Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

We've already moved on to Boxing Day in Australia, so now's a good time to point out my JoJo Mafia needs 3 more players.

It's mostly Auspol players, but others are welcome and the days will start off long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

JoJo Mafia Part 3 - Fakeclaim Crusaders has just finished! Come for the gifs, stay for the insane mod spreadsheet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

My formative non-Auspol Mafia experiences involved Harold Krell, so yes that scarred me for life.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

MG3 posted:

Harold krell is a treasure

Well he did provide an entertaining start to Taste's megagame, that's for sure. But sharing a scumdoc with him was not fun.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Half of my American family lives in Ohio. Tommunist, if you go there you must get Esther Price chocolates.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Mills posted:

How do you abbreviate Mills?

Mozza

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

hmmm I haven't looked at the Mafia thread lately, where'd I leave off, should I just skip to the recent posts

got some chores tonight posted:

mussorgsky - pictures at an exhibition

oh wait, no let's read this they were talking classical music, good stuff, I remember this one from youth orchestra it was great

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Somberbrero posted:

i finally hit a wall in fall of year 2. i made my million and i have to get married if i want a good evaluation from grandpa, but the more i learn about these video game boys the more conflicted i am about who to choose, because i have hosed up brains in my head.

Do you really have to get married to get the best evaluation? In my last playthrough I got the best reward even though I went the Joja route, and I'm pretty sure scrapping the community centre would've cost me a comparable amount of points to you never getting married. If you made a million you should be most of the way there.

Not sure how spoiled you are or want to be, but if you complete the community centre that's obviously good for some points.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

GulagDolls posted:

pls run ff4 and ff5 as fast as possible so we can get to the GOOD games

I am going to vig you with a spoon

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

10 was all right. Don't know about the ones after that, though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Infinitum posted:

I'm actually opening 20 games tomorrow.

1 player per game

Everyones a winner

Pre-sign me for all of em

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

I always liked my JoJo version of a daycop:

quote:

You are... D'Arby the Player!

Alignment: DIO-aligned (town)
Stand: ATUM

Terence T. D'Arby is the much younger brother of Daniel J. D'Arby, the gambler. Like his brother, he also likes to steal souls through wagers. But the real power of his Stand is the ability to read the intentions of a soul.

Ability: SOUL INTERROGATION
D'Arby will ask his opponents many yes/no questions during a challenge. While this appears like rhetorical thinking out loud, he's actually prompting an inner reaction from the soul, which he can read even if the person never says an answer.

This ability works like a daycop. You don't receive the result until night, but you must give a prompt in-thread for the action to be valid. No bold or hashtags, you simply must say in a post, "(insert name here), are you scum?" Then quote your own post to me in a PM to confirm this as a day action.

As town, your win condition is to eliminate all Joestar-aligned players.

He ended up getting lynched since people just didn't believe the claim.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

My other favorite role is the other D'Arby

quote:

You are... D'Arby the Gambler!

Alignment: DIO-aligned (town)
Stand: OSIRIS

Congratulations, you got the most loving complicated role in the whole game! Please fire away with questions if this makes no sense. Daniel J. D'Arby is a gambling pro, who prefers to fight with his wits.

Ability 1: THE HUSTLE
D'Arby has a smooth demeanor and looks at first like a perfectly ordinary gambler instead of a Stand user. This will give him a chance to get his game started. For D1 only, you will be lynchproof. For N1 only, you will be bulletproof. After that, you're on your own.

Ability 2: SOUL GAMBLING
Once per night, you may pick a person to challenge to a wager. If your action is successful, they will be bound to give up their soul to you if they lose. The wager will take place over the following day. When deadline or hammer hits, the winner will be decided. If they lost the wager, they will be treated as a dead player, forbidden to post or act. But there will be no flip for them yet. If they won the wager, they will be told which souls you possess, and can choose to set one free so they come back to life.

If they win when you haven't got any souls saved up, you will be honor-bound to give up knowledge instead. They will be told (by mod PM) the nature of your Stand, you will be identified to them as the one who used it on them, and you will become Hated. (requires one less vote to be lynched) This hated status stacks if it happens multiple times.

If you die, all of the souls you have claimed will die for real, and have their flips posted.

As town, your win condition is to eliminate all Joestar-aligned players.

==============//==============

Hang on, I never mentioned what the wager is, now did I? Well, how about betting on a race? Except your "horses" will be players in the game. It's...

