Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Onmi posted:

At least an LMS would be a good match. Like Cena's never had a bad LMS, and Kevin Owens is amazing.

I don't care. I've seen this movie happen too many times. It's no longer worth the good match to watch someone get the gently caress buried out of them after it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wow, it really didn't take long for the curse to kick in.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Must watch. Surprised this got approved by the production people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZarLMgUfc

I like how you can see the one production guy in the background just going about his business

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

In retrospect it's amazing they managed to have him around for 2 months before he started to look like poo poo.

Most people get booked that way in a month, month and a half tops.

Even Bo had the streak

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Onmi posted:

At least an LMS would be a good match. Like Cena's never had a bad LMS, and Kevin Owens is amazing.

That LMS with Bray was bad although I know many disagree an

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Thauros posted:

That LMS with Bray was bad although I know many disagree an

is that the one where john cena threw rings steps directly into bray wyatts face from inside the ring because that was rad as all hell

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's also the one where Cena used Duct Tape to tie Batista's feet to the ringpost. That sucked.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
LMS matches suck almost universally.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Page 4 is so young and yet so full of bad opinions.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Korelle posted:

Page 4 is so young and yet so full of bad opinions.

Let's go page 4

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's also the one where Cena used Duct Tape to tie Batista's feet to the ringpost. That sucked.

it was in fact cool and good

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Let's go page 4

Really? Fine.

Page four sucks... :sigh:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Onmi posted:

That is amazing. Can't wait to hear how someone finds it problematic.

That'll happen much sooner than someone finding this post in any way funny or insightful

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Do you guys really expect Owens to dominate the whole feud and then also win clean again? Because that not happening doesn't mean he's being buried.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The fundraiser to get Kane new gear which resulted in the most generic red pants ever.

Looks like Kane went to Pants'n'at.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will laugh at the quickest Cena feeding ever. Amazing talent comes up, wins then WWE freaks out and talent is forever in a post Cena phase. Owens is gonna be what Russev is now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Was watching Botchamania and Darren Young was talking about the worst bump he took. It was on original NXT against Wade Barrett. He crotched himself on the top rope and ruined his balls because he had never been taught how to take that bump. WWE put a man on national TV who hadn't even been taught how to properly protect his balls.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Owens is going to win. I don't really see the storyline playing out with him losing. Especially now that he lost the NXT title.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

bradzilla posted:

Do you guys really expect Owens to dominate the whole feud and then also win clean again? Because that not happening doesn't mean he's being buried.
I expect something more coherent than what we got last night. Owens has been showing no fear and gives no fucks, then suddenly this poo poo.

Owens: I lost my belt and now I want yours more than ever, right here, RIGHT NOW!
Cesaro: ...but I also want the belt.
Owens: Okay Mr. Cesaro, of course Mr. Cesaro. *slinks away*

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

The sight of Brock pulling out an axe was epic...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

I expect something more coherent than what we got last night. Owens has been showing no fear and gives no fucks, then suddenly this poo poo.

Owens: I lost my belt and now I want yours more than ever, right here, RIGHT NOW!
Cesaro: ...but I also want the belt.
Owens: Okay Mr. Cesaro, of course Mr. Cesaro. *slinks away*

*comes back out 2 seconds after Cesaro's pinned*
*gets hit with finisher 10 seconds later*

"but why do people think this makes me look like a chump, i dun gettit"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Seriously.

Would it have been too much to ask for Cesaro to come out with security, say something about how he was cheated out of his match, and have Owens dragged out?

Even cutting Owens getting AA'd at the end would've been better. What was the point?

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

If I saw Brock Lesnar jump into the ring like that and a small flippy man like Sin Cara needs a trampoline to do the same, I'd loving run like hell too

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Man, if "burials" and "looking like poo poo" are defined the way some of you seem to define them, there's only like ten people in wrestling history that were booked well.

I thought the Owens stuff made sense last night. He's been the "show no fear, give no fucks" rear end in a top hat heel because he was already a champion and thus could not be denied as a great talent. However, now that he lost the NXT title he's off his game and in desperation mode. It's not like the AA he took even put him down for a second either, he was up and staring a hole through Cena from the ramp immediately after. It was just to show that he's vulnerable when he's rattled. The Owens-Cena feud so far is: Owens stands tall over Cena for weeks on Raw, Owens pins Cena clean on PPV, Owens continues to look strong in rematch build, Cena wins by hitting three AAs, Owens immediately brutalizes him, Owens shows some weakness heading into the rubber match. How could that possibly be considered as Owens looking like poo poo?

