Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Zenithe posted:

I made some Mujaddara, which was actually pretty bad. I made it with brown rice instead of white, but I was amazed how little flavour was in it.

1 cup rice
1 1/2 cups green lentils
Cumin, Allspice, Cinnamon, Turmeric, salt and pepper
Caramelised onions both in the dish and used as a garnish.

There is a version of this recipe which owns, but that was not the one I made tonight. If anyone has had some success with this I'd love the recipe.

Your recipe is pretty similar to mine. I don't think of it as a super flavorful dish, more of a nice side/base to accompany something else, but I'm happy with mine. Here's a couple differences:

I toss with some olive oil
I serve with a squeeze of lemon over it

Maybe try more salt? Or using a veggie broth/bullion to cook your rice/lentils in? Adjust the spice proportions? Aside from the salt and pepper those are all pretty earthy spices to go along with the earthy lentils, so maybe adding some lemon would help brighten it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
My brain is so dead today - figuring out what to make for dinner seems like an impossible task. All I know is that I've got two sweet potatoes I need to use, it needs to be vegan, and feed two people.

I'm pretty well stocked on pantry stuff but I'm out of all other produce. I can buy any ingredients or fresh produce that can be found at a small Mexican grocery store.

I'm bored of what I usually make with sweet potatoes. My usuals are: sweet chipotle "chili" , or sweet potato black bean tacos, or sweet potato hash. But even if you suggest something along those lines, I'd be happy if I could just think of a way to make it a little different or more special than what I usually do. I'm just in a brain-dead rut! Any ideas?

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Lord Stimperor posted:

Also, i wouldn't ever have thought to put hummus on noodles.

Best easiest lazy dish. I'll second that you should do this. Even better is if you have some fresh herbs handy to rip up and throw on top.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Any advice for dining vegan in Madrid?