Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Looks like I'm back in the job I like and quitting the one I don't.

I'm not your doorman indeed. INDEED.

Nice! Glad things worked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

chaoslord posted:

The Euros are starting today :toot: quote this post to be assigned one of the teams from the tournament and if your team wins maybe you'll get a prize

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

7 teams left, and almost half of them were the 2nd seed in their group of 4, so lot of good opportunities still around! Although I think more or less every thread regular has signed up at this point so may not get full.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

chaoslord posted:

7 teams left, and almost half of them were the 2nd seed in their group of 4, so lot of good opportunities still around! Although I think more or less every thread regular has signed up at this point so may not get full.

Fine sign me up :P

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

chaoslord posted:

Sure, why not.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Looks like I'm back in the job I like and quitting the one I don't.

I'm not your doorman indeed. INDEED.

you di dit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey, 30 minutes in and they haven't given up a goal yet. That's a positive!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please don't get probated when you are in active games.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Max posted:

That's kinda hard

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

its basically impossible to post in GBS and not get probated anymore

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Max posted:

Please don't post in GBS when you are in active games.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The solution presents itself.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Gordie Howe died today :(

this week sucks

ah drat

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

The solution presents itself.

how the heck am i expected to make it through a whole work day without poo poo posting in GBS, let alone a whole work week?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

how the heck am i expected to make it through a whole work day without poo poo posting in GBS, let alone a whole work week?

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem with posting in GBS.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem with posting in GBS.

Ya my problem is the shithead mods

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's a mafia game in GBS.

Blame Glowku

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

It's a mafia game in GBS.

Blame Glowku

I already do.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why does gbs have a mod thats 100 years oldd

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

why does gbs have a mod thats 100 years oldd

Because lowtax is completely out of touch with the community

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I post in GBS on a semi-regular basis and have never been probated.

Don't be a dumbass, don't get probated.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I have never seen you post in GBS you are full of poo poo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I have never seen you post in GBS you are full of poo poo

Good for you.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

JakeP posted:

its basically impossible to post in GBS and not get probated anymore

Its a time of great sadness.

JakeP posted:

You cannot it violates the laws of physics.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I got banned for posting a thread about beloved Aussie footballer, Norm Mcdonald, who died.

My most recent probation was telling drug addicts to spend their money on something else.

It's pretty easy to be banned/probated I'm saying. Sometimes jokes don't land like you expect them to and then you get probated.

MG3 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 10, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

MG3 posted:

I got banned for posting a thread about beloved Aussie footballer, Norm Mcdonald, who died.

My most recent probation was telling drug addicts to spend their money on something else.

Hah I got asked if I was knew what TCC was at a job interview and said "yes its The Crackhead Clubhouse." Somehow this didn't torpedo me and I got the job.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

Hah I got asked if I was knew what TCC was at a job interview and said "yes its The Crackhead Clubhouse." Somehow this didn't torpedo me and I got the job.

Hahaha amazing

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I never ever understand how or why people get banned or probated on GBS. I look at their posts that get them probated or banned and can't figure out how it is any different than their normal posting. It truly baffles me.

I honestly really avoided posting on the entire forum for a long time because I was afraid of getting banned. It seemed like it was impossible to avoid for too long if you posted anything at all. (And alas, eventually even I did get probated. [I guess I deserved it.])

Kashuno posted:

PBS how do you feel about frog rear end

This is my new favorite out-of-context Kashuno post by the way.

Rarity posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you which Final Fantasy character you are

CCKeane posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you what book you are.

Tommunist posted:

quote this post and i'll tell you what fantasy race you are

Sorry these are all very old, but I'm curious; if you're still feeling up to it.

Tommunist posted:

Dire corby

I didn't know these existed! Thank you for letting me know these exist; this speaks to me on so many levels (...two [probably for the same root cause])! Too bad it got used already. (I guess multiple people can be the same thing though.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I was probated just the other day :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chaoslord posted:

The Euros are starting today :toot: quote this post to be assigned one of the teams from the tournament and if your team wins maybe you'll get a prize

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Still 3 names left in the hat! Sign up for your chance at a free prize! And mostly because I would like to have my hat back :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wrong account? :v:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Give me a euro country. Football is great

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shadow0 posted:

I honestly really avoided posting on the entire forum for a long time because I was afraid of getting banned. It seemed like it was impossible to avoid for too long if you posted anything at all. (And alas, eventually even I did get probated. [I guess I deserved it.])

I don't usually like to toot my own horn and I definitely don't care at all about internet points on this forum, but look at my reg date and then click on my rap sheet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I don't usually like to toot my own horn and I definitely don't care at all about internet points on this forum, but look at my reg date and then click on my rap sheet.

Id be more ashamed than proud

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Still 3 names left in the hat! Sign up for your chance at a free prize! And mostly because I would like to have my hat back :ohdear:

I know nothing about this but sign me up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

I get all my bad posts out in mafia games.