Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
This is quite nice to watch, though the retro levels give me eyestrain, and nothing gives me eyestrain, it's weird.

Also, I don't like how there is no music there. Super Meat Boy had great 8-bit style tunes for its retro levels, I guess bit.trip is already 8 bit (?), but complete silence is jarring in what's supposedly a rhythm game...
You could fill it with commentary ;).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Good lord those minecarts in the background are disgusting - I must have missed at least 5 meteors that moved precisely alongside them. Their speed is too synched, and the carts are too big - I didn't even realize that they were in the background at first!

Some of the jumping sequences later in the video were quite beautiful, though. I feel like this can only get better and better!

And echoing the complaints about the score system - it makes zero sense except for a cheap "numbers big" gratification, which immediately becomes laughable parody considering how big the numbers are.

• Locked thread