Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

TychoCelchuuu posted:

This is the vegan thread! You can make a vegetarian thread if you want. Vegetarian food is such a massive category (eggs alone add like a million kinds of dishes) that vegetarian food would easily take over the vegan thread and we could go for 20 pages without talking about any vegan food. I'd rather not have that.

Could you actually explain the difference between vegetarian and vegan? Because I've been using the term interchangeably for quite some time. Mostly so I'd stop being called a human being and other homophobic slurs for making vegan meals. People seem to hate the vegan and love the vegetarian. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

The Midniter posted:

Vegetarians don't eat meat. They still eat eggs and dairy products (milk, cheese, etc.). They also eat honey.

Vegans don't eat meat. Vegans also don't eat ANY foods derived from animals. No eggs, dairy, honey, or leather jackets.

The reason people seem to hate vegans is because an extremely vocal minority of them have extremely off-putting holier-than-thou attitudes about their lifestyle choices. Most vegans are cool people.

Thanks. I make a lot of southeast asian cuisine so I inadvertently make a lot of vegan dishes.

EDIT: Though I usually make some meat on the side for people who just got to eat "something real" :jerkbag: