Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHY IS EVERYONE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT BEBE'S KIDS MEME ACTIVATED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm trying to get the WR time

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I imported the middle eastern localization, where it's known as Bibi's Yids

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oddly enough the children are the villains

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm trying to get the WR time
I didn't know you were a speedrunner! Good luck, friend, may all your inputs be frame-perfect. :patriot:

(Now I'm curious if you have anything on SDA.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I imported the middle eastern localization, where it's known as Bibi's Yids

9/10

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I didn't know you were a speedrunner! Good luck, friend, may all your inputs be frame-perfect. :patriot:

(Now I'm curious if you have anything on SDA.)

oh no i was joking extremely hard there, I'm not a speedrunner at all and am trash at even playing video games at the normal pace.

There's only one speedrunner who posts good times of bebe's kids though so it's theoretically possible

E: best I can figure the quickest way to beat bebe's kids is in under a minute by accessing the developer's debug options, but there's no skill and it's extremely boring.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 23, 2017

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

oh no i was joking extremely hard there, I'm not a speedrunner at all and am trash at even playing video games at the normal pace.

There's only one speedrunner who posts good times of bebe's kids though so it's theoretically possible

E: best I can figure the quickest way to beat bebe's kids is in under a minute by accessing the developer's debug options, but there's no skill and it's extremely boring.

That speedrunner's name?

Albert Einstein.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Most speedruns have categories, and generally speaking, accessing debug/level-skip is kinda considered cheating, anyways. If you find a glitch that lets you levelskip, that's one thing, but just putting in a cheat code is against the spirit of speedrunning.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Most speedruns have categories, and generally speaking, accessing debug/level-skip is kinda considered cheating, anyways. If you find a glitch that lets you levelskip, that's one thing, but just putting in a cheat code is against the spirit of speedrunning.

That's what I figured, playing through the whole thing normally is also extremely boring and rng dependent, and even though only like 4 people made this game I don't think it's complicated to have any fun glitches that actually do anything.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

There is literally only one BK speedrunner and he just did it as a joke this past summer. There's no scene for the game (because it sucks). I've been secretly trying to route it for months but to no avail.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am so happy that Bebe's Kids is a thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

All the games I love have incredibly well-established speedrunning scenes, which is pretty cool, right up until you realize that you will never, ever be anywhere near as good as the people who've been running the games for literal decades. I haven't even managed the one-cycle Majora's Mask run yet, much less an actually decent PB.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

All the games I love have incredibly well-established speedrunning scenes, which is pretty cool, right up until you realize that you will never, ever be anywhere near as good as the people who've been running the games for literal decades. I haven't even managed the one-cycle Majora's Mask run yet, much less an actually decent PB.

So what? I still watch professional sports.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You still post here too

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MCKids are the better kids

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Speedruns are dumb, it's a bizarre hobby only appreciated by the nerdier class of nerd. The only joy they give me is reminding me I no longer play video games and I don't miss it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i will speedrun ultima7 for you.

probs take only about 20 hours

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

So what? I still watch professional sports.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Snooze Cruise posted:

WHY IS EVERYONE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT BEBE'S KIDS MEME ACTIVATED

guy just wants a five guys burger and fries

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Pretty sure the most ludicrous display happened on Friday, not last night, ho ho ho.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Pretty sure the most ludicrous display happened on Friday, not last night, ho ho ho.

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

why would you want to be that good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

Speedruns are dumb, it's a bizarre hobby only appreciated by the nerdier class of nerd. The only joy they give me is reminding me I no longer play video games and I don't miss it.

Shut up, you cantankerous idiot who we only tolerate due to your tenure despite your inherent toxicity to the community.

Also true.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

speedrunners practice an inhuman amount of hours until they muscle memory everything and its a spectacle to watch at times but to me that is less desirable than just being 'good at games' which many of them arent. like the guy lobos jr who does all the dark souls hard mode speedruns tried to play symphony of the night and died to slogra & gaibon (laugh track)

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I have beaten binding of isaac twice this week. Yay I guess.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

Shut up, you cantankerous idiot who we only tolerate due to your tenure despite your inherent toxicity to the community.

also my fun mafia games

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

I have beaten binding of isaac twice this week. Yay I guess.
Good job! :toot:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

nah, pakistan's fielding was hopeless last night.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i took a canadian friend of mine to the cricket last night to show him how rad it is. he's a baseball fan so he kept telling me about how good the Maple Leafs are but i dunno there was cricket going on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

i took a canadian friend of mine to the cricket last night to show him how rad it is. he's a baseball fan so he kept telling me about how good the Maple Leafs are but i dunno there was cricket going on.

He should have known better than to talk to you while you were watching cricket. He should have waited for you to sober up.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

busb posted:

lol the maple leaves are a hockey team. drat Canadians can never shut up about stupid hockey

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

also my fun mafia games

Which I approve of

EchoRaven
Jan 12, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Which I approve of

I don't.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. F! posted:

lol the maple leaves are a hockey team. drat Canadians can never shut up about stupid hockey

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't say it enough, but I really do appreciate all of you. Even when you're being assholes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So like... all the time?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pretty much. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.

When you get calls even offside you can manage it