Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Fat Lou posted:

Part 2: Blood Rave 0:02:05-0:11:00

You missed the part where a random female vampire attacks him and he takes a moment to hit her in the crotch with his shotgun before shooting her. Just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Now critically analyse it.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Fat Lou posted:

Racquel is clearly the primary sexual force in the opening of the movie and hypersexuality is one of the primary characterizations that make up Frost's subsection of the vampire nation. What Blade is doing is neutering her with his first hit and killing her with the gunshot. Critically speaking he is attacking the sexuality of the vampires, with his phallic gun, in order to weaken and kill them proving that his raw sexuality is superior and not to be trifled with. It is not unlike many blacksploitation movies, in line with Shaft, where the main character is thought of being completely unmatched in terms of his sexually and physically strength.

Is that good enough for just waking up?

Sorry for the slow updates my week has been interesting. Hopefully part three will be up tonight.

:golfclap:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

I can never decide which is my favourite line out of that, "some mother fuckers always trying to ice skate up hill" or "catch you fuckers at a bad time?"

The silent 'what the fuuuuck?' during the end fight is also amazingly delivered.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Ignore the fact I have no idea what it means to be "born a vampire" or how that would work,

Two vampires have sex and make a vampire baby - pure blood.

Vampire that was originally human and was 'turned' - not pure blood, AKA Frost.

Blade is kinda neither, because he was born a vampire but not as a result of two vampires having a child.

• Locked thread