Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hmm, I could moderate a Survivor game. Would someone want to co-mod with me? I would need some help doing the challenges mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PMush Perfect posted:

We're all Magnus parachutes. That's what Mafia stands for. Magnus Alts Fill Ivery Agame

I had a parachute account once and didn’t get lynched d1 because I was a newbie. Best $10 I ever spent.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You played in my game for newbie players too you dingus

Don’t doxx me! I might come back.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MrThingyman posted:

I'm trying to contact merk, but he's been unresponsive. If anyone is able to prod him for me, that'd be appreciated :)

Hi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That game was a perfect scum victory!

lol merk bad lol hot takes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I genuinely forgot that Merk pretended to be Chinese to avoid getting executed

It immediately worked too. Someone posts right after that saying they trust me now. I remember laughing my rear end off at home.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It was a fun lie. It also worked, and I didn't think it would.

Lots of bad opinions about a funny game for me, but that's OK.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

merk, almost immediately caught by a group of newbie mafia players lies about not speaking english to avoid getting caught, thinking "I truly am the best"

and lol I had one vote at the time I made the lie. I just looked.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PMush Perfect posted:

Please, Merk, keep digging, you'll hit China soon!

But that’s where I’m from!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Monathin posted:

late but I never played with Krell but one of my favorite games to play when you and I are in the same game is "who's scum trying to push DickyB because he's an easy dunk" and it's worked out pretty well for me so far

so what I'm saying is please don't change cause otherwise I may have to reinvent my entire gameplan when you're in a game

What do you do when DickyB is scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

1-4 are fine, adwd convinced me that I was a dumb idiot moron for ever enjoying them

This but The Dark Tower and everything after the Wizard of Oz experience.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not really very interested in mafia at the moment and am signed up for Thingyman's thing. I can play, but I'd be willing to trade out my spot to someone more willing. The game starts June 10 at 8PM Eastern. Would anyone like to sub in?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SolusLunes posted:

Which one's thingyman's thing? I may be interested.

Unless it's video mafia then lolno I haven't the time

The Mafia Universe Championships of the Known Universe or something. It's forum stuff.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thingyman game starts tonight. Who wants in instead of me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks. I’m unavailable and could use a sub.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Timing for the event (and my general mafia interest) ended up not working out. I had a work trip pop up after I committed and had to / wanted to bail.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OMGVBFLOL posted:

is it a faux pas to talk in very general terms about games in progress? cause this fuckin game jfc

It’s bad. Most games have a discord spectator chat where you can be the best version of yourself during the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's a pretty good gambit. It is almost as ridiculous as Ecco's d1 'merk is my confirmed mason' gambit which got us to cruise to a scum victory.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bernstrike posted:

if you think about it, life itself is a gambit

deep if true

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What does it mean to respect the source material?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool_of_sound posted:

let me tell you about doujinshi

no thanks

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mikujin, you have never played here when there has been a queue.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PMush Perfect posted:

What's Discord?

An ultima online skill no one ever used.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who owns votefinder? I have a project that I'd like to suggest and am not sure how long it would take.

Initially, soru had votefinder pulling all of the posts for each thread. Could we take all of the posts for every game in votefinder and setup a database of posts for searching? SA doesn't support archives searching, but we could have archived mafia game searching.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Soaring Kestrel posted:

I do, and Votefinder still pulls all posts. I'll add it to the list of things to explore. Concerned about the potential impact of searching 1m posts with the current database server size.

Thanks!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cmon Mikujin.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have an idea for a game... Its mafia but with only night voting and no day lunch

Each day, each player has a day vig, even scum. When someone uses a day vig, it does not actually kill the target unless a majority of other players that day also use their day vig on that same target. You may move your day vig around each day until the deadline. If no one has a majority of day vigs targeting them by the deadline, no one is killed.

At night, the scum team may use a single private vote on a player. No one else at night has any votes. The majority of votes at night results in that player dying at the end of the night.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

I like the doc that stops a kill if they were being killed, but kills the player otherwise. Unecessary treatment kills.

Is that called a Weak Doctor?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Little Mac posted:

I just assumed Hal was a bot

Bots wouldn't lurk that bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

Old mafia people unite!

Form of... OMGUS

You have my cane!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Authorman, if you keep me in your heart, I'll be with you forever, and also it'd hurt a lot because hearts are smaller than humans,usually.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dancer posted:

I find myself needing a replacement player.

ME

I EVEN POSTED IN THE THREAD !

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will join, complain after the game if my alignment changes, but secretly have fun and can't wait for the next game filled with things I say I don't like.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The new Watchmen series is pretty neat

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Meinberg posted:

Yeah sure sylveon is fine if you’re binary

Umbreon for nonbinary flag rep!!!

God DAMNIT Meinberg

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

I only registered 12 years ago, but I had a distinct memory of reading Cliff Yablonski in Grade 10, which would have been in 1999/2000.
:corsair:

We are the same age, friend.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

No one ever believes when I tell them the Reserve is an actual factual thing that exists, and that the heist was in fact a real thing that happened.

Hogwash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

Man, you weren’t kidding. Happy birthday, merk :toot:

Thanks! Yesterday was also my work holiday party, so I had a great birthday!