Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

QuoProQuid posted:

Donald Trump - Self-Aligned Jester Bomb - self-destructed N1

Donald Trump - Jeb Bush-Aligned Patsy - has achieved his win condition by ensuring a Jeb Bush nomination!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I liked the new money that was before this new money. It was nice and sturdy without being this annoying slippery plastic. I have lost so many 10s and 20s because I'll go to pull something out of my pocket and they'll just slip right out and fly away.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I made pot roast in my slow cooker today and it's so tender that I can't even cut it. I tried to slice it and it just fell apart, it's so drat good.

The gravy is a little spicier than I wanted it to be, but it's still super delicious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I can't wait for the dark gritty future of 20XX when everyone pays in credits stored in tattooed barcodes and implanted microchips.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to point out that American money isn't printed on regular wood pulp paper. It's printed on paper made from cotton fibers.

Also, I'd like to point out that the $2 bill is the best bill.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I'd like to point out that American money isn't printed on regular wood pulp paper. It's printed on paper made from cotton fibers.

Also, I'd like to point out that the $2 bill is the best bill.

jefferson was awful hth

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is the plastic money Australian?

I saw some Australian money a while ago and it was actually pretty drat cool looking. Plus, it was kind of neat that the different denominations were different sizes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

jefferson was awful hth

Maybe, but the back of the $2 bill is still the coolest.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXAKT Science posted:

jefferson was awful hth

replace jefferson on the two dollar bill with john and abigail adams

problem solved

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 10, 2015

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

TMMadman posted:

Is the plastic money Australian?

I saw some Australian money a while ago and it was actually pretty drat cool looking. Plus, it was kind of neat that the different denominations were different sizes.

Yeas. And yeah they're all slightly different sizes, one of the only considerations for blind people we've taken.

They're all different colours too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah our money has braille on it, and the coins are different sizes and all have different edges so you can tell them apart.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 27, 2020

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ecco stop mixing real and fake opinions

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am a font of sincerity always and forever amen.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Whoever said we should change people on our money was right. Those old geezers dont apply to anything anymore. Put new people on there!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
As long as they are all white and male ofc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Applying modern systems of morality to centuries past makes everyone a monster rip

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
replace george washington on the quarter with george washington carver

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

put princess diana on the five dollar bill

EccoRaven posted:

jefferson was actually cool and good. money that is colorful and differently sized is good as well. American currency could use a lot of updating.

jefferson was a jerk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
America should just put animals on all the money.

So besides the Bald Eagle, what are some other unique American Animals?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Lets be honest with ourselves and put bill gates warren buffet the coch bros etc on there

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

America should just put animals on all the money.

So besides the Bald Eagle, what are some other unique American Animals?

The proud turkey

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727286 WIFOA: A Political Mess] - Scum (MMT, yuming, Hal) and Survivor (Grandicap) victory. Hosted by merk.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
America should put Obama on a bill. That would really freak out the entire Republican Party and maybe make them hate money instead of just trying to keep all of it to themselves.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if you're putting the most powerful reflections of america on your notes, make sure you include the NRA 100 dollar bill

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tremendous Taste posted:

Applying modern systems of morality to centuries past makes everyone a monster rip

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

if you're putting the most powerful reflections of america on your notes, make sure you include the NRA 100 dollar bill

How many bills of yours is steve Irwin on?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

None. They replaced it with Stingrays.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

None. We replaced it with Stingrays.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

the man raped his slaves, fam

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Two points:

1.) Our Dollar bills are fine, if you can't handle dollar bills maybe stop being a big whiny baby you baby.

2.) I was planning on running a primary mafia and going to attempt to open it around the first debate, but if someone wants to run it badly I would be happy to either play or comod or just give my notes over and bounce.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
7 Days in Hell is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time, it's amazing

I posted this on Facebook but then I deleted it because I was only 15 minutes in and immediately after posting that there were a bunch of CGI dongs out of nowhere and I'm FB friends with children and try to keep things relatively clean.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

the man raped his slaves, fam

You don't have to tell me rape sucks

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
When I was a kid my dad gave me a $2 bill. I thought it was so cool and I wanted to save it forever! So I deposited it in the bank.

:downs:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

merk posted:

* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727286 WIFOA: A Political Mess] - Scum (MMT, yuming, Hal) and Survivor (Grandicap) victory. Hosted by merk.

this was a fun, if frustrating game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I remember the school book store doing book buybacks maybe 2005 with stacks of 2$ bills they were using for payouts (like if they owed you $44 youd get 2 20s and 2 2s)

Was pretty weird

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You can still get two dollar bills at most banks, you just have to ask for them.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I need to get a new job.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

I need to get a new job.

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

For one, I'm not working in my field. Other than that, it's not engaging and kind of infuriating at times - despite the workplace in general being pretty great.