Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Wugga posted:

Tenacity is also a lot more pleasing to the eye, which is why I probably didn't get tired of it so quickly.

It's probably just my red-green colour blindness, but this entire zone really hurts my eyes. The colours bleed into one another, confuse and tire my eyes, and the flickering fireballs make me nauseous. Runner 2 has also a zone like that, only in red. Gaijin hates me, I think.

unpronounceable posted:

Even with a bad interface though, I think it fundamentally fails as a rhythm game because it demands the player be off sync with the music and sound cues. Whenever you collect, jump over, slide under, or kick something, it plays a sound cue to make some kind of melody with the background track. The problem is that you can't jump, slide, or kick to that rhythm because if you do, you're already done for. So instead, you play trying to keep the tempo in mind, but needing to deliberately ignore the "intended" timing.

The rhythm game aspect of Runner is different from other games, but I still think it fits. I always felt it was a bit like playing the guitar. Most rhythm games expect you to do the picking, but Runner expects you to grab the chords in time. You're always a bit ahead, so the sound doesn't get mangled.

And More fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Glazius posted:

Still keeping the flame burning for this one.

I do like that the game gives you an option to go perfect runs only, even if that means endless parades of replaying levels.

I wish it gave you the option to practice isolated sections of the level. That's what I'd do with a difficult song, too. Playing all the stuff you already know by heart over and over is a bit pointless.

• Locked thread