Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

TychoCelchuuu posted:

It's been a while. Another food dump of stuff I've taken pictures of:

You always have such delicious and inspiring posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

That soup and bread look amazing. I made one of the mushroom soups posted on the first page and it was amazing (one with various mushrooms and wild rice). Would you mind sharing the recipe (or where you got it)?

Do you do anything special to make your round loaves turn out so...round? Seems like a silly question, but whenever I try a round loaf it comes out looking weird.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Eat The Rich posted:

Also does anyone have recommendations for vegan snacks? I get the munchies and for some reason, I am usually very lazy at the time. The vegan candy options are basically shaped sugar and taffy. I'm thinking I might make my own trail mix.

Baba ghanoush - it's similar to hummus but made with eggplants instead of chickpeas. I love eggplant and grow/buy them constantly, and it's just another amazing way of enjoying them. It's great with veggies or flatbread as well.

Enfys fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 23, 2018

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

That looks amazing! You're a fantastic cook

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

colonp posted:

I made a hummus sandwich today for the first time in a long while.

Storebought ciabatta, onion, tomato, cucumber, iceberg, hummus and the brown stuff is vinaigrette based on balsamic vinegar and canola oil.

You might think it would be too bitter with hummus + balsamic vinegar, but I honestly wish I had made about 50% more vinaigrette (was 1+3 smallish tablespoons total). Also, a bit too little hummus and a bit too much iceberg.. but still a really nice sandwich.

That looks so good. I'm making a new batch of tahini today so I can make more hummus, and I've got the other ingredients on hand including homemade bread. I know what supper is tonight :getin:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Seaweed and mushrooms if you think you're deficient or at risk :shrug:

You'll probably be grand assuming you're eating plenty of tasty whole foods and not living off doritos the rest of the time. If you start feeling terrible, you can try changing things up.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Just made a batch of homemade tahini. Awhile back someone in this thread talked about how easy it is to make, and I'm so glad I started making it. I enjoy adding it to far more dishes now than I did previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Definitely going to have to try grilled romaine hearts as well as other BBQ links.

In general I miss barbequing in the summer - not so much missing BBQ meat but just chilling while poking the grill from time to time on a nice day :yayclod: