Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
we're in daylight savings time :jerry: :gowron: :yohoho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I do not know, the bob gets it from the asian markets and it's all in chinese. I had a sip once and it tasted like pear juice but apparently it's actually super strong.

e: ha whoops accidental racisms, don't tell the bob, it's korean not chinese, in my defense I didn't look very closely at the label.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soju

~~~

additionally here is a recipe for vegan mushroom soup (I am not vegan, I make both these recipes with [whole] milk and they still taste great):

http://www.pancakewarriors.com/best-ever-mushroom-soup/

I've made the soup like four times this summer so far because I loving love mushrooms and like the recipe says you can double it up really easily for leftovers and it's super low-calorie and delicious as heck hot or cold and studying for the exam I had a Ludicrous Sleep Schedule (bed around 7am, wake up around 1PM) so I needed easy breezy healthiful comfort food for the 3am pangs.

I have made myself hungry just typing this.

Soju is awesome. Also that soup sounds amazing and I added it to my list of recipes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

One time, my dad's friend went to see a zen master. He was told he had to spend 3 days meditating before he was to be allowed to see the master and ask his question. So he spent a long, long time trying to think of something meaningful to ask.

When the time finally came, he went into the master's chamber, sat down, and asked what he could do about being so sad all the time. He understood that being sad was a condition of his own mind, and wanted to know what he could do to change that condition, to make him a happier individual so that he could better help others.

The master looked at him and said "What's wrong with sad?" Then he rang his bell and told him to get out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

One time, my dad's friend went to see a zen master. He was told he had to spend 3 days meditating before he was to be allowed to see the master and ask his question. So he spent a long, long time trying to think of something meaningful to ask.

When the time finally came, he went into the master's chamber, sat down, and asked what he could do about being so sad all the time. He understood that being sad was a condition of his own mind, and wanted to know what he could do to change that condition, to make him a happier individual so that he could better help others.

The master looked at him and said "What's wrong with sad?" Then he rang his bell and told him to get out.

I would have asked "What isn't the answer to this question?"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I like this one too.

A goddess came down to earth and confronted the venerable Samiddhi.

She said to Samiddhi: "You are young, bhikkhu, to have left the world, black-haired, with the bloom of youth. In your youthful prime you do not enjoy the pleasures of the senses. Get your fill, bhikkhu, of human pleasures. Don't reject the present moment to pursue what time will bring."

Samiddhi responded: "I, friend, do not reject the present moment to pursue what time will bring. I reject what time will bring to pursue the present moment."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Soju is god tier.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I prefer Vodka

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I went to a Buddhist semi-military summer camp for 6 years that, upon reflection, was actually probably just a cult. Ask me anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/04/488387729/nih-plans-to-lift-ban-on-research-funds-for-part-human-part-animal-embryos

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Ask me anything.
When is your birthday? I want to read your horoscope for this week.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I went to a Buddhist semi-military summer camp for 6 years that, upon reflection, was actually probably just a cult. Ask me anything.

What isn't the answer to this question?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

When is your birthday? I want to read your horoscope for this week.

Capricorn. Jan 16th.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

What isn't the answer to this question?

The answer would not be an answer worth considering.

We were posed a lot of questions like that. What is the significance of the nose. What is the source of your information. Point out where "you" are.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was actually going for drugs.

Drugs are never the answer, Max.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Capricorn. Jan 16th.

Capricorn posted:

Capricorn: There is a self that exists inside you. It’s bright and fully formed, and weirder, maybe, than you think the world can bear. It can make sense, sometimes, to keep your realest self hidden, but this is a week to let it out into the physical world. You deserve to breathe air that smells like summer pines, and you deserve to shine as warm as the summer sun. You don’t need to make yourself smaller. This world was made for you, too.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/your-horoscope-for-the-week-of-august-1.html

also as an aside I am so mad at taylor swift right now, ugh, girl look at your choices

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

quote:

Scorpio: There are weeks when boldness alone can light your way. Try not to be afraid. You can cut your hair; you can speak your mind; you can travel across town, across the river, across the world. Even without a map, you won’t lose your way. The seas can rise and fall. The moon can travel across the sky. Change can bring you closer to yourself.

