Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I only make good posts breh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

chaoslord posted:

The Euros are starting today :toot: quote this post to be assigned one of the teams from the tournament and if your team wins maybe you'll get a prize

Saw the game. That 2nd goal was a beauty. Couldn't help but be a bit pleased for this dumb French side. I don't normally root for the French but what they hey.

Sign me up, I don't know who's left but I'll be following the cup more or less.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's been awhile since I've been probated. I'm proof reformation works.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

MG3 posted:

I only make good posts breh

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I don't usually like to toot my own horn and I definitely don't care at all about internet points on this forum, but look at my reg date and then click on my rap sheet.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

I don't usually like to toot my own horn and I definitely don't care at all about internet points on this forum, but look at my reg date and then click on my rap sheet.

Sometimes you can be probated for being right.

Other times, well.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shadow0 posted:

I never ever understand how or why people get banned or probated on GBS. I look at their posts that get them probated or banned and can't figure out how it is any different than their normal posting. It truly baffles me.

I honestly really avoided posting on the entire forum for a long time because I was afraid of getting banned. It seemed like it was impossible to avoid for too long if you posted anything at all. (And alas, eventually even I did get probated. [I guess I deserved it.])

This is my new favorite out-of-context Kashuno post by the way.

Sorry these are all very old, but I'm curious; if you're still feeling up to it.

I didn't know these existed! Thank you for letting me know these exist; this speaks to me on so many levels (...two [probably for the same root cause])! Too bad it got used already. (I guess multiple people can be the same thing though.)

Your book is the Alchemist's Apprentice.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Where is my book keane?

I want a book.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
probations are nothing why the hell do people make such a big deal out of them, unless if its like you get probated for being A RACISSt in which cause that means you arep orbably bad and no a cool person

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Where is my book keane?

I want a book.

You didn't quote the post.

There are RULES Capitalist Pig.

But I'll give you a book anyway

The Complete Scoundrel, the D&D 3.5 Splatbook (Because you don't follow rules but we love you anyway.)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Still 3 names left in the hat! Sign up for your chance at a free prize! And mostly because I would like to have my hat back :ohdear:

If I counted right I think you're full but if not I'm in :)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

busb posted:

Austria

Azuth0667 posted:

Northern Ireland

IllegallySober posted:

You can also have Croatia

Full up, thanks yall. Someone (probably bottleknight) is gonna get a good prize. I'll see everyone at my next contest/event on... June 23rd.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do you wanna do the Copa America? A bit more relevant to the majority of Americans. I'm rooting for Colombia obviously. Love our current team, it's terrific.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do you wanna do the Copa America? A bit more relevant to the majority of Americans. I'm rooting for Colombia obviously. Love our current team, it's terrific.

If I would have been thinking before hand I would, but with five teams already eliminated (and probably a sixth before the end of the night), I'd feel bad that a good chunk of the field would potentially draw a team already out.

That said, I'm gonna go watch colombia vs costa rica tomorrow in houston :toot: yay road trip

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
my one probation comes from gbs because some people were saying stupid poo poo and i pointed it out. and i'm the one that gets hit. there's no justice in this world.

and on my birthday too!

Adus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 11, 2016

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

My lone probation came when the football subforum moderator came into the soccer subforum and probated me for an emoticon only response outside of GDTs, which was totally fine and cool in the soccer subforum then. Got a whole day for that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am lawful good and abide both the letter and the spirit of the rules.

As such I have never been probated.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I am lawful good and abide both the letter and the spirit of the rules.

As such I have never been probated.

:same:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

:agreed:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I got probated once for posting this

in the steam gifts thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i get probated for being such a badas

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I have never been probated but I still carry mental scars from when I tried to post in TRP, man do I regret that completely

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

With so many games either ending or getting close I'm thinking about starting up my game soon. My only fear is that Popcon is going on and it might not get much attention. Any thoughts?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

With so many games either ending or getting close I'm thinking about starting up my game soon. My only fear is that Popcon is going on and it might not get much attention. Any thoughts?

I'd play

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Li Dawny posted:

POPCOM is a way of life not a game

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tommunist posted:

POPCOM is a way of life not a game

It takes a lot of energy and attention though, is my only concern.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Li Dawny posted:

It takes a lot of energy and attention though, is my only concern.

so far i've role played the president of turkey and busb the talking plane

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Li Dawny posted:

the people who care about popcorn arent the people you want in a mafia game anyway

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i am NOT a talking plane.

i cant talk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hamilton mafia has ended in a ~~~TOWN~~~ victory.

Look forward to Hamilton Mafias 2 through 568 coming soon.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

The worst case scenario is that you post it and it takes a bit to fill, or it doesn't fill and you repost it in a couple of weeks.

:justpost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I will try not to get probated while in active games in the future. I will do this by not posting in mafia games I am in. Namaste.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Overwatch Mafia ended with:

Town-Aligned Players:

Scum-Aligned Players:

Self-Aligned Bastion:

Self-Aligned Widowmaker:

Self-Aligned Zenyatta:

:siren: Play of the Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzjUf5HlrE

The game has ended, but the voting continues:

Thanks so much again to everyone that helped or were available to help with the PotG filming; I really appreciate it!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You may now finally freely talk about the state of Mafia, how we treat each other, the goals of playing the game etc etc etc.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Abridged thoughts from the game: Please don't call people a bitch (or just don't be a jerk) in the game, it's super offensive and doesn't help anything.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Be as offensive as you want to be* but play the drat game and don't get too personal.

*There are lines you shouldn't cross and if you need them spelled out actually keep it to yourself you big lug

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
if you find yourself needing to use personal insults to play the game you need to take a break from mafia for a while

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

if you find yourself needing to use personal insults to play the game you need to take a break from mafia for a while

What about personalized insults, Mashuno?

...I'm sorry; I went too far. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMOUs4gxFU&t=35s

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 11, 2016

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

The thread for Disney Princess mafia is open in the game room for whoever's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Post the link here so I can follow along, please! Easier for phone posters to find it too.