Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I'd also like to see the final whistle blown once the ball goes out of play like they do in rugby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i would like everybody who watches mls regularly killed

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Fans of the winning team are awarded a hot pie in victory.

The extra determination by the players, knowing that their 12th man will be awarded a delicious treat upon exiting the stadium, will alter the dynamics of the game without explicitly changing the rules. Can you imagine a tearful David Luiz vowing to provide the entire nation with a pie to make amends?

8raz fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 13, 2015

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

8raz posted:

Fans of the winning team are awarded a hot pie in victory.

The extra determination by the players, knowing that their 12th man will be awarded a delicious treat upon exiting the stadium, will alter the dynamics of the game without explicitly changing the rules. Can you imagine a tearful David Luiz vowing to provide the entire nation with a pie to make amends?

This already happens. If the Scorps score two goals and win, free slice of pizza. Three goals
And win? Free fries from McDonalds!!!

They won 3-0 last night so guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow... :smuggo:

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Suqit posted:

This already happens. If the Scorps score two goals and win, free slice of pizza. Three goals
And win? Free fries from McDonalds!!!

They won 3-0 last night so guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow... :smuggo:

Not a pie?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

The worst are the dudes who only ever fill out their bottom half.

So you like your tops well hung, lol

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Rolling subs or more subs or something idk

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Rolling subs or more subs or something idk

Out on bail already huh Jared?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

African AIDS cum posted:

Out on bail already huh Jared?

lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ban the English band

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hegay posted:

Ban the English band

Actually this

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hegay posted:

Ban the English band

best suggestion so far

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
In mls voice

Hegay posted:

Ban the English

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

so your using the chuggo voice haha

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I know we're supposed to post wacky ideas itt, but they should punish players for crowding the ref. Or the stupid 'I just tackled someone and now I'm casually jogging away, totally ignoring the referee. I'll jog some more and accidentally turn my head when the ref tries to say something to me and pretend I don't notice he's there'-thing.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Benny Harvey posted:

I'd also like to see the final whistle blown once the ball goes out of play like they do in rugby.

I like this one

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

beedeebee posted:

I know we're supposed to post wacky ideas itt, but they should punish players for crowding the ref. Or the stupid 'I just tackled someone and now I'm casually jogging away, totally ignoring the referee. I'll jog some more and accidentally turn my head when the ref tries to say something to me and pretend I don't notice he's there'-thing.

Maybe they should book the captain if a team does this.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What ever happened to that idea that only the captain would be able to converse with the ref? Is that a thing from rugby?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes it is a thing from Rugby and it seems to work pretty well in that sport.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

JFairfax posted:

Yes it is a thing from Rugby and it seems to work pretty well in that sport.
Well they're all middle class and telling an authority figure to gently caress off is just so gauche

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Use that foam spray to indicate how far an opposition player must be from a free kick taker.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Lets go nite owls.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
clarification on whether a sikh player catching the ball on top of his turban and running into the net would be a valid goal or not

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I remember that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yellow cards for players who pick up the ball and run away from fouls to prevent the opposition from taking quick free kicks.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Get rid of accumulated yellow card suspensions

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

The Maestro posted:

Get rid of accumulated yellow card suspensions

This. Also abolish Manchester United Football Club.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

We already have the technology to prevent ref crowding, they should wear those bubble things.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Drogadon posted:

We already have the technology to prevent ref crowding, they should wear those bubble things.

Ref's should implement shock collars so every time players get near him they get a zap.

Honestly, not allowing bids for the cup be based on money and bribes but by something else like rankings (leagues, country), those who can financially support the loving thing without having to build giant loving stadiums and the infrastructure to handle it. Also, it'd be nice if organizations like UEFA, CONCACAF, and what not work together. Not really for competitions, just so that there isn't a huge issue when trades, bids, or whatever come down to it. It'd also be a good way to make bids for world cups.

Financial Fair Play not being a stupid thing like not being able to buy players or do a limited line up. Don't let them compete in their respective leagues, or take out the option for them to be in the Champion's League. If your team is in debt, depending on the severity, you should be punished accordingly.

Finances are seriously the biggest issue I see in football. I firmly believe that accounts shouldn't be somewhere in the Cayman Islands or some swiss bank account. Clubs go bankrupt (Serie A has had two in the past couple of years) and are forced to start from the beginning. If there isn't a clear line of investing or something like that, it should be flagged, investigated, and stopped.

Co-Owned players should be abolished, same with "companies" that own players.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Co-owning was a better system for developing players than the hoarding with occasional loans mess everyone else has been using.

When Juve, Milan and Inter bought up all the promising players they were still able to play regular first team football for bad teams that both really wanted them, and had a financial stake in their progression.

Rampant corruption is an Italy problem, not a co-owning problem. They shouldn't have got rid of it.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Yellow cards for players who pick up the ball and run away from fouls to prevent the opposition from taking quick free kicks.

I'd like to see some consistency to whether quick free kicks are allowed or not.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

Rampant corruption is an Italy problem

True, but it's still an issue with other leagues as well. Like with the saga with Neymar and everything.

Corruption in Italy is super bad, but it's also like watching a soap opera for guys with football mixed in. poo poo gets hilarious sometimes.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
An extra sub allowed if there's an extra time, I think is a good change.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
You can use your hands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

abuse culture. posted:

You can use your hands

footballers use their hands all the time

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
woops

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

jyrka posted:

This is good too I feel.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Free kicks to yourself like in field hockey.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

jyrka posted:

The problem with more subs/bigger benches is that it favors the rich teams that can afford to have stronger benches since they can throw away money on large wages for better players to sit on the bench. I like the idea but I can see how it might lead to less parity in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brighterday posted:

The problem with more subs/bigger benches is that it favors the rich teams that can afford to have stronger benches since they can throw away money on large wages for better players to sit on the bench. I like the idea but I can see how it might lead to less parity in the league.

The rich teams already have stronger starting lineups and also better facilities and staff. It's already hosed.

• Locked thread