Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
This thread made me go back and rewatch Blade for the first time in years, and I was honestly surprised at how well it had held up.

I can't wait until you get to the part where Blade brutalizes a bleeding and unarmed police officer in the middle of a crowded street and no-one does anything about it. Actually, that seems to be kind of a recurring theme in this movie- bystanders just completely oblivious to what's going on around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Neo Rasa posted:

What happened? Was this when he got busted?

No, this was in relation to a lawsuit with New Line Cinema

"In a suit filed in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, Snipes alleges that in violation of his contract, the director, screenplay and supporting cast of “Blade: Trinity” were forced on him. He also claims he’s still owed a portion of his fee and that he was harassed and defamed because of his race. New Line declined to comment.
Goyer penned all three “Blade” scripts. According to the complaint, however, Snipes had concerns about him directing the third film in the trilogy and was not informed until six weeks before filming began that Goyer would direct. Similarly, he was not given an opportunity to object to the “juvenile level of humor” in the screenplay and the change in focus from the Blade character to two sidekicks. Snipes claims the real purpose of “Blade III” was to set the stage for spinoffs featuring other cast members."

http://variety.com/2005/biz/markets-festivals/snipes-throwing-legal-blade-at-trinity-team-1117921445/

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
In blade 2 you have that old wrinkly rear end vampire boss

I've just assumed they live for a very long time, not an eternal ageless existence

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I haven't watched it since it came out, but I was disappointed at the time. I seem to recall the second movie losing a lot of its horror vibe and that's a big part of what makes hellboy, hellboy

• Locked thread