Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

mr.capps posted:

mafia goons what tabletop games have you been enjoying lately

As far as tabletop RPGs with friends go, I'm always down for 13th Age, but I've been kind of stalking the Game Recruit stations for a new FATE game to jump into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

I've got a 15-player setup just about ready to go, hoping to sit down and finish it up to open the thread tomorrow night. Anyone NOT interested in playing who wouldn't mind giving me a quick bit of feedback before then?

I can't help you test it, but I'd love to join, so post when it's up!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Infinitum posted:

Shooting nerds in their face during the day is the best :frogc00l:

This is the correct opinion, imho

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I finally got my paycheck today from holiday work week and it's worse than I expected but I still rewarded myself with a video game that costs less than filling my tank up to half did. :shepface:

Related, boy I'm not far into Opus Magnum at all and I feel like a dumbass already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

my video game is... free

I will definitely check your video game out here in a little bit, it seems fun.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

peramene posted:

also hey, mafia buddies, LDR anniversary ideas?

don't say host a game of Mafia together

miyazaki movie night tbh

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I might die if FF7 Mafia and DBZ Mafia 2 happen at the same time, but damned if I wont try to do it if that happens

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Who ran DBZ mafia?

Nat20, I think? I wasnt in it but I remember reading it with extreme interest.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

my friends, have you heard of the trails games?

when the gently caress is cold steel 2 pc

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

please i am trying to ignore this hole in my heart

my friend hooked me on the cold steel pc release and has been baiting the hook with me for months now about cold steel 2 pc and I refuse to shadowplay/emulate/whatever the hell the version that's on the PS4 via PS3 emulation so i'm basically in hell

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

have you played the sky games?

SC and the 3rd are masterpieces

I'm gonna wait until after Cold Steel 2 because realistically I will get bored enough to play through the Sky trilogy while waiting for Cold Steel 3 PC :eng99:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

Hey mafia thread, the Royal Rumble is on Sunday! After last year's successful contest, I figured I'd do it again this year.

Quote this post if you want to be entered! You will be randomly assigned a number 1-30. If the person who enters the rumble at your number wins, you win! (Not, you know, the Rumble. Something else.)

New this year: For the first time, there is a Women's Royal Rumble :toot:, so two chances to win! If you would like a different number for the men's and women's rumble, let me know, and if you would like to only enter one of them also let me know. I don't know why anyone would take that option but leaving it there all the same.

Let's do this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

psuedo-emptyquoting for the new page

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

All I care about is doing a violence against that scurrilous rapscallion, http://orokos.com/roll/588572: 1d30 15 Grandicap and/or Monathin!!! YOU HEAR THAT, I'M COMIN' FOR YOU!

BRING IT POD I CAN TAKE YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I read the OP of every thread I've ever posted in, twice, to be sure.

I fear nothing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I like the OP.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Balor must have pissed someone off in creative.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

busb posted:

Wrestling is anime; bad

Only thing bad about wrestling is that its not anime enough

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tithin posted:

try watching lucha underground

Its on the list, keep meaning to, trust me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The right people won the Rumble. Everything else was kinda meh.

Universal Champ match was good up until the actual pin happened and then it was bad.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Bad wrestling isnt anime. Good wrestling is very anime

:yeah:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

why... did no one... wished. me happ y birthdya :'(

I dunno anyone's birthdays and am patently terrible at remembering dates.

Happy birthday tho.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BottleKnight posted:

If you just assume Keane is scum in literally every game, youll be right sometimes at least.

I have proven this to be demonstrably false.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

which is the one with gangster Komaeda in it

i hate that i know who you mean but that's the mobage bifauxnen

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder how it would be to have a game where every player had a standard win condition (eliminate Town threats/control the vote) as well as a secret win condition that could not be shared publicly in the game. If the player fulfilled their secret win condition, they would be removed from the game. This would continue until one of the main win conditions was achieved. Could this create interesting prisoners dilemma style situations or would it be a bust

correct me if i'm wrong but i assume this is half the point of pera's Myst/Riven games

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

Lurker guns are one of my favorite mechanics.

