Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It's fine. I'm assuming they wanted you to go blind for moments when the game goes batshit, like the building being cleaved in half during that ambulance escape scene. As long as the technical problems don't hit those set-pieces, you could always splice in your reaction, or just recreate it on the fly while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm thinking we're shoved in Leslie's mind as a shared consciousness kind of thing. We have to kill THE EVIL WITHIN and stop him from unleashing it on the world

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Maybe WE are the one in the mind meld and these are just projections of people we know while we deal with the loss of that one woman who keeps getting mentioned in those safe room journals :tinfoil:

Would explain spider lady and ~evil doctor~ and all, this is just us recovering from being a nutcase locked in a cult who escaped and is now being tormented by the illuminati cult members present at our psych ward :tinfoil:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Upgrade shotgun damage and handgun crit

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Nah, the game definitely doesn't punish using your bolts wisely. There will be plenty of traps and various pickups available in order to replenish your bolts, as well as outright bolt pickups. Using the freeze bolts was a perfect idea for that boss, too. You should probably invest a few upgrades into them to increase the freeze duration, it looks like it really helps on bosses.

Also, I laughed really hard in the puzzle room with the bodybags and weights. You stared directly at a little statue slowly coming toward you, attached to a bodybag, and didn't swing at it. I guess that's another locker you won't be opening! :cheeky:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I thought Evil Within did a fantastic job of making a safe place feel dangerous when Scruffy ended up back at the hospital when the lights went out. Even if it were just a single enemy, it would entirely strip you of that feeling of pure relief when you wind up back in the hospital, because now there could be an enemy hiding someplace. :tinfoil:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The crossbow is a nice juxtaposition of "obviously evil, probably something from the church used for torturing people" being wielded by a normal revolver-toting detective. It immediately makes Sebastian go from "screwed and scared" to "going toe to toe with evil" while bringing you to question if upgrading your mind with green goo or using this weird loving crossbow by the name of "Agony" are good ideas

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

You do :haw: the bolts which aren't harpoon bolts can be fired at the ground and used as traps to lure enemies into. Put on on the ground, throw a bottle in the other side of it, kablaam!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I yelled at my computer after you shot Safehead in the head for the seventh time, wasting your bolts.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

dscruffy1 posted:

Truth is I got really lucky with two of my Ruvik spawns. Aside from that second one in the left room which I've still got no idea how you were supposed to escape from, he didn't appear in any other narrow hallways and there's always something nearby to hide in or room to get away from him. That and he only shows up four times, but this might be because I died the first two times. If I hadn't died those times I might have only seen him twice. Not sure! As far as I know there's no break on where he'll show up either, dude can appear in front of you or when there's other enemies around you too. Sometimes him showing up will block things off as well, the fireplace I went through has spectral fire pop up when he's creeping around.

That being said Benny Hill isn't the only way to deal with him. Hiding places are supposed to be pretty effective but I was focusing on what was working for me after the second death.

It's a really embarrassing mechanic, and it's so silly that they didn't think to just axe all the basic enemies this level and have it be one long Ruvik Hide and Seek where you can tell ahead of time he's swinging by because of a creepy child's giggle roughly 15 seconds before he swings through.

A constantly stalking Ruvik would be far more interesting than "walk in circles til he disappears" Ruvik. You actually need to hide and can't just time him out, you need to find a room to dash into and a bed/table/wardrobe to hide in

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I think his experiments are important. He is specifically targeting people's fear, hope, and consent/control aspects of the brain. He is trying to destroy these things. Everything is scary, everything is out of our control, and everything seems hopeless so far.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Also max out accuracy because it is outright not firing at the center of the crosshair on the first shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Thesaya posted:

You know you are an Industrial fan when the only time you hear your preferred genre of music played is in horror film soundtracks... :j:

Personally, I think the Serbian film is quite bad. It's just shock and pulp, no substance to the story. I have to admit though, I didn't finish it since the lack of plot made it boring.

Reading the summary, you missed nothing. It ends on as horrible of a note as they could have possibly managed.

The whole movie itself is just a bunch of wankery made by two guys who were tired of the "Political Correctness" of modern Serbian films, so they decided to make one without state-assisted funds that includes basically every topic that people would avoid a movie for. This was supposed to be a commentary of some kind.

• Locked thread