Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god I can't escape tipchat no matter which discussion thread I'm in.

Always tip at least $1 for a bartender handing you a drink. Don't be a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Kash is just mad about tips because the last time he got laid the other person was all "oh babe you don't have to use just the tip!"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I am working :(

But it's from home at least. :) Watching progress bars fill is boring as hell

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Trip report: The Genius s2 starts off pretty bad compared to s1, but wow it sure has picked up near the end - I think I'm at final 5 or final 4? The most recent challenge was the Office Food Chain one.

gently caress Jiwon tho.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also if Sangmin actually pulls off a win (which is looking more and more likely with his immortality token) it will be an absolute sham.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone explain to me what popcon is.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Start screaming uncontrollably.

This implies he isn't already

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Redwall books are fantastic in general from a YA perspective and anyone who talks poo poo on them is a filthy vermin hth

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I had a medium rare burger recently when a waiter mixed up our beef preferences. It was watery, flavorless and gross. I order all steaks and burgers medium well and you can't stop me! No red meat.

Like normally I'd be all up in your grill but I order my burgers medium these days because I've had some really garbage undercooked burgs and its not cool. But ordering steaks medium well is SUPER hosed UP and you're a bad person.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: STEAKCHAT :siren:

IMO the best steak ever is a porterhouse, cooked medium rare. Nothing compares.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

The best thing about my taste preference is that 1) I'm not a food snob and 2) I can enjoy every steak or burger I have because I love the taste of charred beef.

:siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Skirt steak is my favorite steak if cooked right. Tender, seasoned and well done.

A well-marinated and tenderized skirt steak sliced thin is masterful.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

You really shouldn't get in her grill or she'll turn up the heat on you.

i made this joke already on this very page you scumbo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Nobody cares what you say. :colbert:

rude :smith:

edit: the worst snipe

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Homonyms are moore fun then puns imo

something something of course you like homos :jerkbag:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I fell over and crushed it beneath my body and an overfilled 65l rucksack :smith:

How does a rucksack hold 65 liters????

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

And it's the only reasonable way for me to see my mom, so it sucks.

Same, except the entirety of my family. And my wife hates flying.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

Opinions re: everything,

Poetry good. I've been way into slam poetry recently. Theater even better.

Ecco is the only person itt with a correct opinion on Shawshank redemption.

It's payday today and I'm officially debt free. Eating nothing but beans for the past few months sure paid off!!~

Congrats on temporarily escaping one of life's greatest burdens!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

i've also discovered that i'm better at video games with a alcoholic buzz

same, but everything about life in general.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

The biggest thing I have to do for Genius 2 is watch the real genius seasons 3 and 4 so I can pick out some interesting games that weren't completely broken that people may want to play.

I am actually actively working on it now, so that's something. I think I'm putting a tentative launch date for January, since it will take a while and I don't want it to overlap with Christmas. It's only going to be twice a week, with the in between days I'll be posting "episodes" which detail everything that happened in the previous main match or death match, so with about a dozen people that's gonna be a few months. I'd like to have a shorter timeline, but honestly I can't afford to spend 5 hours a day every single day working on the game.

Please use the game from Season 3 Episode 2. It's an adaptation of the IRL game The Resistance that I found really fun, and without spoiling things I think the online format actually suits the game a little bit better than the IRL format did.

I'm watching my way through the show still (on s3e2), and will probably bingewatch it over the holidays. If you want some help with running things for the next thread, I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring - I really enjoyed reading the first one!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Do not underestimate the sheer stress relief value of downtime. I've really suffered from not giving myself enough unstructured "me" time to do whatever I want this last year, and it shows.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

/desc

From last night's D&D game! Boring!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

chickencheese is very good

oh my god this is the worst, i was going to re-link the goldmined thread so people could understand why this is, but of course the database is down :negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

ok for my erlang mafia simulator i have figured out how to get it to generate me a list of ?GAMESIZE (currently set to 13) players, randomly assign town/scum, and give the starting attributes for all players: suspicion, stubborn, engagement.

I'm still a long way off from getting it to do anything, but baby steps. Quote this post if you're not already on the list and want to be in the players pool.

Magnus Gallant
Captain Foo
Kashuno
TMMadman
LUTR
EccoRaven
CCKeane
diqnol
Pinterest Mom
Bottleknight
Rarity
DuckHuntDog
bowmore
Birdstrike
100YrsofAttitude
Allen Wren
Tremendous Taste
Authorman
busb
King Burgundy
Little Mac
Poison Mushroom

also let me know if you want to be taken off the list for some reason

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Hi poor friend. The economy is supposedly good but my wallet is not :(

I don't know what your resume and cover letter looks light but I would really recommend the Resume to Interviews service that is advertised in banners here on SA. I used them when I finished my teaching credential and I got a LOT of interviews, and while my teaching history is pretty decent for my age I fully believe that the presentation and work they did to make my resume boss was part of why I got so many of said interviews. It's like $150 for the base package and I think another $25-50 for the cover letter template, and they work with you every step of the way. If you can swing it, it's the best service I've paid for, hands down.

FYI that service was sold to another person a little while back and they got run out of SA-Mart for not being transparent about that alongside declining quality of service. Not sure if they've made a new thread since.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Just switched desks and am now officially the sys admin for my company :toot:

You got a raise to go along with your increased responsibilities, right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Oh yes lol I didn't skip on that. It's not quite what I had been hopin for, but considering I've been with the company less than a year, have no prior IT experience before this job, and only an associates degree and 1 cert, I'll take it

good. stack that paper

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I thought about getting into IT. I still think about it sometime. What do you think of the field Kashuno?

speaking as someone who is also an it "professional," it very much depends on the size of the company you work for. Kash is apparently a one-man IT team, and I'm one (very loud) cog in a large corporate IT machine

I've had a very stressful last couple of weeks because of my current Big Project, but the neat thing is that the thing I'm putting into place is absolutely going to make people's lives better around the world. That's a really neat feeling :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
THAT BEING SAID, a depressingly large amount of what I do just comes down to having very strong interpersonal communication (aka email writing) and critical thinking skills. Very little actual "technical" knowledge applies to what I do on a daily basis.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even care if triple post combos are acceptable in the mafia chat thread, I'm drunk as gently caress. Ask me anything.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This sounds very very good to me. I'm willing to learn anything, but setting stuff up for people sounds much more my speed than, say, writing code for databases and revamping stylesheets.

Yeah, based on my experience in corporate IT, there are definitely opportunities to be sort of the middleman between the actual technical folks and the clueless business partners. That's what I do!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

do you have stairs in your house?

Yes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Professional secret: If you are marginally competent technically but capable of saying "Hey alright let's all calm down" in an email you are a corporate god.

Pretty much exactly this, yes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Mafia thread I had bowling playoffs today.

Mafia thread people really want to teach me how to bowl.

The secret is to flex your calves as you hurl yourself down the lane - it'll help you keep enough momentum to knock down all the pins at the end.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I was much less good at handling my autism and pretending to be a well adjusted human being.

Same, except now also.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Meinberg, you should check your PMs - your turn finally came up in the BTech LP thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3383329

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
holy jesus the genius s3 was the best season thus far bar none.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I went too hard on lunges at the gym and seriously hosed up my knee tonight :(

Exercise injuries are the worst and knees are super drat touchy (joints in general) - ice/heat that sucker up and give it time to recover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Lurkers are the worst.