Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I genuinely forgot that Merk pretended to be Chinese to avoid getting executed

This is my favorite thing on the internet today.

Shine on you beautiful merky diamond you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It’s 3am and suddenly I’m struck by a sudden urge to do a big research project about Mafia and mafia on SA in particular. Is there any spreadsheet with up-to-date stats on role win rates/player winrates/etc? I remember seeing that eg the town correctly found scum on day one a shockingly high percentage of the time, but that was data from many many many years ago

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kingcobweb posted:

It’s 3am and suddenly I’m struck by a sudden urge to do a big research project about Mafia and mafia on SA in particular. Is there any spreadsheet with up-to-date stats on role win rates/player winrates/etc? I remember seeing that eg the town correctly found scum on day one a shockingly high percentage of the time, but that was data from many many many years ago

there was an award show, that i remember happening at least once

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
golden hammer awards, maybe if im lucky i'll find the link and post it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

happy birthday, ecco

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Mafia.... the game I used to know............

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

no

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mills?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mafia, When?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Onset.... ??

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I try to run another game right now I want you to find me and kick my rear end.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Somberbrero posted:

If I try to run another game right now I want you to find me and kick my rear end.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/838195261067386880?s=21

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Just wanted to announce something to potentially garner some interest...

(Launching some time at the end of June)

I've promised a lot of games only to never even start them or see them through, but this one I've actually been working on for quite a while. I plan on doing a series of escape games (loosely based on the show "The Great Escape"). I intend on having 10 people max, at least for the first game, where signups will be done via questionnaire/hand picked like Myst or the Survivor games were. Each iteration (if it goes well) will have a central theme/plot, a lot of difficult rooms to get through as a team (or wherever your journey leads you with particular teammates, yourself, or your entire team), a point system/leaderboard for the players who solve individual puzzles (escaping is the ultimate prize, but points are a fun way to see how people are contributing), and important decisions that may ultimately lead to you escaping or dying trying to get out. Everybody will have a unique experience/story/role within your interactions with each other, NPCs, and anything else that may pop up. If anybody has interest in being in the game or being used as a "human puzzle" in a sense, PM me, and I can let you know either when the thread is up officially, or how I could use you in the game. But yeah, additional information + in depth stuff on rules, etc will be explained once the thread is posted.

Still a little over a month away from when I intend to make a signup thread, but just thought I'd poke my head in!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That is insanely cool and I can't wait to hear more about this!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I volunteer to be the mole

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I wanna do that.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i need to play this

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i am not too busy, shut up nerds

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I guess I’m about ready to come back from my two-year Mafia hiatus and this looks very neat. So I’m interested.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tpink posted:

I guess I’m about ready to come back from my two-year Mafia hiatus and this looks very neat. So I’m interested.

It's good to see you back.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Toalpaz posted:

It's good to see you back.

:glomp:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Where is birdstrike

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tommunist posted:

Where is birdstrike

feeling the bern

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

now, i guess?

I wonder if Asiina got petrified by a basilisk in the process of typing its name

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GeneX posted:

feeling the bern

:bernget20:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are people ready enough for me to run my game then? I have a bit of time coming up so I should be able to set it up

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

*bad guy voice* do it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m not ready

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Bernstrike posted:

I’m not ready

No one is ready for that kind of greatness.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Retro Futurist posted:

Are people ready enough for me to run my game then? I have a bit of time coming up so I should be able to set it up

:bisonyes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok

Now open

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sure, I could play this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not really very interested in mafia at the moment and am signed up for Thingyman's thing. I can play, but I'd be willing to trade out my spot to someone more willing. The game starts June 10 at 8PM Eastern. Would anyone like to sub in?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Just wanted to announce something to potentially garner some interest...

(Launching some time at the end of June)

I've promised a lot of games only to never even start them or see them through, but this one I've actually been working on for quite a while. I plan on doing a series of escape games (loosely based on the show "The Great Escape"). I intend on having 10 people max, at least for the first game, where signups will be done via questionnaire/hand picked like Myst or the Survivor games were. Each iteration (if it goes well) will have a central theme/plot, a lot of difficult rooms to get through as a team (or wherever your journey leads you with particular teammates, yourself, or your entire team), a point system/leaderboard for the players who solve individual puzzles (escaping is the ultimate prize, but points are a fun way to see how people are contributing), and important decisions that may ultimately lead to you escaping or dying trying to get out. Everybody will have a unique experience/story/role within your interactions with each other, NPCs, and anything else that may pop up. If anybody has interest in being in the game or being used as a "human puzzle" in a sense, PM me, and I can let you know either when the thread is up officially, or how I could use you in the game. But yeah, additional information + in depth stuff on rules, etc will be explained once the thread is posted.

Still a little over a month away from when I intend to make a signup thread, but just thought I'd poke my head in!

Yo, this sounds cool as hell

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

merk posted:

I'm not really very interested in mafia at the moment and am signed up for Thingyman's thing. I can play, but I'd be willing to trade out my spot to someone more willing. The game starts June 10 at 8PM Eastern. Would anyone like to sub in?

Which one's thingyman's thing? I may be interested.

Unless it's video mafia then lolno I haven't the time

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SolusLunes posted:

Which one's thingyman's thing? I may be interested.

Unless it's video mafia then lolno I haven't the time

The Mafia Universe Championships of the Known Universe or something. It's forum stuff.

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014

merk posted:

The Mafia Universe Championships of the Known Universe or something. It's forum stuff.

You would be playing in a game with 16 people from other communities, and you'd be there to represent Something Awful.

Expect at least 600 posts per 24 hours, and you should be able to comfortably meet the minimum posting requirement of 10 posts per game day.

Game starts tomorrow, so not a lot of time left to finalize this.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Is there still a queue to run a game? I have a sudden urge to dive hard back into mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Squiggly posted:

Is there still a queue to run a game? I have a sudden urge to dive hard back into mafia

Yes, just PM Asiina.