Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

##vote birdstrike

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Final Fantasy 1 is, by far, the most exciting game of mafia I have personally played in. Love it so much.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CapitalistPig posted:

Chrono Cross is a thousand times better than ff8

Yeesh, I dunno. FF8 is very good and so is Chrono Cross. They're very different games.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Both bad tho

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

busb posted:

Both bad tho
Everyone knows the only good game on the PS1 is 102 Dalmatians: Puppies To The Rescue.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I might die if FF7 Mafia and DBZ Mafia 2 happen at the same time, but damned if I wont try to do it if that happens

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

busb posted:

Both bad tho

Yer drat right

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Monathin posted:

I might die if FF7 Mafia and DBZ Mafia 2 happen at the same time, but damned if I wont try to do it if that happens

Who ran DBZ mafia?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Who ran DBZ mafia?

Nat20, I think? I wasnt in it but I remember reading it with extreme interest.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CapitalistPig posted:

Chrono Cross is a thousand times better than ff8

literally all video games are thousands of times better than final fantasy eight.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would rather play Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing for as many hours as an average final fantasy eight playthrough takes than play through final fantasy eight.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

oh man i really wanted to engage in the conversation two pages ago but it has passed

quidnosemafia.txt

ps what's a doclett

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Final Fantasy 8 is about dumb college sci fi drama with moody teens and is literally the best final fantasy ever for it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

oh man i really wanted to engage in the conversation two pages ago but it has passed

quidnosemafia.txt

ps what's a doclett

google it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asphyxious posted:

Final Fantasy 8 is about dumb college sci fi drama with moody teens and is literally the best final fantasy ever for it.

Final Fantasy 8 is brilliant if you subscribe to the "Squall is Dead" theory.

http://squallsdead.com

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I presigned for FF7 mafia like months ago, get on my level

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ff8 is cool

the stupid parts are what is stupid in every jrpg ever. if youre not used to bad battles then play an action rpg. if you dont like a guy getting up to talk to a singer and having to fake a leg cramp while all of his friends clown on him, im afraid you are just not very mature at all

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

google it

Okay. Some people (I won't name names) are only seeing this subject in a negative light. And as such, it causes ignorance in the masses. I think that the public needs to see a more educated view of Gynophagia from the viewpoint of someone who is into this fetish.

Gynophagia is the fetish of a person becomming food for someone else as a fantasy. As a fantasy, it's just as taboo as BDSM or other kinks (I won't list everything here). Actually, Gynophagia can really be a more gentle fetish than BDSM because torture is almost never applied.

Honestly, when you boil it down to its essentials (no pun intended), Gynophagia is an extension of the Damsal in Distress scinario like you see in stories and such.

-Gynophagia is present in alot of the older media we have, the most widely recognized being a helpless woman being boiled alive by a native tribe when the hero rescues her.
-Another example would be in Little Red Riding Hood, where the wolf devours Red Riding Hood (but this could also be classified as a separate but similar fetish called Voreaphillia)

One of the more widely known scenarios of Gynophagia is known as the Dolcett method, which usually centers around the main female character of a Dolcett comic being spit roasted alive - and enjoying every moment of it.

But again: I must stress that Gynophagia is one of those few fetishes that can only be a fantasy and should be practiced in RL (Real Life).

For more information on the subject, try to google Gynophagia when you can - but keep an open mind when you do!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Here is my story about why I hate FF8 and it's kinda my fault but I don't care I hate it anyway.

After you first escape your school-turned-battlemech you are given an item called the Magical Lamp which if you use will let you fight Diablos and he'll then turn into a summon, and is the only way you can learn Half-Encounter and No-Encounter, which are absolutely 100% necessary in a game where the enemies scale with you and the encounter rate is artificially high because they assume you're going to turn this ability on relatively early in the game.

Except I stopped playing the game for a few days immediately upon receiving the lamp and promptly forgot all about it, which means I continued on in the game, fighting basically every monster and dealing with random encounters every 5 steps. It got to the point where I would take the dumb car out of the futurecity which would run out of gas almost immediately but still could drive very, very slowly because you didn't get encounters when you were driving in the car.

Because of all these unavoidable encounters I ended up VASTLY overleveled. To the point that random encounters, if I actually fought them, could take 10-15 minutes. Bosses were such damage sponges that they would take HOURS. I remember the one fight in I think it was the opera house or some sort of theatre that literally took 3 hours of continuous fighting. I had to go around drawing up 99 of every spell I had because I would run out before the fight was over and then have to change my strategy several times because I'd run out of Esuna or Wall.

It was bullshit garbage and made me hate the game forever. And of course the game has no other redeemable qualities like a good story or likeable characters to make up for the awful gameplay.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Quidthulhu posted:

Okay. Some people (I won't name names) are only seeing this subject in a negative light. And as such, it causes ignorance in the masses. I think that the public needs to see a more educated view of Gynophagia from the viewpoint of someone who is into this fetish.

Gynophagia is the fetish of a person becomming food for someone else as a fantasy. As a fantasy, it's just as taboo as BDSM or other kinks (I won't list everything here). Actually, Gynophagia can really be a more gentle fetish than BDSM because torture is almost never applied.

Honestly, when you boil it down to its essentials (no pun intended), Gynophagia is an extension of the Damsal in Distress scinario like you see in stories and such.

-Gynophagia is present in alot of the older media we have, the most widely recognized being a helpless woman being boiled alive by a native tribe when the hero rescues her.
-Another example would be in Little Red Riding Hood, where the wolf devours Red Riding Hood (but this could also be classified as a separate but similar fetish called Voreaphillia)

One of the more widely known scenarios of Gynophagia is known as the Dolcett method, which usually centers around the main female character of a Dolcett comic being spit roasted alive - and enjoying every moment of it.

But again: I must stress that Gynophagia is one of those few fetishes that can only be a fantasy and should be practiced in RL (Real Life).

For more information on the subject, try to google Gynophagia when you can - but keep an open mind when you do!
Source your quotes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

ff8 is cool

the stupid parts are what is stupid in every jrpg ever. if youre not used to bad battles then play an action rpg. if you dont like a guy getting up to talk to a singer and having to fake a leg cramp while all of his friends clown on him, im afraid you are just not very mature at all

jrpgs are bad

ff8 manages to be the bottom of the barrel in an already bad genre

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Source your quotes

it's the first result

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

jrpgs are bad

ff8 manages to be the bottom of the barrel in an already bad genre

Much

You're

Posting

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Much

You're

Posting

except my genre is Cool Posters

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

it's the first result

Podima posted:

Much

You're

Posting

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FF8 was a game you couldn't make toda, it was designed for a demographic that literally doesn't exist anymore

it has a lot of questionable design decisions but i like it all the same

that's my life story, i hope you all enjoyed it

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bottlknight stop stealing my are poasts

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ghere's a 9 hour speedrun "speedrun" of ff8 just for you gaspy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjKKvWvPups

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey join The World Ends With [Mafia]! guys i promise it'll be a good time

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

So this is how the world ends,
Not with a bang, but a lunch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chic Trombone posted:

finally a good jrpg

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my friends, have you heard of the trails games?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

my friends, have you heard of the trails games?

when the gently caress is cold steel 2 pc

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Monathin posted:

when the gently caress is cold steel 2 pc

please i am trying to ignore this hole in my heart

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"final fantasy has the greatest jrpg of all time something something the one with the clown or the one with cloud"

oh my friends, have you heard of Trails in the Sky the 3rd, the only good game about emotions???

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

please i am trying to ignore this hole in my heart

my friend hooked me on the cold steel pc release and has been baiting the hook with me for months now about cold steel 2 pc and I refuse to shadowplay/emulate/whatever the hell the version that's on the PS4 via PS3 emulation so i'm basically in hell

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Monathin posted:

my friend hooked me on the cold steel pc release and has been baiting the hook with me for months now about cold steel 2 pc and I refuse to shadowplay/emulate/whatever the hell the version that's on the PS4 via PS3 emulation so i'm basically in hell

have you played the sky games?

SC and the 3rd are masterpieces

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

have you played the sky games?

SC and the 3rd are masterpieces

I'm gonna wait until after Cold Steel 2 because realistically I will get bored enough to play through the Sky trilogy while waiting for Cold Steel 3 PC :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Monathin posted:

I'm gonna wait until after Cold Steel 2 because realistically I will get bored enough to play through the Sky trilogy while waiting for Cold Steel 3 PC :eng99:

lmao

I did the sky games, in like 3 months because I was so starved after beating cold steel