Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Ghiradelli's 72% dark and above is vegan as well. Really came in handy when I received a Ghiradelli gift card, I bought bags of that and some cocoa powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it

scuz posted:

Crossposting from the cook-or-die thread cuz vegan chickencheese is really damned good:

What is the SuperBroth* you used for the tofu?

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it

I finally got around to trying Kenji's miso risotto, and I loved it! I made it with some soy sauce and maple syrup-glazed brussels sprouts.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I love hummus toast for breakfast (toast, hummus, za'atar, then some kind of greens like baby spinach on top!) in addition to beans on toast and avocado toast. I make grits all the time with vegan butter and nutritional yeast, sometimes with coconut milk to make it creamy. Love vegan pancakes and vegan french toast made with aquafaba when I want something more "brunchy." Can't go wrong with a good tofu scramble, and I've used the same seasonings to coat and pan-fry tofu patties for breakfast sandwiches.

Edit: And breakfast potatoes too! Air-fried or pan-fried quartered small potatoes cooked in oil and spices, served with wilted greens, delicious.

Carotid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 5, 2020

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Yup, I love air frying my tofu. I keep a lot of tofu on hand, and one of my favorite preparations is tearing up thawed tofu into strips/chunks, seasoning it with whatever I'm in the mood for that day, and air frying until it's almost chicken-like in texture. Very versatile!

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Costco has semisweet chocolate chips that are vegan if you still wanted to make some chocolate baked goods.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I like putting together this vegan pepperoni, it's easy and pretty tasty: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/easy-vegan-seitan-pepperoni/. I would like to find a good go-to seitan recipe to use as cold cuts for sandwiches, in addition to my tempeh and tofu slices.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I do love my fair share of beans and spreads but I like adding seitan into the mix of my proteins. It adds a variety of textures and flavors. Sometimes you get a bit tired of the mush factor.

I would love to see seitan cooking that goes beyond attempting to mimic meat, which I feel is fun to try but limiting and ultimately doesn’t give seitan enough credit. Gluten rolls in Chinese and Vietnamese cooking are fun to experiment with as well.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I've been enjoying chickpea flour crepes and waffles, as well as hummus toast with za'atar for breakfast.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I agree that you can use them interchangeably if you want, but I personally find chunk TVP and similar products to have a different taste and texture from Butler soy curls. Probably doesn't matter for what you want to use them for though!

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Most dry pasta is vegan, are you looking for something different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
I am a huge fan of barbecue tempeh sandwiches. Slice into slabs, cook in barbeque sauce, serve on soft buns with fixins like slaw and onions, and a side of vegan mac and cheese, beans, etc.