Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi friends how is Mafia going? I had to skip 31,000 posts( thats the actual number wtf) to get to the end of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ok I'm going to back and read all those posts. Ill see you guys next month.

Edit: Also Hi Keane! I'm still your number 1 fan!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

too bad your posts are number 2!

:eyepop:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

the only final fantasy i like is FF tactics. or tactics advance

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKD-MVfC9Ag

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Manga is too hard. I cant read backwards

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kashuno posted:

explains your CCKEANE av

1v1 me at baron bro

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

today is two holidays

the first is national free pancake day. go to your local ihop and get a totally free short stack of pancakes.

the second is something about broads idk

I think you are supposed to peg your boyfriend or something today

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I thought it was called breakfast because in the olden times the slaves would work all day and all night and once in a while they got a break but it was only like 4 minutes so they had to be quick and eat what they could like seeds in a bowl(cereal) or milk(milk) or chicken rocks(eggs). So all the slaves just started calling it breakfast because they have to make their one break a fast one. Then the old white dudes caught on and were like," oh man that seems like a good idea, let us participate in this fast eating." but then they didn't like eating that fast and were like, "what are we in a rush for lets just take our time!" so they slowed down and sat a tables and poured mimosas and ate eggs benedict and it turned into the breakfast we know today.

If you want to know more or any other fun historical facts im a cornucopia of knowledge

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Tell me some facts about the following historical events:

-1968 democratic convention
-The sinking of the Lusitania
-How the moscow mule was invented

Alrighty here it goes,

In the year 1967, good ol' LBJ was running the show and his good buddies mccormack and mansfield had his back in congress so he was getting poo poo done. hardcore. Then 1968 rolls around and people start flipping the gently caress out because LBJ wouldn't listen to all the hippies and yuppies and puppies and so they started making their signs and egging houses and throwing red paint on ladies, you know, the usual stuff. People really didn't like him, and LBJ didn't give a gently caress because he wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place. So the democrats get together in illinois and they are trying to decide whos turn is next for president, and somebody throws out the name hubert and they decide that was good enough, besides there are like 5000 people outside rioting so lets just pick this dude hubert and go. As all the democrats are leaving their convention, they are immediately attacked by crowds of wild yippies and hippies throwing marijuanas and knives at them. A few people died, nobody really important, but the democrats were so badly embarassed and emotionally damaged that they were unprepared for the election that year and lost to dick nixon. This would last for about 8 years until good ol Jimmy kicked them in their butts and they got their act together. That's about all i know about this, I wasnt born yet in 1968.

