Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Post 9-11 User posted:

I felt like Blade went for cheap shocks and wasn't very well filmed. Let's be serious, either Watchmen, V For Vendetta or Sin City are the best comic book movies.

Scratch that, "Punisher: Dirty Laundry" is the best comic book movie that will ever be made and it's ten minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Sin City is the single most boring comic book movie because it's literally just recreating panels from the comic. None of this is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also how dare you make this thread without telling me motherfucker

Tenzarin posted:

That sounds so much better than him being filled up with some magic vampire exploding drug that turns him into a CGI Blob that explodes.

Uh but then you wouldn't get the greatest line in the history of cinema followed by Blade spinkicking a syringe into Frost's head.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

A Blade film could be super interesting in the modern context of police brutality, distrust of government, hyper-connectivity and media saturation, etc. but given that Marvel is very much set in their ways as far as how movies are structured and the tone there's not much hope for something that really stands out.

You realize Marvel was also behind the Kick-rear end movies right? There's room for htem to do some wild poo poo that isn't directly tied into the MCU, especially since Blade operates on a whole other plane from the Avengers (much like how Daredevil and the Street Level Shows are set in the same universe but barely reference it)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fatherboxx posted:

They were not, the original comic was published under Marvel's creator-owned imprint, and few years later Mark Millar took it elsewhere.

Thanks for the education on things I was already more than aware of, guy.

I was referring to the production company, which for some reason I thought was another division of Marvel Studios. I'm well aware of the history of the comic that chronicles Mark Millar dealing with the fact that he is Mark Millar, the man writing Mark Millar comics, though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hakkesshu posted:

gently caress, Steve Dillon is the wooooooorst

Get loving wrecked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zombies' Downfall posted:

mediocre films like Blade.

Reported for heresy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My favorite non-badass line in the movie is easily when Whistler's telling Karen about the vampire that killed his wife and kids. "He tried to make me choose" is such a great line that implies so much. I want that movie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Justin Godscock posted:

I'll go so far as to say he was an excellent cast as Sabretooth and a highlight of Origins. Tyler Mane was only cast because he was a big dude who used to be a professional wrestler so I don't even think of him.

A professional wrestler who wrestled in Japan as Skywalker Nitron (it was either that or Blade Bushmaster, Skywalker Nitron's tag partner. I Never remember which one he was)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Blade: Trinity would have been a great movie if, in the first scene, the vampires don't uncover Dracula, they uncover Malak.

Just an unknowable eating machine. An insane whirlwind of teeth that create storm clouds that rain blood so that he and his followers may walk in the day. poo poo, you don't kill the elders. You have to survive their onslaught until they get tired and meld back into the earth.

Hi I need a source for this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

revdrkevind posted:

Speaking of Vampire, wasn't the whole impetus of Requiem initially just trying to make a vampire universe that wasn't completely generic so it would be easier to sue?

World of Darkness already existed, people just really fuckin wanted to play as vampires.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mr. stefan posted:

Not really, its more that the whole system became horribly unbalanced and the fluff had turned in on itself into an ouroburos of self-referencing doggerel. If anything New World is more generic since they axed a couple of the more famous/interesting bloodlines in the switch over.

Oh yeah I had them flipped MY BAD

New World was them moving away from a metaplot and into a general "here's cool poo poo, slot it in wherever" toolbox approach

New World is way more dope to read the books as a result

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

The old WoD didn't have bloodlines like the WWI-poison gas vampires, and that's one of the most normal Requiem bloodlines.

it was, however, way more fuckin racist

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Blade Chat:

Blade first appeared in Spider-Man, correct?
Spidey is getting a reboot in Civil War.
The Web Slinger will probably get his own movie again under Marvel if things go well.

I'm just saying, some Peter Parkers are always trying to sling web uphill.

Inzombiac posted:

Marvel is absolutely killing F4 as much as they can outside of the movies to tank interest so they can buy it back at a discount.

You're on a roll with stupid poo poo to say about comics.

Marvel's not tanking their oldest book, the one that laid the foundation for the company as we know it, to buy back the movie rights to a property that everyone expects the movies to be lovely. This is nothing more than a stupid conspiracy theory that some dipshit put forth. It's way less likely than the already not too credible theory that the reason the F4 book got canceled is because the terms of the deal hosed Marvel hard and anything that debuted in an F4 book after the deal went through was included in the deal or some insane poo poo

Really, the book just got canceled becaues they couldn't turn people around on it. It's been in a slump since Hickman left because they haven't found someone who can really do the family thing justice, at least not with the team themselves (Fraction did fine on FF for example but not on the main book)

Who the gently caress even came on after Hickman? fake edit oh that was when the fraction run started. Yeah they just really haven't been able to get a good run on that book in the last three years, that's all this is. Hickman's run was incredibly well received.

real edit if Marvel was actually out to tank F4 and didn't just cancel it because it had two bad runs and there was no point trying for a third right as they were gearing up for the reboot, they wouldn't have put Matt Fraction, who was a Hot New Name for a good minute at Marvel and was, at the time that book came out, getting rave reviews for his Hawkeye run with Aja, with Mark Bagley on art, and James "I wrote fuckin Starman" Robinson on those runs. They would've been like uh hmm let's make this run tank like, Daniel Way get in here and churn out some awful bullshit, and we'll get Rob Liefeld to do art.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 19, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fat Lou posted:

So, um Blade.

I like the part with the ice skates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747