This is comforting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mine is v wrong

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

willus posted:

team empty quote strikes again

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My horoscope just says "You will make Kashuno cry" over and over again. Weird.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

My horoscope just says "You will make Kashuno cry" over and over again. Weird.

you haven't done it yet so please get on it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno will you please cut these onions for me?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 27, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

you bitch rear end boy who wears nothing but ill fitting pants!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Kashuno will you please cut these onions for me?

I don't cry from onions I cut onions in a pizzeria for 5 years.

PBS Newshour posted:

you bitch rear end boy who wears nothing but ill fitting pants!

true most of my pants don't fit right now I am losing too much weight :/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I don't cry from onions I cut onions in a pizzeria for 5 years.

true most of my pants don't fit right now I am losing too much weight :/

Whoa, way to not answer my question and do me a favor and instead turn it into a story about yourself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will cut them for you I guess, Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I will cut them for you I guess, Keane.

Well I already took care of them, but could you do me another favor and review the short film "My Dog Marimo" for me, it's on youtube.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

EccoRaven posted:

Mine was uncomfortably accurate this week. Yesterday I got a text from an old flame and I had to choose between seeing them again and hating myself or not seeing them again and hating myself.

I said no and I think it was the right choice. Last night I had drinks and pub food with friends as a form of self-care and it was a very good choice to help soothe my heart.

I think you should channel the power of the person in your av. Flames!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 27, 2020

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Well I already took care of them, but could you do me another favor and review the short film "My Dog Marimo" for me, it's on youtube.

I have just enough time before the end of work so hold on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

Mine was uncomfortably accurate this week. Yesterday I got a text from an old flame and I had to choose between seeing them again and hating myself or not seeing them again and hating myself.

I said no and I think it was the right choice. Last night I had drinks and pub food with friends as a form of self-care and it was a very good choice to help soothe my heart.

gemini buds :jerry:

Have we talked about how we're gemini buds before?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I have just enough time before the end of work so hold on

Aw this was an adorably heartwarming tale. :h::shittydog::h:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

I look very good in red, so in the fall I tend to go overboard on red tones in my clothes. I also have three winter coats but I only ever wear my red one because of how perfect it is for my everything. with all my red I like to think in another life I'd have made an excellent red priest.

"Look to your sins Lord Keane, for the night is dark and full of terrors."

To which Lord Keane replied:

"Hodor"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm learning rudimentary plumbing today. When this is finished, I'll be smug that I paid about 14$ instead of over a hundred for a plumber. In the meantime, gently caress this.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/your-horoscope-for-the-week-of-august-1.html

also as an aside I am so mad at taylor swift right now, ugh, girl look at your choices

whatd she do THIS time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

whatd she do THIS time

lets just say, it doesn't take a GENIUS or heck even a BABY to know that this was a bad idea SEQUEL

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll check those recipes out Ecco, thanks!

Soju is FANTASTIC and also INCREDIBLY SNEAKY. I went to a Korean dive bar my buddy discovered once and the way they make soju beverages is as follows:

1. Get a container to hold the drink that you can pour out of (I bought a japanese tea strainer thermos thing for the purpose of doing this at home because DELICIOUSNESS IS ABOUT TO FOLLOW)
2. Pour in one of the following (I guess you could mix poo poo):

a. pineapple juice
b. strawberry juice
c. yogurt drink (like yakult - this is my favorite if you like calpisu type yogurt drink)

3. Pour in spirte or other lemon live soda
4. Pour in Soju
5. Hand this bottle and shot glasses to your patron

It gets you hosed, and tastes DELICIOUS.

I want to do this tonight actually :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

I'm learning rudimentary plumbing today. When this is finished, I'll be smug that I paid about 14$ instead of over a hundred for a plumber. In the meantime, gently caress this.
if you got any questions let me know

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/4/121...source=facebook hey guys i am going to become a games journalist!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

please review ladykiller in a bind