Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*FALLS FROM THE CEILING STABBING GULAGDOLLS, THEN SHOUTS A KILLING WORD IN HIS CORPSE*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-eiBqri0U

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i actually had some pizza today with fresh basil it was pretty good but the basil stems were hard and got stuck in my throat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhzXDDXt74
two of the worlds favorites, coca cola and papa johns

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how was your take away there i don't like basil

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gently caress this noise im gone again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i loving love basil

goodbye forever

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i got a libary card i am on libary computer internet hi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is a joke book here with sections on negro jokes and negro dialects

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't have it with me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
market rubio and lady
bernie and jon stewart

are going to be the presidental nomines

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this election is really intersting its like almost as interestting as the politics in the hit anime legend of the galatic heroes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can now reveal the reason why I haven't been around. I lied about my internet folks. I am working with the Bernie Sanders campaign, as a youth adviser.

Why else do you think he has been popular so much with the kids?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Marlene agreed to create a cyber sex scandal for me.

That is why Clinton don't want those emails coming out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i guess you can call it a frame job

...both the acts describe in the email and the creation of this scandal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a frame job is very hard to pull off you have to get in at the right angle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

You ruined your own joke.

name a joke of mine that i didn't self destruct inadvertently or purposefully

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am currently using McDonalds internet. The television is on Fox News. An employee and a customer are discussing the current ongoing manhunt in Illinois.

They believe Obama might be behind the recent shootings and is trying to start a race war. Help meeeee

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will fight for the latinos

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EccoRaven posted:

capps where did you fall on the Snowpiercer debate?

a brilliant movie that balances being a parody of white savior narratives while delivering a fun action romp, two thumbs up

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a passing mcdonalds customer gave me a friendly smile and being the kind person i am i attempted to give one back.

i say attempted because because i somehow blew air into my cheeks instead.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EccoRaven posted:

hmmmm I could see that.

I saw it as a parable for the necessity of authoritarianism because I figured Evans was actually the bad guy to Swinton's anti-hero.

gilliam and wilford are basically directors and editors. evans is the hero of the story they are both creating, but of course they also want him to be the new guy in charge.

like just look at yona and minsu. they are both literally plot devices in the beginning, minsu opens doors and yona has powers. but yona ends up revealing the inner mechanics of the narrative, and minsu literally derails the entire movie with the train.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the problem i have with that reading is that i believe minsu is suppose to be the hero of the story

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
george miller and bong joon-ho remind me of a lot of each other

they both enjoy incidental accidents and seem to approach action and violence in similar ways. nux tripping reminded me of the scene where the dude falls on his rear end in the host.

tho miller seems to be more visual with his surrealism while bong joon-ho prefers tonal shifts to add his

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EccoRaven posted:

minsu literally killed all humanity in the name of freedom

its the most heroic act in the film, he just misjudge how big of a boom it would be

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

uranus posted:

it was actually about a train driving through an icy world and people on the train killing each other. it was a fun movie, and i feel bad for people who cant enjoy fun things because they are too busy deciding what is right or wrong with them.

it is a fun movie and part of that reason is bong joon-ho enjoys playing with his audience

everyone should go watch mother, i assume everyone has seen the host

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It seemed like it was vaguely ripping off of The Good The Bad The Weird but the magic wasn't tgere

racist

but i dunno that seems like comparing apples to oranges
(the guy who did that movie also did tale of two sisters which is probably my favorite horror movie)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EccoRaven posted:

nope authoritarianism is presented as both morally AND practically correct since it keeps humanity alive. the use of human bodies as replacement for tools is gross so the train wouldn't last forever (which represents the inherently instability of white supremacy). but after another year or so it'd be obvious the world was warming and an Evans Conductor would consider orchestrating escapes instead of revolutions (helped by his perspective from being in the tail), and then the train would eventually break down and they'd all leave the train and then humanity would be: Alive; have Social Structure; Resources to rebuild; and have Multiple Free Communities (due to previous escapees).

idk I think I just really liked tilda swinton's character. it's a shame she's a polanski-apologist because otherwise she'd be one of my favorites.

also i don't think minsu killed everyone
all because we only see the two kids doesn't mean they arent more survivors.

i like the cuddly polar bears

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

wb capps

taste sent me music yesterday and it made me think of you

hi pin, im not back just in a mcdonalds with my laptop but thank you for the welcome

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
really the miller and bong joon-ho parallels hold up most when you compare snowpiecer with babe: pig in the city.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean both are these really bleak pictures about society and leaders

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pig in the city is probably millers best film after fury road, it certainly beats the first mad max and i think it edges over the road warrior

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the farmers dance in babe, and babe saving the dog from the river in city are two of the most powerful moments in film

the later causes me to cry every time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
honestly babe should probably replace articus flinch's place in the canon of american heroes especially now that the guy is a racist or something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
of course babe isn't really an american hero, but more of a world hero
hence why the big city is a combination of all cities

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3aspoQwTU4
see ya guys

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pintrest i have finally read phonogam and i hate myself for not reading it earlier but also it was probably the best time for me to read this so. . .

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i did a room escape today
we kinda won

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mafia makes me cry

Adbot