Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

derp posted:

someone make a drat game already

You could go be a vanilla in Death Note!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I have one drawn up but I'm playin a couple right now and I feel like people complain when too many games are going on at once

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

derp posted:

you can chill in chill mafia with us, derp

the game's almost a year old, deadline's next november

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794791

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have a asetup ready to go but won’t post it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BottleKnight posted:

you can chill in chill mafia with us, derp

the game's almost a year old, deadline's next november

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794791

I tried this and Betrayer broke it :v: Glad there's still one running!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

Here is a post I just read from a mafia group I'm in "Also while I’m on this point - if you know that you cannot talk for even 10-15 minutes per day (with an occasional exception) - why sign up to play? We all have unexpected things that happen and if we let people know “hey today is gonna be crazy because (reason) - that’s different. But not contributing at all except a couple of words or a vote here and there ruins it for everyone else, especially if your role is vitally important to your team."

it's not just SA :sun:

A lot of people want more contributions here than 10-15 minutes per day. I'm going to bring this up AGAIN because it was mega frustrating to me, but I've been called out for "lurking" for not posting in the thread within like a 22 hour window.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

A lot of people want more contributions here than 10-15 minutes per day. I'm going to bring this up AGAIN because it was mega frustrating to me, but I've been called out for "lurking" for not posting in the thread within like a 22 hour window.

And then when I got mad and frustrated, people said that was a scum tell! BRINGING IT BACK FULL CIRCLE HERE.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've been called out and see others called out for lurking for not posting during an 8 hour window that includes the during the work day or even overnight. We both have lax rules where people can go days without posting but also can be overly strict where any time you're not actively posting you are instead lurking.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
How do people feel about the top poster getting to decide if they want to kill the bottom poster each game day

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
only if the bottom poster is below some threshold, otherwise it turns into a game of post racing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
gently caress it. I'll start up Post Restriction Mafia. Just gimme a few minutes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont think it should be at the behest of the top poster since it is usuall some lunatic who is just responding to absolutely everything with one-liners meanwhile some other human is writing paragraphs and paragraphs and putting them into one post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

i dont think it should be at the behest of the top poster since it is usuall some lunatic who is just responding to absolutely everything with one-liners meanwhile some other human is writing paragraphs and paragraphs and putting them into one post kashuno

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i dont think it should be at the behest of the top poster since it is usuall some lunatic who is just responding to absolutely everything with one-liners meanwhile some other human is writing paragraphs and paragraphs and putting them into one post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I said it already, but I always liked replacing into games. I always felt like I was helping out play the game as the maker intended. I've been killed right after replacing in, I don't mind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Post Restriction Mafia, a Mafia game for 13 players!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

q: has anyone ever done a mafia game with a resurrection mechanic

q2: what about nesting masonries

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

q: has anyone ever done a mafia game with a resurrection mechanic

q2: what about nesting masonries

I played one that had a rez

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've done a couple Rez ones.

IIRC I usually do a Janitored flip and then have them come back later

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I return on this day, the anniversary of my birth, to say that Mafia is bad.

And to ask if it is dead yet.

Also: anime is good.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Meinberg posted:

I return on this day, the anniversary of my birth, to say that Mafia is bad.

And to ask if it is dead yet.

Also: anime is good.

We all just play peragames now

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

[quote="“Tobbs Gnawed”" post="“477363187”"]
We all just play peragames now
[/quote]

Good. Anime rises.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Meinberg posted:

Good. Anime rises.

We are playing death note

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Good. Anime rises.

You are going to lose your loving mind in Riven, Meinberg. I've gone to PM you about poo poo I'm proud of on no fewer than three occasions, and I have yet to even begin on the super cool poo poo.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

peramene posted:

You are going to lose your loving mind in Riven, Meinberg. I've gone to PM you about poo poo I'm proud of on no fewer than three occasions, and I have yet to even begin on the super cool poo poo.

For real, I’d love to hear about this stuff, you can always PM me about the weird rear end poo poo going on in your games. Also, pre-sign me for Riven thanks.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Those are mutually-exclusive aims!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

derp posted:

Okay. I'll put one up tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress it:

Contact in Cudłaty a 15 person closed setup game of completely normal mafia is now open for sign ups.

Do the thing if you wish.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Or better yet. Join that one!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JOIN ALL OF THEM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Join PR Mafia. It's gonna be stupid as hell.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Join PR Mafia and then play it in my thread.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I LOVE TOU LITTLE MAC

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Everybody loves Little Mac, you're not special.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

gently caress it:

Contact in Cudłaty a 15 person closed setup game of completely normal mafia is now open for sign ups.

Posted this on a friday night, so hey, here it is again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PR Mafia could run with 9 if it has to, but I don't want it to have to.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Join PMush's first. In true ecco fashion I am still writing some flavor.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

gently caress it:

okay excuse me

we didn't waste dozens of lives and thousands of hours conquering Qal just so they could continue using their weird alphabet like ł and ß and Ⱶ

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Habeas Corpses is over slightly earlier than it technically should have been, but it would have ended the same either way.

I hope Mac reopens the thread so we can discuss it a bit more in there, I'm worried I accidentally prompted an early closing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

okay excuse me

we didn't waste dozens of lives and thousands of hours conquering Qal just so they could continue using their weird alphabet like ł and ß and Ⱶ

The second step to conquering a society is to absorb them.