Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

If you are someone interested in running a setup by an experienced set of eyes, feel free to message any of the following mafia players, who have in the past been more than willing to offer advice and guidance:

- idk pig?

Always!

Hello new mafia discussion thread and happy American Independence day!

I have had many Iced teas and eaten sausages and burgers and many different types of dips and chips.

I also had a fantastic war of those little exploding snap pops with the several children in attendance.

Now I am going to have more Iced tea and relax a few minutes before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am placed correctly on the chart

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is tearing us achart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I personally think charts are stupid, circle-jerky, and bound to upset people so I don't see the point.

You seem to be the only one that's upset by a chart.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

What percentage of games do you think get added to the mafia wiki?

Our system for adding games to the wiki is really bad and it cannot be considered reliable for anything.

For example, I have played in or modded 8 games since coming back, and only 1 has been added to the wiki.

Perhaps give more people editting rights or something, otherwise lets not pretend its an accurate representation of the games played

Its completely reliable

PM me the little code that votefinder gives you when the game is closed and I'll add it!

Every single time.

If I don't poke me and I'll definitely do it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I posted the last one I modded to the thread, and it never got added. The system doesn't work very well.

I often miss the ones in the thread

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Like i said, its not happening currently the wiki prolly has 15%of games played

Like I said, if the mod remembers to PM me the code, it'll go in, 100%

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:shrug:

seriously, it's a matter of sending a PM.

As long as you can do that it will get added.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Congratulations you found my avatar.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We need a wiki thats private like the one that exists that still had some sort of ability for sa mafia members to sign up in order to edit it, thats the main problem is that for some reason the one we have is unable to take signups for whatever reason.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I think if people had the ability to add their games they would, and understand that people don't want to have to PM someone to do it for them

Dude, PMing is way easier than going to the wiki, logging in, doing the captcha and adding it. Why are you complaining?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

The current wiki had a massive spambot problem (something like a dozen new spam accounts a day who would edit the most popular pages with their spam), so Twelvebaud decided to close registration so he could install new Captcha software or whatever, but unfortunately Twelvebaud disappeared off the face of the earth about the same time. As far as I know there is no way to get in touch with him to transfer ownership over to someone else.

I had no idea!

Well, somone added a captcha.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

People aren't PMing you but are posting their games to the thread, so perhaps more games would get added if people who read this thread had access to add games.

I know I would rather add my own game than PM someone to do it for me.

Like Ecco said, most people dont bother, in fact many dont even bother closing their game in votefinder.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Most game results do get posted to this thread though, and most of those games don't make the wiki

because people who have access to the wiki dont read through every single post and obsessively make sure they have every game?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

the issue is not enough people have access to the wiki

I agree, I basically said that.

All I'm saying is that until a better system is in place , that I will 100% get your games in the wiki, if you PM me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Who is very familiar with the rules of the game Chrononauts and doesnt want to play my game?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

theres the games I have played/modded in the last 5 months or so that haven't been added

G-d bless

Im on it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

It would be incredibly easy if votefinder kept the master record of completed games instead of the wiki. You could populate the start of the list with a modified version of the current wiki entry.

Yeah that seems like the easier route, but I'm no programmer.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok dang it what is it written in , I'm gonna have to learn how to do this aren't I?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I vote make CapPig do everything.

I really would if I knew how to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

You better learn or else you'll get the box.

Jokes on you, I already have the box.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I found a thing

http://vip.aersia.net/vip-source.swf

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The fantasy mafia thing is in the OP, you know, if you wanted to read it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3566214

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KntnrMLDLA

This song makes me feel happy and joyous as I remember many good times.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

In 1989-1990 I had a Tony Hawk skateboard. True story.

In 1999 I had Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the Playstation

True Story.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im a hufflepuff with a dogwood/unicorn core wand.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I haven't read this thread in days and there's 500 new posts.

I'm not going to read them.

Someone give me the highlights.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok so nothing going on.

good to know.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I always end up getting way more veggies than I can eat before they go bad though

Veggie trick, If you buy lots of them and see them starting to go bad.

Chop them all up and put them in a baking dish with butter and seasonings you like and bake them until they are all done.

It will give you another week if properly sealed and refrigerated and more if you freeze them in individual portions.

They are also good for adding to another dish you are making like rice or pasta.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

if you have windows 7 or 8 you get windows 10 for free at the end of the month anyway

yeah this, get a laptop and get a free upgrade, why wait?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Why do I want Windows 10? What is great about it?

I have no idea, I was specifically referring to derp's situation.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I want a keane thing and lutr thing!

Also quote this post and I'll tell you what person in my therapy group you are.

Quote the thing and I'll tell you what person you are that is in my various gaming groups.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

You are Zach, The skinny guy with glasses from my Monday night Pathfinder game , He is the guy that always quotes the rules from memory and memorizes all the other players abilities so he can tell them what to do and he really really loves elves. Your voice also sound exactly like the simpson's comic book guy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

You are Ryan, the grumpy married guy Who runs the Monday night pathfinder game and also plays in the Saturday night pathfinder game.
He hosts the games at his house where his overbearing wife yells at him all the time and his little girl likes to pretend to play with us and we let her roll dice an think shes doing things.
He is also a big fan of Hots and tabletop miniatures wargaming.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

in it to win it

You are Jonathan who plays in both pathfinder games.
He is a very young redhead who is very eager , he plays the same thing every time, some variation of spellcasting warrior.
He also never quite grasps the rules and is always asking questions and getting things wrong.
He is very religious and active in his local church.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

You are the fat girl who hates her mother and enables her obese brother by paying all his expenses including rent and food, because he's too fat to leave the house and get a job. Also she has anger issues.

lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thanks Narcotics, this was pretty sobering.

You are Steve, also plays both games, a Short long haired guy that really likes heavy metal and dwarves.
You are also really into rage comics and memes and are a complete horndog.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

chaoslord posted:

Lay it on me cpig

You are Robbie a casual guy who plays in the monday game likes nerdy stuff but isn't really a strong nerd stereotype. You have a really hot wife and just bought a new house.
Things are looking up!

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Also cpig give me a gamer thx

You are Roxanne a tall gangly girl who plays in the saturday game and is super into irish folklore and metaphysical stuff. You also couch surf between people who will have you because you seem to be incapable of supporting yourself beyond a minimum wage grocery store job. Also you are 35 years old and don't know how to drive a car yet.