Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

wuggles posted:

I did red beans with brussel sprouts and rice, and a bunch of red bean-type spices with some orange juice, and it’s good. But does anyone have any suggestions on what stuff pairs well with brussel sprouts?

A little bit of maple syrup, chili flakes and lemon juice over roasted brussels sprouts is an amazing combo. As accompaniments, anything that works with cabbage will will work with sprouts: leeks, apple, potatoes, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Any recommendations for a tofu substitute? The wife reacts badly to soy and I want more body to the vegan Asian dishes I'm making.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

TychoCelchuuu posted:

What are you cooking? "Asia" covers the majority of the world's population and hundreds upon hundreds of cuisines.

Mostly Japanese-style dishes. Definitely not authentic stuff as I can't get the ingredients where I am.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

TychoCelchuuu posted:

What sort? Japan uses tofu for like a million different things.

Firmer tofu, I suppose. I really hadn't thought too much about what tofu I was looking to replace, it was more of a general question. Thanks for being so thorough, you're putting more thought into the question than I did.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Seconding Teff Love. It's a great Ethiopian cookbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

If you're still looking for ideas for sauerkraut, try Sauerkraut schupfnudeln. The dish is both hearty and delicious. There are several vegan variations out there that replace the traditional bacon with mushroom or tofu.

This is the first English result I found. Most schupfnubeln recipes are in German, strangely.

https://biancazapatka.com/en/vegan-potato-noodles-german-schupfnudeln/