Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

imgay posted:

Quote this post if you are ashamed of your browser history.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

imgay posted:

Quote this post if you are ashamed of your browser history.

imgay posted:

you guys ever been on r/bowsette?

##vote imgay

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

imgay posted:

Wheres all the wacky role madness games

I don't know if I'd call it wacky but I did learn a thing from Pod. And Ecco. And Nat20.

Okay so it might be a bit weird. Not as weird as their games, probably.

I don't know what the Bigger Game Queue looks like though, so Cyberpunk Mafia (no relation to Cyberpunk, the franchise) will be waiting in the wings for those who wish to partake probably either later this month or early November.

It is a game for 18 players. Be there or be somewhere else, I suppose.

(Thanks a bunch to Pod for helping me hash out the remaining details of this setup!)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Chic Trombone posted:

hello mafia thread

i haven't been able to chill a lot lately but i wanted to check in and say i do still love you guys

hopefully one day soon i can join a mafia game and not immediately experience a personal crisis

Feel better soon, Chic. We'll keep your seat warm while you're gone. :comfysamus:

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 11, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

busb is a self-hating anime

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Persona 5's backdown is largely in part due to the fact that it spends a good amount of its build up building up a main antagonist who is very similar to the current Japanese Prime Minister and people underestimate how much of a hand the Japanese government has in actual commercially released games. The backdown in the second half of the game is very clearly entirely forced from an upper management level because they were afraid of pulling too much heat in their current political climate.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Just asiina and pig's I think?

Solus' MMX Mafia is close to filling, too.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Please don't actually make it right now, there's like three games that are almost filled and at least two or three that are running.

I've got a game in the tank too but I'm waiting for the drat queue to unclog like a good person. :argh:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Somberbrero posted:

I know I said I was running Cloaks 2 after Shine but there's enough going on I'll sit on it.

I'll probably also sit on mine until a couple of the nearly-full games fill up and get close to completion.

Ideally that ends up meaning Verge: A Cyberpunk Mafia will run in early November.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Y'know what, gently caress it.

(source)

VERGE: A CYBERPUNK MAFIA is open for signups. It will start no sooner than November 2nd.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Reminder that I have a cyberpunk mafia game people should join! I think people will like it!

It's over here! I would like to start it this Friday or sometime by the Friday after.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm plugging Verge again since this is the day I was hoping to start at earliest and we only need three more players before I can get started! It'll be a lot of fun, I promise!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I love all these low effort posts about how players should post more

"do as I say, not as I do" haha

"post more.. yeah, just post... but it better have effort :colbert:" lol

:emptyquote: is a post too, dickyb. :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

my strategy for winning as scum is lose

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am looking for two replacements for my game! D1 has not ended yet so you would likely come in now or on D2. PM me if interested.

e: All done! Thanks!

Monathin fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 5, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

Idgi, how many pages have I got to get through or did I miss it?

Spoilers:

jimmydalad got caught in a scumslip, faked a ragequit (while implicating Sal, who was town), and got Sal chain lunched after them, allowing for scum to win after jimmy got lunched.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The ToS and ToL players have provided a much needed blood infusion. Things are looking up.

We will be trapped here forever.

What the hell am I then? I didn't come from either of those. :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have made the appropriate corrections lol

Aww. I didn't know you cared that much! :3:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I was also a bowling ball of a child. 12.7 lbs.

I was also like three weeks early, according to my mom, so it's probably good it happened when it did. :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PMush Perfect posted:

PMrs. wants to know if you were a first child.

nope. middle of three.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Hi. Sorry for lurking. Who is the scum?

##vote kfc

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Time is fake, space is a hoax, buy gold.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I appreciate this thread's dedication to loving up the quote function :3:

Also I decided to change my Av because my podcast is coming up on one year old! It's about going through a chronological timeline of japanese spandex superheroes! You should come give us a listen! And money! Money is also good!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hambeet posted:

Alternative joke:

Who are you?

:argh:

One of these days, beet. ONE OF THESE DAYS.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:emptyquote:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Natural 20 posted:

This is the saddest day in the history of mafia.

Incorrect, that would be this Sunday, Nat. :v:

Monathin fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 19, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jeez, we have a lot of December birthdays, don't we? :thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

happy birthday everyone.

and a very merry unbirthday to you, Toal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The most awful day of Mafia has arrived.

Specifically, it is the day I was brought forth into existence. Therefore ruining everything for everyone forever.

:toot:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

maybe later

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Merry Christmas you fuckin nerds.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Quidthulhu posted:

PMush are you the Kamen Rider expert

I have a podcast. :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

*in an extremely Alasdair impersonating a British old lady voice* Oooooooh my podcast

gently caress ok that shouldn't have made me laugh as hard as it did, solid 10/10

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you've only see OOO I'd recommend you complete the set. 2009's Kamen Rider W (or Double, depending on who you ask) and 2011's Kamen Rider Fourze basically form a soft trinity with OOO as what I'd recommend anyone new to Rider to start out. It helps all three of them are really, really solid shows front to back. Fourze has some issues with writing down the stretch but it has the strongest protagonist of the three, for my money. (Watching all three also gives you context for Movie War Megamax, aka The Best Rider Crossover Movie)

After that, I'd recommend one of two paths. Like Pod said, Kabuto/Den-O is good, especially if you want some character shenanigans and not care as much about plot (especially Den-O. Kabuto is iconic but its writing gets really weird. Both have an amazing supporting cast though).

If you wanna jump ahead to the modern day, I'd recommend either Ex-Aid or Build. Build is great serious character drama while reslly sticking close to the roots of what makes Rider so special. Ex-Aid is also really good, its goofier but the main casts keeps the stakes interesting, though some people have a problem with the suits so it's a bit of a harder sell. (I don't but your mileage may vary.)

I'd pass on Gaim, Kiva, and Decade. Decade you can maybe watch later, but know the writing is very bad and its only held up by a fantastic lead actor and how people bounce off him. Kiva's plot is a cool concept that spends forever spinning its wheels. Gaim is Gen Urobuchi's writing at its absolute worse, is paced poorly for both bingewatching and weekly, and goes too hard trying to act like a "serious" rider.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oren and Takatora both deserved a better show.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God I cannot loving WAIT to cover tokusatsu spiderman on the podcast.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

Oh heck, I got busy with work and I forgot all about the Royal Rumble being tomorrow, so short version is quote this post and youll get a random number assigned and if your number wins either Rumble you get a prize.

aw gently caress it's rumble time already!? gently caress.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pander posted:

FWIW I've been catching up on Phoenix Wright games (had a bit of hiatus, last one was like Ace Investigator). So probably 1/2 the way through Dual Destinies right now. When I finish I'll probably try to make a big game similar in spirit to the previous few PW games I made.

Fuckin' A, Pander, you had me at Ace Attorney. Consider this a presign.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

My first mafia game ever!

Can we all agree I took Krell's place?

late but I never played with Krell but one of my favorite games to play when you and I are in the same game is "who's scum trying to push DickyB because he's an easy dunk" and it's worked out pretty well for me so far

so what I'm saying is please don't change cause otherwise I may have to reinvent my entire gameplan when you're in a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

What do you do when DickyB is scum?

Wait for him to out himself, typically