The sinking of the Lusitania will have to wait till after lunch, as well as moscow mules(im excited about this one)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Alright here we go,
Most people don't know the true story behind dear old lusitania. Most people know about her sister, the infinitely more popular and beautiful Mauretania, but they dont know about the intense rivalry behind the mighty sea vessels. An old dude from Austria named matthias something or other came over to America on a boat but it was real lovely and he had a very bad trip. It was like, real real lovely. So he was inspired and wanted to build a better sea vessel, one that could traverse the atlantic and would do it in comfort and, more importantly, style. So he begins reading everything he can get his little dirty austrian hands on about boats and came up with a design for a fantastic piece of machinery. Usually boats are named after they are built, but he wrote a little footnote at the bottom of the drawing and it said " lusi tania" after his high school sweetheart who died tragically in a grease fire. Her name was Lusi Tania and her parents were those weird loving people who insist on naming their kids something pretty common but with *WACKY SPELLING* so you end up with Bryttny and Jaydyn and Kaytlen and loving Lusi instead of Lucy. Anyway, ol' Matty wrote that on the bottom because he was a giant goon and couldn't let things go, like the goddamn boat journey that turned him into a boatsmith.
So anyway, Matty goes out to celebrate finishing his design and is bragging to everyone in the pub that he is going to build the best ship this place has every seen, yadda yadda. Well little did he know, american billionaire busineses mogul J.P Morgan's errand boy, Paul, was eavesdropping and relayed this information back to JP himself. JP gets the bright idea to get into this luxury ocean liner business and make loads of dough, so he starts his own company and begins buying out all these other smaller companys, including some british ones. JP then sends Paul out to find this Matthias fellow and offer him a deal for his plans. Paul finds Matthias' house and knocks on the cardboard door and hands Matthias a check for $100 ( thats US dollars) Matthias says "whats this for?" and Paul says, "its to let me talk and you listen for the next 5 minutes" So he explains whats going on and says they want to buy his plans but Matthias is a goon so he scoffs at this corporate lackey and his rude propositions. Paul comes back every day for a week, each time giving him a hundo bucks and each time getting denied. On the seventh day, Paul shows up and the door is ajar so he cautiously steps into the hovel. Low and behold, Matthias is deader than a doorknob in the middle of the floor. You can guess where the rest of this goes. JP gets the plans and is maniaclly rubbing his hands together thinking of all the money hes going to be swimming in, but theres still this one company, Cunard, who wont take his offer and is refusing to be bought out. So JP decides to sweeten the deal in order to get a monopoly and win. He says to Cunard, " ive got some pretty sweet plans here for a ship. yeah, its uh called the uh Lusitania." and Cunard says" we want two ships" so JP has Paul copy the plans onto another sheet of paper(it turns out that he was brililant and made the ship even better by transcribing it) and writes Mauretania in memory of his dead uncle Maureen. JP says" Okay we got two ships for you, let me buy your company now" and Cunard agrees but says" First give us the plans" and JP was still pretty young and inexperienced and didn't realize that Cunard would totally bone him so he gave over the plans and Cunard ends up backing out of the deal and getting help from the british government and they build these two ships.
JP was NOT having any of this. He calls up his buddy Kaiser Wilhelm and filled him in on what was going on. Now, the Germans basically hated everyone at this point so he had no problem doing JP a favor and killing some stupid brits. JP throws him some piles of cash under the table, and wilhelm manages to get some of his badass u-boats to take that fucker out. He didn't anticipate that people would get so mad over one little ship, so he ended up cancelling the hit on Mauretania in hopes to avoid war but we all know how that turned out.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I was bored and started watching 'The 100' last night around 11:30pm. At 1:30am, I said to myself, 'I should go to bed after this episode is done.' I didn't get into bed until after 4am.

I was bored because my computer was updating to windows 10, even though I didn't really want to update.

The 100 is cool and fun. I think i've seen mafia people posting in the 100 thread on TVIV but I'm not sure.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Asiina posted:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about fight scenes.

Don't watch daredevil

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Speaking of coffee, here's a story about how a drink called Moscow Mule came to be:

It was the year 1850ish AD, somewhere near the Latvian-Russian border, 200 miles outside of a city called Moscow.
Oksana Smirnoff lived with her lovely dad, Pyotr on a farm in a rural village. Oksana had a lot of free time seeing as she was an only child and her dad was a drunk and a thief. So one day little Oksana decides to get a little crazy while her dad is out plowing the cows or whatever it is farmers do. You see, Pyotr had a little side hobby of sticking some potatoes into a big pot and letting them ferment and get all nasty, then sucking some sort of water out of them that tastes funny and makes you dizzy. Oksana liked the feeling of drinking the dizzy water, but didn't care for the taste too much so she wouldn't really partake. Plus her dad said that she would be sold to the gypsys if she ever stole any so she was pretty terrified. Well now that she was almost 30 it was time to be a grown up and stand up to dad.
So Oksana got some dizzy water and some of her own copper cups from her room, and looked around the kitchen and the farm for things to add in. They had some mint growing outside near the porch, and she used the last of their ginger and ground it all up and mixed it with the dizzy water and BAM. Oksana had unknowingly created one of the most tastey beverages in history.
Now as the story goes, Pyotr came home from working the fields all day and found his beautiful baby daughter sleeping in the pig sty, copper mug still in hand. Well one sniff of that copper mug is all it took for Pyotr to put Oksana on the first train to Riga. Oksana was devastated for betraying her father, and disappeared after many years in seclusion.

Stayed tuned for part 2: How Oksana got her booze back.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

How are you, thread? Music school is kicking my rear end and I met my soulmate yesterday and she moved in right away. She's the cutest here is a picture http://imgur.com/iAXZv7p

:dogbutton:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprime/hbogo ??????