Lurker Guns/Free Dunks seem like the best way to handle that particular problem from what little I've seen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I guess it's time to admit I am probably gonna start drafting a (slightly) smaller role madness game to run at some point in the nebulous future. Cyberpunk or wild untamed space (aka Cowboy Bebop)-flavored game. Definitely shooting for more than 12 but probably no more than 18 players.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

birb is known to self-kill as scum, mafia is dead, asiina was tracked to mafia, and mafia is asiina

qed birdstrike is an asiina alt

checks out

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Today (18th in Australia) is actually my birthday and so far it has been loving fantastic

happy bifday :3:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Retro Futurist posted:

So what did everyone do for opop day?

joined ecco's game, you should too!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Retro Futurist posted:

Quote this post in the next 5 minutes and I'll tell you who still posts here

:emptyquote:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mordiceius posted:

Riven is over. That means we can play Mafia again!

Hey! Now that Riven's over, here's some games that're still waiting for people!

Chic has Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Mafia for those of you who like the nonstandard!

Yami has a game based off the Mafia-like game Throne of Lies!

I believe Ecco's game just filled, too.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

Oh, hey, the World Cup is soon :911:

Quote this post to be given a random team. If your team wins, you win a prize!

(also steam summer sale coming up soon)

i know nothing about futbol but i love random giveaways!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

Shine XIV: The Shine Cup, a 32-army soldiers game coming to you in 2026

After that comes Shive XIV: Heavensward and Shine XIV: Stormblood(y Mary)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You know what, I'll do one of these, too! And as a way to shameless self-promote my podcast...

Quote this post and I'll tell you what Kamen Rider you are!!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You're Godai/Kuuga - you're consistently cheerful, always looking to better yourself in some way or another, and tend to have a pretty big heart and care about plenty of people.

Quidthulhu posted:

I better be Ooos!!

You, however, are Haruto/Wizard! You come off as a bit standoffish, but you're willing to help people out despite any misgivings you might have - though you often paint yourself as the sane man, you're not above your own goofiness.

Shotaro, without a doubt - you've got your hidden serious depths, but you're well known for your overblown comical reactions and general goofiness. You can't stand seeing other people being cruel and callous.

PMush Perfect posted:

I haven't finished Build yet, so no spoilers there, please.

Bonus points if you also give me which Sentai character I am?

I don't know which sentai character you'd be, but I think you're best represented by Tsukasa - KAmen Rider Decade! You hide a lot of your softer feelings behind a thin veneer of witty phrases and snarky commentary - a kind heart wrapped around a shell of desperately trying to look cool. (You are cool, just not in the way you think.)

Bifauxnen posted:

I wanna be Mumen Rider

Too bad! You're instead Shiro Kazami - Kamen Rider V3! While typically calm, cool, and collected, you have a hot-tempered side and can't help but try and taunt and goad those who decide they want to pick a fight with you one on one.

You're Eiji - Kamen Rider OOO! You're selfless to a fault, and tend to not think too hard about the particulars, your heart is always in the right place, and you don't tend to worry too much about what's coming up around the corner - you can handle it! Probably.

Lastly, birb is Tendou - self-assured and seen as a bit cocky, he rarely seems to take things seriously, but a lot of that is hiding a caring side... once people get past your own -unique- brand of wisdom.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am not signing up for any more mafia games :toxx:

Feel better, Anarc!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

And really, irrespective of whose game it is, I'm having real trouble figuring out a cooler theme than Prey.

I have an idea for a game percolating in my brain and I'm trying to finish it so I can run it later this year. But it's also my first setup so I'm trying to figure it out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Retro Futurist posted:

What the hell is mafia?

a miserable pile of fakeclaims.

but enough WIFOM! have at you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011