THE LURKER RACES!

When submitting your action, choose a target but also choose your "horses" from among the 4 players with the lowest postcounts. Make a 1st choice, 2nd choice, and 3rd choice. You will get first pick, the extra choices are just in case something crazy happens and they all die or something. Your oppponent's horse will be assigned at random from whoever remains. You will each be notified when the thread opens in the morning of who has which horse. (you will only be identified as the "opponent")

The winner is whoever's horse racked up the most posts during that game day. Feel free to try and influence this outcome however you feel you can. That's all part of the game!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Kashuno posted:

Having now seen all the jojos anime seasons Bif I am DYING for DU mafia. Idk how you could make Bite The Dust work but just cut it if you need to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Even if I had it all set up today, I probably would have to wait for the holidays again to have time to run it.

Maybe I would have to cut Bites the Dust but I hope I can pay tribute to it in at least some way. And Kira has to be in the game this time instead of an NPC cause come on, he is literally a serial killer trying to go unnoticed in the town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm only up to the part where the police shoot jonathan

good times

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Infinitum posted:

The Last Bastion has ended in a Town Victory! But they shot The Cure.. so technically they lost!

Needs work

They won by double-losing!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDefNSe722k

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Asiina posted:

This is what happens when you let people choose their own flavour.

Everyone's a smartass.

I am not being a smartass, I am being very earnest and straightforward with choosing a quality NES cartridge

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

this is a stickup posted:

perhaps you should sign up and do the thing

who says I didn't?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

yes, everyone pick the shittiest games possible for GBA Mafia so I am free to pick Mother 3 unopposed

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Mithross posted:

Yes... unopposed...

we must have a rl thunderdome unless you can point out some other good GBA games, I never actually owned one

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Mithross posted:

There's the mother 1 and 2 combo cartridge! Also Atlus released several decent to very good games on it.

well then, I'll just choose this instead since in some ways I like Earthbound even more than Mother 3, and the whole trilogy can be represented!

I'm glad this could be settled without violence.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

this is a stickup posted:

I choose,

mother 3

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

I will have vengeance for Buzz Buzz

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Birb is so bored he is talking to himself

you should help by starting your NES game earlier

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

but note that our politicians have poo poo up the rollout of the NBN so hard that our prime minister is rightfully drawn with a tin can on a string for a hat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

oh lol I just noticed even the microphones in that one are more tin cans

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

oh yeah, Stickup you were wondering what the other action was on you N2? That was me shooting off my vig. I didn't want to kill anyone after all the free-lynching so thought I'd test out your deathproof stack.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

PMush Perfect posted:

None of us played it, and certainly none of us spent a couple months obsessed with it.

yeah same, I spent way longer than just a couple

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Retro Futurist posted:

Why would you watch a whole series about bbqing shrimp?

what about halal snack packs

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Your Personal Muse posted:

I find that it's not fun at all if I don't put a lot of work into Mafia. You run the risk of your ego severely getting bruised by investing a lot in it but I think it pays off

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Hey Moat what's up it feels so weird to remember people outside Myst exist

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Moatillata posted:

Not much now I see why you haven't been around how was myst?

Go check near the end of the thread for the postgame discord link and read the like 50 reams of text to find out haha

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

I'm on hiatus till FF5 Mafia

and even then I might be pretty lurky

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Kashuno posted:

hosed up not playing snes

whoops, yes I would also play SNES, just thought FF5 was already ready to launch at a moment's notice

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Quidthulhu posted:

....I would play in this.

so would I, just 106 to go!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

peramene posted:

God, that was a good game, too. I wouldn't have really gotten to know and respect Bif and my goodness, such a small change and how different things might have been.

Man it's frightening to remember PMing you all "huh, what's Mafia+, sounds interesting though so I'd help mod or balance it if you want!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

peramene posted:

SECONDS. SECONDS from giving in. I came that close to never getting to know Annie. To say nothing of how different Lea would've​ been!

What really?! I thought you definitely just wanted me to play it instead holy poo poo aaaaaaaa

The Zero Escape flowchart of my life must be very interesting

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

Asiina posted:

I've never heard of honeycomb in the sense they're talking about before the show. Maybe honeycomb is this season's beetroot or fennel or soil.

it's a very Australian candy thing, yeah. I've never been a big fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE

I just wait for someone to go really hard calling ME scum.

«5 »