Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ground floor of an awful thread for awful people

hey! gently caress you!

I'm just mediocre!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Little Mac posted:

Now that Ecco is not op can we be open with how much we hate her?

I heard Ecco killed a man in cold blood

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Don't make it weird!

I was talking to goons in the dota chat while waiting for a game and it's amazing how many people actually legitimately believe that they lose most of the time because matchmaking is biased against them.

EDIT:

:(

dunning-kruger.png

I used to have a friend who played LoL stuck at like Bronze III and when I asked him where he should be ranked he said "at LEAST Gold III"

(Gold in LoL is like 90th percentile of all players)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ya'll forgot to link our Steam group

it's http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SA_WIFOM

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imgay posted:

moba chat is usually super toxic, i tend to stay away from it

we wouldn't want you anyways, you loving noob faillord hope ur mum gets DICK CANCER oh my GOD look at your MAP *pings a spot you can't reach in less than two minutes like a thousand times* I'M BEST SHITHEAD NA AND IF YOU WOULD GROUP UP AASJKAGHDSFGHUIDSGHAS

(my anxiety keeps me from really enjoying MOBAs anymore)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

you haven't, let's tabletop simulator netrunner soon, it looks okay

it is excellent and other than some problems managing Archives for the corp Tabletop Simulator is a great way to netrun

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

netrunner story: I had a friend running against a server with four unrezzed ICE guarding an agenda that would win him the game, but he had no clue what it was and earlier I had bluffed him quite a bit; he eventually won but it was such a delightfully tense nailbiter moment that it cemented the game for us

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dear mafia thread, today a woman told me that this album cover

depicted sinful homoeroticim, and that she, her husband, and her son were scandalized and how can it be legal for Apple to put this filth on my iPad I want to know where in the iTunes Store terms and conditions this is accepta- no I won't let you remove it. The damage is already done. Call me back once you have an excuse for this.

I swear to god someday I'm going to punch Bono

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

there's really nothing stopping me from doing both, when you think about it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There's probably a lot of things stopping you from punching bono

nothing willpower, forgery, and a silenced .22 pistol can't solve

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I know somebody who looked into getting an ADHD diagnosis as an adult and the answer they got from the person qualified to diagnose them was "I don't believe ADHD exists in adults"

what a lovely answer!

Talk to your doctor and ask for a referral to someone who can do the testing. If they say no, find a mental health facility that will.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you the first swear word that comes to mind when I think of you.

I muft know

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

My last game with Ecco she correctly caught me as scum after I flavour claimed in my first post. He then failed to get me lynched, targeted the town doctor, got recruited by the other scum team and night killed.

Skyrim was the best game :allears:

Plus, we got bitched out about it, which was fun for the two of us on the othet scum team.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I really liked Dinklebot. He was just detached enough to sound robotic while still giving a decent performance.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imgay posted:

anyone else play world of warcraft

I'm on Proudmoore Horde with a few knuckleheads from a Facebook group.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Mafia thread I started working out again.

Mafia thread I really dislike working out because I am very lazy.

Me too. It sucks and is bad. But I can burn like 500 calories on the treadmill in an hour, so that's cool

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Votefinder having baked-in support for some new functions would be cool (double votes, thunderdomes, vote restrictions, etc.)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

I was told similar - Rick & Morty didn't appeal to me and I gave up on it after 4 episodes. I haven't bothered with Steven Universe yet because it seems to be the same crowd who said Adventure Time was good - I guess I just don't do enough drugs for that poo poo.

I couldn't really get into Adventure Time but I love Steven Universe. He's such a sweet, weird kid.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

My first game was Beard Mafia with some Serious Mafia Pros

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Hey everyone what was the first game of mafia you modded and how did you completely gently caress it up?

I had a game that was far too large for the few power roles I had, so if windshipper didn't come in and windy it up it would have been completely dead. I also answered a question from a player in the thread that basically mod confirmed him as town, which is why I now have the caveat in my rules that I don't say anything in thread after the game starts.

