Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Sorry for trolling, I'm not even playing a game.
Sounds like you're playing games... with our hearts.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

drat.... (shaking head at having got trolled)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

:eyepop:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just got a new gaming rig. Should I spend my weekend on Mordor, or Witcher 2 in prep for Witcher 3?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

frank.club posted:

dead space one is the way tilted to the horror side over action. It's great. My tip is to play with the music sfx turned all the way down. This eliminates the musical cues when necros pop out of vents

the dead space music is badass though

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

surc posted:

Just got a new gaming rig. Should I spend my weekend on Mordor, or Witcher 2 in prep for Witcher 3?

mordor is a good game and I find the witcher series pretty underwhelming. either way, go with god gamer

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SM64Guy posted:

the dead space music is badass though

True. Save it for a ng+ run

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

True. Save it for a ng+ run

save which one, the music or the jump scares

Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act posted:

how come? no unique mechanisms, no cool historical insight, or is it just kinda bland and generic?

the battles were ok but the overworld stuff got extremely pointless and insanely bland after awhile. i think i liked it but honestly youre probably not missing much if you give it a pass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I played that game too. Super bland and boring overworld stuff. Battles were kind of fun but it seemed like for most of them I was just insanely and brutally murdering natives with pike and shot.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

save which one, the music or the jump scares

music.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Game on gamers.
No diggity. No doubt.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait until the ps4 version of mordor gets cheap because I really liked the PS3 version but it was incredibly buggy and janky as gently caress.

Should I buy star ocean 2 or symphony of the night

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Benny D posted:

yes

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Benny D posted:

Are you being forced to choose? You should play both

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

I can't wait until the ps4 version of mordor gets cheap because I really liked the PS3 version but it was incredibly buggy and janky as gently caress.

it depends on what type of game you want to play right now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
symphony of the night is a better game than star ocean 2

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Benny D posted:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

rediscover posted:

symphony of the night is a better game than

everything

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
should I play a game?

I'm not sure if now's the right time, i want it to be special.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
hmmm, what game is it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
there's different types of games? oh god...oh man i knew i wasnt ready, oh no....nevermind im sorry for wasting your time like this i'l try again later

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Should I play the newer Close Combat gaems?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Neurolimal posted:

there's different types of games? oh god...oh man i knew i wasnt ready, oh no....nevermind im sorry for wasting your time like this i'l try again later

don't worry my friend there's a game out there for everyone :lovewcc:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

3DS Samurai Warriors or MH4U? I'm a Musou Fan but I dunno how good the port is.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

monster hunter's the best game ever made imo, go with that

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I love musous games too but theyre a dime a dozen whereas monster hunter is a unique gaming experience so I'd prolly go with it cause there will be another musou game in a month

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I love musous games too but theyre a dime a dozen whereas monster hunter is a unique gaming experience so I'd prolly go with it cause there will be another musou game in a month

Yeah, dragon quest musou, and it's going to pwn.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

Yeah but there's MHX lurking...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Yeah but there's MHX lurking...

we probably won't get that in the west until bare minimum 2017 and 4u's really good, get that imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

don't get me wrong i loving love musou but i honestly think monster hunter's the best game series ever

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if were being honest with ourselves, when picking between a musou game or a monster hunter game there really isnt a wrong answer imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
monster hunter is great and you can easily sink an entire evening into hunting, especially if you are hunting with friends.

that being said, musou games are fun mindless games. you cant go wrong with either one.

• Locked thread