Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Hi everyone I am your ambassador from gibbis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

BottleKnight posted:

help me father for I have sinned

Ahura Mazda is merciful repent and you shall be forgiven!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

How difficult is it to run one of these things?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Max posted:

Hello Azuth have you heard the good word?

Ahura Mazda has shared the good word with me.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Spiros posted:

Not too hard, just need someone to count votes when you won't be around and it's variant in time depending on how complex and balanced you want it.

Whats a good evil:town ratio and roles:no-roles ratio?

I'm assuming the more flavor the better?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Max posted:

Have you experienced the glorious light of the Buddha?

I have not for I only need the good thoughts of Ahura Mazda.

Kashuno posted:

there's no hard number to it. Usually around 25%-33% of the game should be non-town aligned. roles:no-roles is completely dependent on you. Some games have 0 roles, some games everyone has a role.

Max posted:

In a basic game, it's usually 1/4 ratio of scum to town.

So something like this for the town:scum ratio:
20 people total
4 people on team evil shits
1 person that's batshit insane and only out for themselves

Team evil roles:
1 Godfather
1 role blocker
2 vanilla

Evil but not a team player:
1 serial killer

Town roles:
1 cop
1 doctor
1 vigilante with limited shots

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I just can't quote this post hard enough.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You're going to be real embarrassed when you learn that Bottle Knight is an anime.

Not really.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Shitposting is cool and good.

Never stop posting and lynch the lurkers.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

TMMadman posted:

It's not the fact that they are from GBS, it's that they just that they all just seem to want to shitpost.

You can't argue against shitposts. All you do is get covered in poo poo.

You pros "cases" are basically shitposts in D&D form.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

busb posted:

also death to anime

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

busb posted:

at least the gbs posters are actually amusing and fun to read, and are having fun while playing.

there's a big difference between that and just throwing out stale insults and refusing to engage with the thread

You all should join in our gimmicks it makes the game so much more fun.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

:agreed:

I'm also taking a break and it's largely because of this. Shitposting is worse than lurking, since it looks like the people are there and there is a small glimmer of hope that maybe you can talk to them, but nah, they are just going to respond with completely unrelated poo poo that either has nothing to do with the game (wow rude ##vote) or give absolutely no explanation for their vote (lol ur scum ##vote). How are you supposed to defend yourself against that if they're voting you and how are you supposed to look at previous days for connections when every vote is completely contentless? There's zero point to the game when the shitposters take over.

And because I'm not gonna do this hinting nonsense, I think imgay is the worst culprit of this and should be banned from playing. He's played in 70 games and I'd be surprised if he's made 70 game related posts between them. But he is continually allowed to play, is rarely killed by the scum team, and town almost always has to waste a day lynching him so that he's not around at LYLO.

I can't even count how many games have involved a lynch that was simply "we need to get rid of the shitposter because they're impossible to read and will never say anything useful." Which is also an argument both scum and town can easily make and can't be scrutinized, so even their death is useless.

This is why you should join the gimmicks no matter what happens it ends up being fun.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

##Vote Anime sucks

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

There is quite literally no reason to go to Syracuse

False: If you are stuck at Ft. Drum there is plenty of reason to go to Syracuse.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I...guess. That's like going from hell into the outer ring of hell. Not quite as hot, but it's still hell

Its a place you can go that you do not need a pass for and its out of watertown.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

i have never played a dark souls game. should i buy this game or play the older ones first

Just pick this one up and go for it, its worth the price.

E: also be careful of purple signs :rip:.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Anime sucks.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

I have far less time as a grad student than I ever had working in an office.

EDIT: ^5 Keane

Echoing this, grading sucks.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Also I should add that I lost my job last week so I have lots of free time for stupid poo poo like this.

:smith: sorry I hope it works out well for you.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Yeah it's much simpler but you also have an abyss in the middle

I think the fly over states count as an abyss too :colbert:.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

I'm nervous about sending my paper out for publication. I will never feel it's good enough.

Does anyone want to read a bad paper I'm nervous about? Tell me your email and I will email it to you.

I'll read it you can PM it to me. Have you picked a journal you want it to go to?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

I don't mind them for jobs because it lets you give context to a series of point forms on your CV, but cover letters for publications are just so pointless if you don't have a preference for reviewer. I can check a box saying I haven't submitted it anywhere else. I've already classified it into keywords so I've shown that I know why I'm submitting it to your journal. Why do I have to write this thing?

Don't forget the usual "I agree to pay usurious amounts for my black and white figure even though this journal is primarily online now and not printed anymore."

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's literally "how I feel at the time"

This is literally everything in mafia.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Agreed, if by "everything in" you mean "a portion of"

No I mean everything.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear

Keep it up, slugger!

Does it hurt to be as wrong as you are?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Spiros posted:

It does but he thrives on the pain, much like Bane

poo poo whoever is batman its time to clam and go after that fool.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Alright I'm sounding the horn and lighting the beacons we can't have people hindering the search for batman. Maybe if it was someone lovely like spiderman we could get away with it but, not this time.

##crusade Kashuno

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Anime sucks.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Philosophy is like anime. Both are good.

Anime sucks.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

I hate committees.

Here's my summary of all of my emails to this committee: "Things cost money"

:glomp: sorry committee pain is the worst.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Podima posted:

Have you played either before?

If no - OoT

If yes - play the one you haven't played

If you've played both - MM

I've played both and am debating what to recommend to a friend that hasn't played either.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:smugdon:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Are the people in the hots community as terrible as the dota or lol people?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

JakeP posted:

I play with Jimbo occasionally and its better than Dota Jimbo. Something about quicker games gives him less time to build up his rage.

Like you get some jerks here and there, but the goon community is super chill for sure, and are mostly newbie friendly. If you play add me Jakep#1111

Sounds much better than lol already nobody there is chill. I'll install it when I get back from doing field work.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Pubbies are really terrible in hots. Not as terrible as lol or dota pubbies but, still terrible. The community seems to be better and I bet that's part of Blizzard actually punishing terrible people.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

JakeP posted:

Yeah. The games go by faster, and screwing up a ton in the early game doesn't put your team out of the game, so there is less reason for people to get angry. They still will, but its less of a problem for sure. You win any of your first quick matches?

No, I was probably the reason too. I completely ignored the little sidequest things and focused on ganking the crap out of the enemy team. I had fun, it was quick but, my pubbies were really mad. Definitely more chill than lol and dota. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Guys why is dating so loving hard

There are a lot of terrible people out and about is why. I suggest looking for the gibbis plentyoffish or okcupid threads for examples and laughs.