Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina had an incredible 3p win. Solo survivor with a bunch of manipulative abilities Iike sending anonymous messages and turning people into lynchbombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One flew over the cuckoos nest.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Allen Wren posted:

Payday 2 Mafia has ended in a -----------------------------scum victory.

Note to self: don't do that again.

The roles you made and how you did the flavour was very cool, you seem like a good mod and the town just did poorly that game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think Snowpiercer is just a good movie.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jon joe posted:

By the way, quote this post and I'll tell you what color your unicorn horn would be.

For actual content, I was brought in when jakep posted hots mafia in the hots thread. If anyone here is a thread regular in another games/movie thread we could easily post a link in said thread to lure people in. I've been trying to work out a mad Max game that I could post in that thread, and I could probably think up WoW mafia to post in that subforum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DCSS Crawl sounds fun. Would each player be Race Background of God, and each scum be a monster (who can fakeclaim as an adventurer)?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

uranus posted:

i dont know what soldier game is so i shouldnt vote

Yeah what are soldier games? I just voted because I like DCSS.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've been perpetually in at least two games since hotsfia. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Paranorman is an extremely good animated movie by the same studio that produced Coraline. Go watch it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I actually really liked the Wheel of Time series and still like it a lot, even if it drags quite a lot towards the middle of the series.

Other books I really liked:

Pretty much anything Discworld (of course).

The Abhorsen series by Garth Nix.

The Book of Joby.

Dan Simmons' Hyperion/Endymion series.

The Passage

and a whole lot of other books that are failing to come to mind.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Black jelly beans are Cool and Good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Those are quite some views. :stare:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen strategising did a lot for us in that game. He's good at scheming, even if he's not so good at knowing when to stop.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

to be fair, the two NKs can become one or even zero if the holders get lynched/vigged.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He was caught trying to coordinate multiple times with scum while he was dead after being told not to. If the game is as unfair as you say, that makes it even worse because it's not like his strategising was even needed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I even like Lumpen too, he was fun to scheme with and a good player but he Done hosed Up.

(sorry can't edit because the edit button is invisible while I'm at work. I have to view source to even reply)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd say the edit was more of a gray zone because someone had been told earlier that editing within the ninja period was fine, by Ecco herself I believe. FV just didn't realise that extended to actions, and Ecco was only going to give a slap on the wrist in the scumdoc until Lumpen pissed her off enough to change that to a modkill.

I wasn't shameful though. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ecco didn't misflip you, you were flipped correctly. We passed the lock to you, which is what hosed up my claim (even though it didn't matter at that point)

Ecco misflipped FV as assassin instead of vanilla.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly though it was a great game which had one minor stain that I still enjoyed very much.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I thought passing just worked regardless. :shrug:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

okay lumpen are you really going to start bitching about this in another game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All games are good for newbies. :getin:

Speaking of friendlier things, what was everyone's first game? I was in HotS Mafia which was amusing because it had about five millers (but no cops) and two different masonries one of which had a recruiter and the other was just two confirmed mason bros.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ecco games are interesting and if imbalance is the cost of interesting setups, then I don't mind that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My first modded game is Coming Soon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I'm thinking of modding my first game. Anyone around who wants to review my setup?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Don't worry about it. Also thanks Mithross for your suggestions!

Written everything up, I'll post the OP when I'm a bit more free. I would do it now, but there's an ecco game opening tomorrow!

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 9, 2015

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Complimentary awards can be fine as long as they're objectively provable. "Earliest successful scumread", or "Most scum correctly identified in one mass read"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay I've started a Fury Road Mafia thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

I've also posted a link to it in the Fury Road thread, so maybe that'll get some new Mafia recruits.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Disregard this.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

I'm regarding it.

:( but I said not to!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mad Mafia: Fury Road still needs six more people. Role PMs are all already written up, so I can send them out and start the game as soon as I have 16 signups.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes posted:

Mad Mafia: Fury Road still needs six more people. Role PMs are all already written up, so I can send them out and start the game as soon as I have 16 signups.

Turns out I miscounted and it was actually seven BUT NOW IT'S FOUR.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I did not know that thread existed, so I've posted there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

i just watched mad max fury road.

it was mediocre

this is an incorrect opinion

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And the Mad Max game begins. Let's see how quickly the newbies get scared off.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

merk posted:

Does this mad max game still need people? Link?

It's full up (and nearly at the end of day 1), but I can put you in the replacement list if you'd like.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm a fan of Poets of the Fall myself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Remedy (Alan Wake's developers) were actually responsible for PotF forming in the first place! Marko Saaresto was a good friend of one of the developers and the dev asked him to do a song for Max Payne 2 based on a poem he wrote. Marko got some guys together and made Late Goodbye and they enjoyed playing together enough that they decided to keep doing it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BottleKnight posted:

Lol I like how you list Remedy as the Alan Wake devs, as if that is their most famous work.

It was more that the person I was responding to mentioned Alan Wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Remedy more associated with Alan Wake to me because I played it first then went back to Max Payne.