Count me as another who is 99% certain Owens is winning the belt at Battleground, and that 1% of doubt is purely "Vince might have a last-second inexplicable change of heart."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Faustian Bargain posted:

Seriously.

Would it have been too much to ask for Cesaro to come out with security, say something about how he was cheated out of his match, and have Owens dragged out?

Even cutting Owens getting AA'd at the end would've been better. What was the point?

Cena gotta look strong. Cena already took his designated yearly clean loss, so he's not losing at Battleground.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

How could that possibly be considered as Owens looking like poo poo?
Why does he care that Cesaro wants the match instead? Why didn't he just try to beat the poo poo out of him, something that would be in character, instead of bow out and run away, something that is out of character? He lost his belt so now he's a coward?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I could see letting Cesaro have the shot at it or whatever, Owens doesn't fight for free.

But him getting hit with an AA right after Cena's supposedly brutal match was dumb and bad.

Edit: And it looks like Punk was right for hating Jared from Subway. What isn't that guy right about?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 7, 2015

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why does he care that Cesaro wants the match instead? Why didn't he just try to beat the poo poo out of him, something that would be in character, instead of bow out and run away, something that is out of character? He lost his belt so now he's a coward?

Because he already has a match for the title, doesn't necessarily think Cesaro can beat Cena, and (as in the past) is more than comfortable doing a post-match beatdown instead. He's nothing if not opportunistic, so when there was an unimpeded path to a title match that night he was going to take it. Cesaro showing up made it more trouble than it was worth, as he would either have to fight Cesaro and Cena in succession or at the same time, since it stands to reason that Cena wouldn't have just stood there while Owens beat up Cesaro.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

But him getting hit with an AA right after Cena's supposedly brutal match was dumb and bad.

I mean, he had just hit an AA seconds earlier and Owens came at him head-on. If anything Owens should have waited a minute or so longer for the adrenaline to start to wear off.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

doesn't necessarily think Cesaro can beat Cena, and (as in the past)
Just last week he interfered because Cesaro had Cena beat :confused:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The only real sign I see for Owens winning is that Battleground is a nothing PPV with Summerslam up next.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Why would Owen's want to win a belt on RAW? It's nowhere near a big enough show for him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

Owens looked like a loving chump last night. What in the hell are they thinking?

They can only book heels as chickenshits. They just don't know how else to do it. Each character comes in unique and they slowly morph them into a character that is identical to everyone else.

One of the cool things about heel Brock was that he was not booked as the typical WWE heel.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also Shield, who wanted to fight the world at every turn. Of course if Ambrose was right, they only narrowly avoided Cenaland, at which point they very well probably would have become chickenshits.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Speaking of heels, the NWO is 19 years old today. Happy birthday, giant heel faction.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Faustian Bargain posted:

Seriously.

Faking out Cena and doing what he wouldn't expect, even going against what he stated, has been his entire thing. If you didn't figure that he allowed Cesaro to have his match without a fuss so he could later try to blind side Cena, then you haven't been paying attention. Or, like many others, you are being disingenuous, and are voicing your displeasure that Owens isn't looking like a dominant forever-champ in a way that doesn't make you sound stupid, and failing to do so.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I could see letting Cesaro have the shot at it or whatever, Owens doesn't fight for free.

Edit: And it looks like Punk was right for hating Jared from Subway. What isn't that guy right about?

That was the part that was dumb as poo poo. I can buy him backing down from Cesaro if it's his plan to set up the run in later. But when the run-in on a guy who just had a 30 minute drag out match is effortlessly countered, it makes him look completely ineffective.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

is it that time for the weekly announcement of how this raw had one of the worst non-holiday ratings since 1997?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jonny Nox posted:

Why would Owen's want to win a belt on RAW? It's nowhere near a big enough show for him.

Well that part I get. He wants to immediately erase the humiliation of losing the NXT title, and what better way than to beat Cena and take the US title ASAP.

His pride overrides his desire to fight on a bigger show for bigger money for his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because kevin owens is mad at john cena and also a hypocrite and liar and generally mean bad person

• Locked thread