Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Bugs are animals so I don't think most vegans would eat them. Depends on why you are a vegan I guess. Bugs are indeed the most sustainable way to get animal protein and it'd be good if more people ate them. I know I would if they were available even though I eat vegan otherwise.

Still in a thread about vegan food you won't find recipes for candied ants . A bug-cooking thread would be super cool though.

I've recently tried out some different types of tempeh. Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian type of fermented soy. Being made from soy it's very high in protein. If you are a fan of fermented foods tempeh might be something you'd enjoy. Definitely not for everyone but I'm kinda liking it.

Anyone have good recipes for it though? I've just used it in stir fries and such so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Atleast in Europe it's pretty easy to see if something is vegetarian instead of vegan since the difference is mostly allergens which are bolded in the ingredient lists.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
How about like dark chocolate and nuts? Maybe dried fruit and berries. I don't think candy is really a snack more than a junk food.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
That aloo gajar looks so good I wished cilantro didn't taste like poo poo to me.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Nutritional yeast is where it's at for cheesy tastes in vegan cooking. I use it everywhere.