Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

we should do tabletop simulator nights, but not invite capps

Would play.

Also hi new thread. I'm Little Mac. I'm the best/worst mod and also the best/worst player and also the best/worst person. I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Now that Ecco is not op can we be open with how much we hate her?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

imgay posted:

mobas are usually super toxic

ftfy

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

My favorite kids show is the Amazing World of Gumball. The animation owns and the humor is pretty much all right up my alley. It reminds me of my time spent watching Ed, Edd & Eddy.

I thought Gumball was gonna be stupid when I first saw my niece watching it but man, that show is amazing.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've never played Netrunner. Sell me on it.

Also modern art is bad. All of it. Whenever people ask me why I dislike modern art I show them this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Netrunner looks cool and sounds cool but it's only two players? Laaaame

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A fake Facebook account I made four years ago for an April Fool's Day prank just invited me to an event. Maybe I can finally meet my fake prank wife?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi mafia thread! I've been on vacation for a week and a half! I had fun and did fun things! What did you do for 2000+ posts?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

PS1 Harvest Moon is above and beyond the best one. The GBA remake is even better.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Chrono Cross OST is the music I play when I play Civ V.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Welp it was nice being home for two days BACK TO VACATIONS

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi mafia thread! I've missed you! I stopped reading for a long time because I traveled the nation over the summer and then when I got back home I went right back to work. This year's crop of eighth graders has been trying, but I think I'm finally starting to form a rapport with them - it just usually comes faster. What have I missed in 6000+ posts? Who lived? Who died? Who came back and who poo poo off forever? I hope you didn't miss me. I am easy to follow on Facebook or via my Youtube podcast or I guess in person if you were especially stealthy and bored.

I have a new-ish game idea I want to run when I die in the game Met is running.

Also thank you for birthday wishes on pg 106. <3

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

I'll listen to your podcast Little Mac, if you feel comfortable posting it!

Also I lived, for better or worse.

Depends on which podcast. I do an audio one about weird news stories and a video one where we play video games based around a weekly theme.

Also congrats!

Asiina posted:

Hi Little Mac! I didn't really notice you were gone since you are on my facebook feed pretty much every day.

I have a fan base. I must keep them entertained.

CCKeane posted:

I managed to become governor of one of the shittier states.

Mississippi?

Ernie. posted:

The boy...

Good post!

Rarity posted:

I came back, realised I'd missed the League 2 and got all sad :(

Stay tuned for League III next summer? Also welcome back!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Snowpiercer is quite good. I don't think it's pro-authoritarian at all. That's all I have to say at this time.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

winvirus posted:

also fun news: i graduate in december???? so i might try and come back and play mafia since i'll have time for things like a hobby

You will go back to college

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Soldiers games are great. All of those themes in the poll were terrible - but so was Dune. Make me king

Rarity, pardon me if I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you used to dance for a living?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

HB asiina

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My favorite books change a lot. Maybe today there are...

Candide by Voltaire
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Mythology by Edith Hamilton

Honorable mentions: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Will Grayson/Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by some lady.

Books I Regret Reading

I despise books that are wordy for the sake of being wordy. Anything by Anne Rice fits this bill. I also hated The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Frankenstein, and Atlas Shrugged for this same reason. Also Atlas Shrugged is evil. Wuthering Heights is also guilty of this but has a really hosed up and interesting story underneath so I give it a pass. The Hobbit is fantasy and needs that flowery language.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

just kidding

best rear end books
nintendo power
egm
wizard magazine
spider-man #1
wolverine (picture book_

worst rear end bnooks
yearbook

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't care for Infinite Jest even though I really like the footnotes gimmick and like the WAY he writes. I just couldn't get into it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My favorite King book is On Writing. If you enjoy writing even a little, I can't recommend it enough.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thanks, Soru. U kewl

Best popsicle is orange. Also best Airhead.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mafia 9: Heroes Mafia was my first game. It was really great and I copied the setup for use on another forum. Using someone else's roles helped me figure out how to mod my own games. It was a lot of fun.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

My first game was Mafia 3: With a Vengeance. It led to hilarious mafia memes like "sevenths" and "Roseo gambit" and "costs us a mafia." AFAIK I am the only one who regularly still plays from that era but names-you-might-recognize include: Xythar; Alasdair; Authorman; Mills; windshipper; Token Female; and Buane.

It was very fun obviously since I am still here a million years later.

e: the first game I modded was Marxism I and it went perfectly.

I literally just said my first game was in that same era.

The first game I modded on SA was Battle Royale, after being first in the queue for six years. I made some minor mistakes but it was still fun and great.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

You weren't part of Mafia 3 though afaik.

Mine was six mafias later. How dare you exclude me. We are as mafia gods

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

you are the thor to my odin

this is good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I asked my job for some time off, a week in October and a week in May. The latter because I'm officiating a wedding and the former because my best friend won a trip to Disneyworld and wanted to take me with his family. My job denied me the October week for no real reason, in spite of the fact that I have taken a grand total of zero days off in the two and a half years I've been here, while others take multiple days all the time and some don't even call in.

I'm upset. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magnus Gallant posted:

What week in October? That's really lovely that they would do that. Especially since you're giving a large amount of notice.

12-16, but I put in the request a week and a half ago. It just feels lame to not have employee loyalty rewarded. I get that it's a large amount of time and we don't get true vacation days, but like I said, others take tons of time off all the time. Bleh.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

I heard there's a really nasty flu going around about that time.

That's what the other teachers said to do. Though I am upset, that would be morally wrong. I am too moral. HELP ME

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

Mags, I never quoted you. Seems like you'll just insult anyone over anything.

Lmac, what type of work is it?

I teach 8th grade Language Arts. Also sorry for venting in a mafia thread. Facebook is full of narcs who would talk poo poo about me complaining about my boss.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

Start applying for a new job.

I will probably transfer, yeah.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

Stop caring.

I'm a teacher! If I stopped caring, then I'd just be a parent.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quidnose posted:

Being an adult is really really hard.

So is being a teacher. I got to school at 8:30 today and started working on stuff I needed to get done. Did that until 10:55 when I started teaching. Lunch break at 12:35, cut that short to get work done, taught again at 1:15 to 3:00, after school work until 4:00 where I ran home, changed, ironed, put together documents, went back to school to prep for back to school night which I was doing until it started at 6:30, did that until 8:35, parent meeting until 9:20, met with a parent until 9:52, drove home, wrote two e-mails, responded to one, and now it is 12:01 and my day is done.

I realize I get summers off and I don't actually start work until 10:55 if I wasn't coming in early to do stuff, and I get done at 2:55 every day, and I have 1 or 2 week breaks all the time, but days like this!!!!

I feel ya, man...

Except my school day is from 8:30 to 4:30...

And I'm normally here from 7 to 5...

And we have seemingly daily meetings that leave us with no planning period...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

I sympathize with all of you. I work from 9am to 3pm and napping and playing 3DS is allowed and encouraged.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mario maker so good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mafia Mario Makers! Check out my levels at my Miiverse page and even friend me on Miiverse if you feel like it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/mattcruea/posts

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

busb do winter/fall vs spring/summer

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My name is Matt

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Deadbeat Dad posted:

ah gently caress, my mom just called me to tell me my grandma passed away :smith:

My condolences, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Splatoon's motion controls are amazing.

Also so is Mario Maker. I've made ten levels and have almost fifty stars! It's so fun!