Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Last call for signups for Awful Big Brother. Closing tomorrow, so just want to give one last plug:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905371&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Welp, dead in the only game I was in, time to get back to work on Room 19.

Quote this post and I'll describe you in a dril tweet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
3 scum and 1 3P in 11 players is a lot.

I'd say if you're going to have a 3P that can abscond from the game, then only have 2 scum.

You generally want 1 non-town for every 3 town.

Think of the best and worst case scenarios for all of your alignments. When can the game end for them if they get absolutely everything right? If it can be much faster for one side then you need to give them something to balance it out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also hi, redirectors of all kinds are awful, but any janitor that doesn't unjanitor at some point during the game are the worst. If you're gonna have a janitor, town needs to be able to get rid of them and have it retroactively reveal the flip when they do.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was once unkillable confirmed town. It was the greatest game of my life.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There was an eccogame where merk was a pro-town cult leader who had to be killed before any of the cult recruiters could be killed, but obviously his identity was a secret.

I was scum in that game and for whatever reason every town just believed without question that the cult that said they were pro-town were actually pro-town, so scum didn't have a chance.

Yes, I'm still salty about that one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna make a high effort flavourful role madness game soon. It's been a while.

I think it'll be another star trek game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, there's a discord, it's in the OP.

It's quite active and basically took over the chat thread this used to be.

Would highly recommend joining.

It's definitely a chill place rather than a call each other idiots place though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

We're on discord atm and waiting to see what shakes out. I'd recommend being in the discord if you wanna play with the same players in the future as I'm sure it'll get talked about in there where to go

Yeah, I don't want to speak for everyone but the general plan right now seems to be let's see if anything actually comes of this in terms of change in leadership of this site, and if it appears that the answer is going to be no, then we'll find an alternative.

In the meantime people are working on votefinder-esque bots for discord to see if we can run games successfully on there and also the discord is just a cool place to hang out, so I do recommend people join it regardless.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We were discussing using slow mode and still using regular forums mafia deadlines to simulate the forums experience.

Because yeah, I agree that playing "live" mafia is much different and also something I haven't particularly enjoyed as much as the play when you can kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
wtf

rude