Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm a pillar of this community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I haven't played Gone Home or Sunless Sea but I will say that Stanley Parable isn't a game,

Do you think it's art though?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

The best art was that guy who could fart on command.

fart apps are definitely art

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I challenge you to post sincere opinions

I am going to beat you up unless you play gone home.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

In many senses that is true

This is my favourite rhetorical move.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Donald Trump, for the purposes of my entertainment, is the best candidate for POTUS ever

I meant adding "In a sense" in front of a false statement, possibly accompanied with a "aren't we all?"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In a sense, isn't the fourth of july already no longer an american holiday? Aren't we all always waging the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

is that like 'people say' or 'some believe'

No, "some believe" is farting in the elevator and blaming it on someone else. It's a cowardly way to play devil's advocate or say something incendiary without getting your hands dirty that doesn't fool anyone.

"In a sense" is a cheap and easy way to look thoughtful and erudite while saying the most meaningless and idiotic poo poo.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

viewed in a certain light,

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

what is the best show on earth. i would like anew show but i only watch the best show ever made

it's Friday Night Lights.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, yes, skipping S2, obviously. S1-S3-S4-S5 is perfect (and there's a complete unspoken reset on S2 at the beginning of S3 - all the characters age back a year, new characters disappear without a trace, nobody every speaks of it again.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Someone made a new graph and people argued about where they should be placed in the last thread. It was something awful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I got behind in the discussion thread and it just kept blowing out and eventually I had 4000 posts to catch up and just couldn't be bothered. Hi Ixt!!

Oh man it's almost as if having a new thread is less intimidating for people to post in.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

flattered pin, ty.

It's Rarity's chart!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I am going to make a chart of mafia players.

It will just be an arrangement of dots on the shape of a phallus.

Mills is the tip.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

charts bad, the axes don't even have anything to do with mafia, and aren't even equal things. Emotional play is a hindrance to good mafia play, whereas intellectual thinking is absolutely a stronger trait to have in a well rounded mafia game. Positive and Negative have nothing to do with mafia ability at all, and is just a weird thing to rate, especially since it is irrelevant.

At least the old chart was kind of fun, Raritys chart is pretty insulting imho

You can make your own chart!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

would you be more comfortable if "intellectual" were relabelled "beep boop logic bot"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

That's a perceptive point, made without judgment.

:q:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

the mad men

i think we may have not watched the same show

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's the definitive list of Joss Whedon shows, in order from best to worst.

Dollhouse
Buffy
Angel
Firefly

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

instead of chart we should each have tradihng cards with our stats

rar made one for everybody but you
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705984&userid=168632

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

HiipFire posted:

im perfectly okay with my spot thx

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Angel is a lot more consistent than Buffy but it never has quite the level of thematic ambition or emotional force Buffy has, barring some of the Illyria stuff. It gets trapped in the gritty=good trap a lot.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quick get in betrayer s super CYOR before sign ups close

i missed it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm a ravenclaw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Trip is a Gryffindor.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

In other JK Rowling after-the-fact improvements I like that she clarified a muggle with a gun could ice a wizard no problem lol

The author is dead op.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Unless and until someone pops a cap in a wizard in the Harry's Parents prequel, it's not canon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BANQUE DE MERK

el

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

Purity Ring - heartsigh

wistful? wistful probably.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Isn't Keane running primary mafia?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I physically recoil whenever I'm handed a dollar bill. Hiip was right.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I was killed in my very first SA (and first ever) Mafia game today. But at least it was a NK on N4, so I'll just assume that the scum were scared of me.

Someone hold me.

It was great to play with you, I hope you play again!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

2.) I was planning on running a primary mafia and going to attempt to open it around the first debate, but if someone wants to run it badly I would be happy to either play or comod or just give my notes over and bounce.

I'm just going to request that nobody open a primary mafia game ~for now~ ~for reasons~ tia.

(I'm not looking to run one, I just don't want one to happen rn.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I know you both called it an were into it, would the early August plan work for you?

I will give you special consideration because I am a real sweetheart like that lovable tramp Trump.

Probably? I will Be In Touch.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Australia is home to a man who eats onions like they're apples.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Also if you guys love musical theatre and aren't homophobic (hopefully nobody in our lovely community!)
I've got bad news about Asiina,

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think that's just people you have a crush on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm glad you two are friends again

What did you mean re: "bigot" in that post ec?