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Oksana: The Mule Strikes Back

The year is 1942, europe is in a shitstorm, well the shitstorms of all shitstorms, and Pyotr Dickless Smirnoff is dead and gone, his fortune and company being passed on to his bastard son, Viktor. Meanwhile, in the bronx, new york, usa, there was a small asian community that was called like little chinatown or something similar. There was a bar in little chinatown that was called Паб Питера run by an old russian woman about 4 feet tall whose face looked like a wrinkly puppy, who would answer to the name Oksana.
One day a young man named Lyndon walked in all depressed and sat himself down at the bar. there were only a few patrons at that time of day so Oksana waddled over to him and asked him what he wanted. He said, "man im fuckin parched i could use a tasty tasty beverage." so Oksana knew just what to give him, she got some vodka out, mixed it in ice with some mint and ginger beer(she discovered the carbonation adds a necessary element to the drink) and poured it in a copper mug. Lyndon took a sip and to her disappointment he had a confused look on his face. " what is this called?" he said to her, and she replied " Oh i just call it a Dizzy Fizz" and hes like thats an awful fuckin name, and this drink would be better with some lime in it. So he squeezed some lime in it and oksana took a sip and the old lady had a goddamn heartattack right there because it was so good. they called 911 and she got taken to the doctor but it was fuckin 1942 so theres not much they could do, plus she was like 100 years old. so Lyndon follows her to the hospital and sits with her as she is dying, still sipping his drink the whole time, and he says" im so sorry i didnt mean to kill you" and her last dying words were " it kicks like mule.." and she died.
So lyndon takes the recipe for this fabulous drink, and he pitches it to this fellow named Paul who apparently has some big time big money connections, and wants to sell this drink at all of his bars around new york. So they make a deal and lyndon is granted free drinks at their establishments for life and they would help him run for president in the future, and they get the recipe. They let lyndon name it and he decides to name it after the old broad, the drinks virgin kill. All he knew is that she was russian and her last words so he decided to name it the Russian Kicker, he pitched that idea and Paul's guy said it was extremely racist and sends the wrong message. So lyndon goes back to the drawing board and comes up with the actual name, the Moscow Mule, and it was an instant success.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Spider man actually looks really cool and his voice and delivery of that line in the trailer are perfect imo.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Yep we are talking about spider man.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Asiina posted:

No, I don't think it's just lovely versions of it, it's just the concept itself. I've had it multiple times because people keep saying "oh no you must have had it somewhere terrible, come to THIS place it's the best" and nope, it tastes exactly like the same disgusting poo poo.
:agreed:
Boba sucks

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I drink Monster energy drinks exclusively. screw water

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If you arent ordering a steak rare or medium-rare you are dead to me

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i went to Joshua Tree National Park this weekend and backpacked/camped and climbed a big mountain. it was very enjoyable. but now i am sore. like ecco

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i like totoro

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dead space is too scary for me. cant even get past the opening cutscene sorry

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

ship game looks really fun, i would play it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

so I was playing league all night and Im not even level 30...about to hit 29...and was playing draft pick and I got matched with challengers...I was like wtf.

I went 0-12 and they were yelling at me the whole time. I just kept telling them I was learning soooo much from watching them play. Then I got a double kill and the other team surrendered as the chat was filled with everyone spamming LOL

Their annie literally one shot me with the bear

I play a lot of league and would play anytime. Hit me up, summoner name is Roba

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

Some games I go 21-7. Some I go 2-9

This will never change

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

just unlocked Vi

I'm thinking people are dodging games because I pick Warwick.

Time to learn a new jungle champion

Punch first, ask questions while punching!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

BRB changing my name to mobatrocity

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

my biggest pain is people talking about MOBAs and I have never played one or indeed even know much at all about them. I don't even know what moba stands for. massive online... b....buddy? adventure? that can't be right because that sounds amazing and everything this thread has said makes me think mobas are terrible.

Massive Ol' Butt Arm

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I shaved my legs in the shower the other day and drat I didn't realize how long that poo poo takes

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Luckily i live about an hour away from the Mexican border so my tortillas are always fresh and always cheap$$$

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope the american wizards have a donald trump equivalent

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I bet American wizards would be able to cast spells easier, because Americans don't have accents.

I bet american wizards are a hell of a lot more violent, because Americans.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The ending was very satisfying and in general I really appreciated the 7th book, except for the incredibly tacky epilogue. I think someone told me once it was forced on her by the publisher or something like that and I prefer to believe that's the case than accept she actually thought it was a good idea and well-done.

I ripped out those pages

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Asiina posted:

It's actually the opposite, in that she had it written way way back when she wrote the very first book, and it shows because her writing improved considerably throughout the series, and so to jump back to that quality ends up reading like lovely fanfiction.
So nobody thought to tell her this?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

your avatar...it changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I just turned the oven on so i can throw a pizza inside of it then eat it