elgato. I find Elgato to do some weird thing where I stop recording but the file keeps on processing or something before I can do anything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread