Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I'm hungry.
hi hungry i'm dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

bowmore posted:

hi hungry i'm dad

Hi dad I'm fishing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hi dad I'm fishing
hi fishing i'm dad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Come join Nat20 is scum mafia.

Nat20 is scum in this game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850934

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DGK2000 posted:

Checking in to say that Depression blows loving balls.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yet it's still better than animé

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

depression is the cars of emotion

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

bowmore posted:

hi fishing i'm dad

hi dad i'm dad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm still good old Poison Mushroom. Though there are some who once called me... Colon V.

Leper Colon V, don't drop the important bits

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

busb posted:

you seen this Chihayafuru show? its pretty good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

hi dad i'm dad

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Literally never heard of this guy so keen to give it a look. I only saw this out the corner of my eye as I left the forest and thought it was just a trick of the light, but very glad I went back to find out what was going on there. Fun fact, now I’m playing FFXV I’ve seen Ramuh again, guessing he’s a more regular lightning summon? Still a bigger fan of Quetzalcoatl but hey. With Ixion too, I wonder why they struggle so much on lightning elementals? They never get the brand recognition of shiva or Ifrit.

Not sure if we’re actually meant to be under water or if this is like the Coral Highlands from monster hunter, but it’s dead pretty either way! Loving this new area.

This really, really felt like something important but I couldn’t react with it at all, so maybe something interesting happens here later? Also were the Ancients mermaids? I don’t really get their architecture.

Touch a glowy thing, get a headache. They fill me with the voices of the Ancients, which I can’t understand, so guessing I’ll have to come back and visit all of these things with Aeris. What fun!! I find an inn and have a kip and Cloud wakes up saying he can “hear Aeris” and that he can feel Sephiroth there too “in his soul”. Not good signs all round.

And after going to sleep it’s now night! What a great little mechanic! I don’t think this game has done a day/night transition before, so it gives the impression Cloud and co have woken up in the middle of the night and adds a great sense of urgency.

Really not following the aesthetic of the Ancients at all here. Not sure what this place is at all but it doesn’t really mesh with the little mermaid city that’s above it.

Straight from crystal to ghibli steam punk, the Ancients need to get their poo poo together. Also I appreciate it but I’m also very nervous about all the Save Points I’m coming across here..

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ramuh is the quintessential Lightning Summon in final fantasy games.

As long as there have been summons it has been Ramuh/shiva/Ifrit repping Lightning/Ice/Fire.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Ramuh is the quintessential Lightning Summon in final fantasy games.

As long as there have been summons it has been Ramuh/shiva/Ifrit repping Lightning/Ice/Fire.

I just keep missing him I guess. Before this I played 8/10/12, all of which avoid Ramuh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, 12 did something radically different with their summons in general.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

I mean, 12 did something radically different with their summons in general.

Big fan of 12’s summons/12 in general honestly.

Super enthusuastic pre-signs for cpig’s FF8 + FF12 games please and thank you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

how good is the music in the City of the Ancients though

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asphyxious posted:

Big fan of 12’s summons/12 in general honestly.

Super enthusuastic pre-signs for cpig’s FF8 + FF12 games please and thank you.

I am stopping at X-2

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I am stopping at X-2

:O

Is this so you don’t have to do an MMO one?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

CapitalistPig posted:

I am stopping at X-2

What, no FFXI Soldiers Game? Tsk tsk

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asphyxious posted:

:O

Is this so you don’t have to do an MMO one?

No because thats as far as I've played

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

I am stopping at X-2

will there be massage minigames

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

No because thats as far as I've played

I cannot recommend FFXV enough. It’s a relentlessly charming game about camping with your friends and being best buds.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asphyxious posted:

I cannot recommend FFXV enough. It’s a relentlessly charming game about camping with your friends and being best buds.

I started playing it but i never got a chance to finish.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I started playing it but i never got a chance to finish.

I’m actually such a massive fan of 12, would you want to co-mod it? There’s a lot of fun to be had there and I love running games.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

I’m actually such a massive fan of 12, would you want to co-mod it? There’s a lot of fun to be had there and I love running games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/595520/FINAL_FANTASY_XII_THE_ZODIAC_AGE/

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I know!! Maybe for later, I replayed FF12 just before that came out, so wasn’t up for it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Gadpy u should play Ultima 7 instead

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hi mafs

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asphyxious posted:

I was fully expecting FFXV to be a fun game for a bit, but it quickly became my one of my all time favorites.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I should probably get around to actually playing XV. I bought it at release but have never actually started it. I take it that I should get all the DLC?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I should probably get around to actually playing XV. I bought it at release but have never actually started it. I take it that I should get all the DLC?

Yes, and don’t play them until the relevant chapters. The Prompto and Ignis ones are phenomenal.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Woo!

Cloud gets all headachey, pulls his sword out and goes to attack Aeris, Barret and Tifa cry out stopping you at the last minute.

And it jumps to a cutscene, and I’m like... wait..

WAIT

THIS HAPPENS NOW??! it’s so early in the game!! What the gently caress!!

And Aeris’ corpse drops a materia that bounces off into the void.

I knew this was coming but I really thought this was like an act 2/3 thing, not right here right now. I feel like we hardly know Aeris and she’s already dead?! I thought I had so, so much more time with Aeris and knowing that’s over is a real blow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Back when I played FF7 I was similarly spoiled about Aeris dying at some point, but not knowing any of the details. I didn't know if it was maybe an FF4 style of death, where she just shows up again later somehow. Or maybe it was like Shadow's death in FF6 which could be possibly averted?

I also didn't think it'd probably be too soon, but as soon as she left the party after Temple of the Ancients I was thinking "oh no... is she going to be coming back?" :ohdear:

Then I rocked up to the City of the Ancients and as soon as I hear that awesome creepyass music, I'm like "oh gently caress she's doomed now"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asphyxious posted:

I knew this was coming but I really thought this was like an act 2/3 thing, not right here right now. I feel like we hardly know Aeris and she’s already dead?! I thought I had so, so much more time with Aeris and knowing that’s over is a real blow.

:allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just run around Midgard 50 times and get everyone to level 99 and you can bring her back!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

PMush Perfect posted:

Just run around Midgard 50 times and get everyone to level 99 and you can bring her back!

This guy are sick.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PMush Perfect posted:

No you have to go to the truck near the SS Anne and use Strength

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
just dump her mangled corpse next to lord british and he'll revive her. 2ez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hello Dick Gnoll