Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003
So, we've been working on a Nightwing fan film here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Some of you, (or none of you) may have watched the Nightwing: Prodigal series on Youtube that consisted of 4 episodes. Shot on an extremely low budget, they did alright and made a couple comic-cons. I was brought on for a new additional short film, Nightwing: The Darkest Knight where I've been working my damnest to take it from a CW style of a project to a more cinematic HBO style short film. While I'm new to this universe, we've put a lot of time into making sure we respect Nightwing and the lore of the comics, including a fair amount of characters and easter eggs into the project as we follow Nightwing on a quest for vengeance, unlike any Nightwing you've seen before.

I'm the director and an exec producer on the film, originally coming on to direct but realizing how small the budget was decided to put money into it to bring it up to a quality level fans could appreciated. I'm an indie film maker who loves directing on the side when I'm not working on feature films such as Star Trek 3, Warcraft, Godzilla, or Arrow (TV). Here's my IMDB so at least you can see a bit of what I've worked on.

Obviously, with any fan project, we can't please everyone. We have a larger budget for this, and have tried to step away from the cheese often associated with fan films. As it is a fan project, no one gets paid and it's completely done by a volunteer crew. I definitely welcome your critique and questions, we have poured a lot of energy into our first 3 days but we know we can't please everyone. We have a lot of twists and surprises coming, as we still have 3 more days of shooting to do in August depending on our stunt teams availabilitiy.

Feel free to check us out on TWITTER or FACEBOOK, we could use any support from fans we can get! There's a Kickstarter link on the video if you feel like supporting us, but that's not what this thread is about.

Without further ado, here's the TEASER. Please reply with questions, feedback or hate! It was slightly rushed due to some time constraints in getting it out onto the net.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYu4pNEY3v8

StuntKid fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just wanna hear stories about being a big movie/TV greensman :)

Also, this thing needs a new subtitle.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 5, 2015

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

*Without further ado.

StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

*Without further ado.

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I just wanna hear stories about being a big movie/TV greensman :)

Also, this thing needs a new subtitle.
Ask away. :)

Yeah, our poor editor was on a deadline to get it out before the weekend of launch so she didn't have much time. Our trailer will be a fair amount more extensive with more polish.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I was very skeptical at the iffy seeming acting at the start but the action seemed really decent. I am sick to death of sexy Harley Quinn, but that's a logical choice I guess although I really wish Black Mask would get some love. I really don't like the name. Maybe it has some overarching reason in the film but it's off putting. It needs a lot more polish granted but I will probably check it out. Production values seem to be middling

Generally, I have to ask. Is there a reason it looks so much like the generic 'dark gritty' DC stuff? It's that same muted colour gloomy stuff that all the tv shows and movies put out. Was it a conscious choice to emulate that or is that just the way you think it should look?

I work in production so believe me, I understand how hard this poo poo all is. But I also would want someone being honest about it

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 22, 2015

• Locked thread