Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

i like the one where a boo wears the crown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who do you think the next president of US gonna be? I think it will be Drake or David Bowie

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Macklemore

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Trigger opinion, KLK would have been significantly improved if the dub had more censorship. Then I could recommend it for the fights and characters without feeling like the ultracreep.

If you recommend anime to people, you've already crossed the rubicon. Lean into it imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If you recommend anime to people, you've already crossed the rubicon. Lean into it imo

Lmao

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Who do you think the next president of US gonna be? I think it will be Drake or David Bowie

"For the democratic nominee, we have conjured up the immortal soul of David Bowie and bound it to this decorative embossed plate."

6 months later

"David Bowie Possessed Decorative Embossed Plate, a literal flock of geese has a lot to say about immigration reform and guns rights, what are your thoughts?"

*silence*

6 months later

"I am proud to announce a literal flock of geese as the 46th presidents of the United States of America"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
To be fair both of these are an improvement over the current leadership.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 25, 2018

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Basta

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ANIME

4EVER

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

check it out
                  a post

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I didn't know this was an actual word until literally ten minutes ago.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Amoeba102 posted:

Remember Opopanax? I never knew he was an odorous gum resin until I saw his name scrawled on the walls of the alchemy room from the Harry Potter set and had to look it up. Except they had it as Opopamax instead.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

You are required to wear that if we ever meet

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

By the way, where in Canada are you?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

You are required to wear that if we ever meet
And then can I wear you? :wink:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

PMush Perfect posted:

Like, as a jacket? :raise:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was thinking more of a dress.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This got dark real quick

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Internet stranger making you into a skinsuit" is old hat. I accidentally made a self harm joke today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh wow there’s a mafia discussion thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

And it’s anime chat all the way down jfc

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

You rang?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mine condolences

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Mr. Humalong posted:

Welcome. Please help me in banning animé from this thread, the forums, and everywhere

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

busb posted:

Welcome. Please help me in banning animé from this thread, the forums, and everywhere

Look at your avatar tho weebur

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

You rang?

Hey Podima, I need some mead recommendations. That's your thing, yeah??

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tommunist posted:

Look at your avatar tho weebur

No

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Nah I actually don’t do mead much - I’m more of a beer/whisky guy. Sorry!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Quidthulhu posted:

Figure out a way to get your hands on some Schramm's. Black Agnes is a good starting point.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anime...... is good.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

Anime...... is good.

:wrong:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh i want to make it clear my earlier post was not an endorsement of KLK. that show would be excessively mediocre even if you did pmush's ideas
i don't get why people act like that show saved anime or is some diamond in the rough. its just not good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
now... montly girls nozakikun... that is a good anime and manga

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who was the mafia player who was a mead expert :confused:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

I’ve been working very hard on making my skin pretty so make sure not to mess up my tattoos

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh i want to make it clear my earlier post was not an endorsement of KLK. that show would be excessively mediocre even if you did pmush's ideas
i don't get why people act like that show saved anime or is some diamond in the rough. its just not good.

japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jonathan Fisk posted:

japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy.

lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that was such a good mod meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's more emotion than i could ever muster for a show that turned into a gurren lagann cover