My first game was pretty bland but I hosed up Mega Man Mafia 3 pretty badly. Like, events made it impossible for scum to effectively win. Really need to start working on the next game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

remember the like twenty million times it's been suggested that we start a new wiki, and ten million times it was suggested so we could avoid these conversations

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

I tried recently. It was beyond my skills and motivation so I ended up making a spreadsheet instead.

We should start thinking about moving away from stone tablets to daubing berry juice on our cave walls.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

yeah but at least almost all of the active players are part of it this time. if a thread split does work to bring back old players/attract new ones it'll be awful.

Wait, so bringing back old players/attracting new ones is awful?

(I hang with you guys in spite of this thread fyi)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

even pages are for mafia chat, odd pages are for buzzfeed chat or indulging whatever poo poo ecco wants to talk about

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EVEN PAGE MAFIA CHAT:

who wants to look over the roles for my next Mega Man game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

We just stopped using AIM this year, and IRC is still very popular. Ecco has infected this community with ludditism

I still use AIM but my buddy list has like three people in it so it's mostly momentum at this point

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hey guys if you remind Mills that you screwed him over in your first-ever Mafia game as a wide-eyed newbie he'll send you a PM about it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

every time I see a video for the Rollie what it produces has that protein-based film at the crown and it makes me gag

I already loving hate eggs but it's just so much worse

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

I am about to go out for dinner. Quote me if you want to be in a simulation of fake mafia with an experimental and hopefully improved suspicion factor development mechanism. Looking for 13.

If you are quoting me for that purpose, also submit a theme for the fake game.

Sounds interesting, I'll go around my normal one-game rule for this.

Theme: LEGO.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon, did I read that you are playing Netrunner? That is neat, we should play on Jinteki.net sometime.

I'm really lovely but I really like it. Some friends and I occasionally play through Tabletop Simulator; I'd rather switch over to Jinteki but one of my friends says it's not so great (easy to misclick and bone yourself). If you add me on Steam or AIM or something we might be able to arrange times.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

I actually just got a coworker into Netrunner, too!

Bought the core set today. Might get him and his girlfriend to play Imperial Assault with me, maybe.

Fun fact: I have taught five people to play Netrunner, and each time I've hosed up the rule where the corp pays for each piece of ICE on the server when installing ICE, only realizing my mistake when I have like 12 ICE on the table and 20-odd credits. I am a dummy.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Aw, gently caress. David Bowie. I'm gonna cry a little.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

ive been told he was problematic

yeah this is going around tumblr a lot lately with people stating he was a pedophile/rapist and when you ask for proof they link to a tumblr post... that links to an interview with a famous groupie who supposedly lost her virginity to him at 13 at like, the height of his fame in the 70s, but she's also supposedly lost her virginity to Angie and David at the same time or some other rock stars depending on who you talk to? It's getting kinda frustrating because one of my friends is doing this and I asked her for proof (she also seems to think he was a terrible racist), refuted it, and am now getting radio silence from her?

it is... Irritating

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

David bowie the famous racist married to Iman.

yeah with his half-Jewish brother and and songs about anti-imperialism and anti-fascism

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

My name isn't hiipfire, it's mr. capps.

I don't care who you are, update yr ding dang game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I forgot to mention that like two weeks ago I had a dream and Ecco was in it. I was eating tacos at a really great Mexican resturant/coffee shop and Ecco called me from a cell phone while sitting in a VW Beetle right outside the door. I was like "Ecco come have tacos I saved you a seat!" But Ecco kept arguing with me about some inane poo poo about bears so I was like "okay fine I guess we're not going on a date" and walked away all sad and dejected.

Thought you should know.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Today I played One Night Ultimate Werewolf with friends and thought of all of you

How are you, friends (and shitters)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hey, who's maintaining Votefinder nowadays? I'm now a CS student in need of some code to review and I'd appreciate being able to look over the source. (also if it's not working or some new features need added up maybe I could do that??? idk my dudes)

also hello, I still cherish all of you and think about mafia on the semi-regular someday I will play again

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

the fuckin' instant invite link in the second post is broken who do I have to blow* to get an invite

(* nobody will receive oral sex)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I am probably going to run Mega Man Mafia 2(4) sometime soonish

I thought I was cured of mafia but as it turns out it was just growing ever stronger