Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kevin owens is, in fact, a heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

because kevin owens is mad at john cena and also a hypocrite and liar and generally mean bad person

Hey now that is going too far man. Kevin Owens is good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Geez, if you guys hated facts any more, I'd say you would quit watching altogether once Reigns gets his world title win, but you'd probably just deny that too

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who's denying what

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
What a father!
*clap clap clapclapclap*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Speaking of heels, the NWO is 19 years old today. Happy birthday, giant heel faction.

Happy birthday, only time in America in the last 3 decades Hogan's been interesting :woop:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

is it that time for the weekly announcement of how this raw had one of the worst non-holiday ratings since 1997?

They announced Kane wouldn't be there at the start of the show, they'll be lucky if the get 3 million this week.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

rovert posted:

Must watch. Surprised this got approved by the production people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZarLMgUfc

LOOL, they managed to take her corpsing at them into something that works for the gimmick.

Also Was not expecting a Fetty Wap song to be sung but I love New Day.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dexo posted:

LOOL, they managed to take her corpsing at them into something that works for the gimmick.
How come the people who are the best at being awesome go absolutely nowhere?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They were lucky to have died against Brock in Japan days ago, that's more than anybody thought they'd be used months ago

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Tall poppy syndrome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

is it that time for the weekly announcement of how this raw had one of the worst non-holiday ratings since 1997?

Did it actually or are you just making a joke?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Faking out Cena and doing what he wouldn't expect, even going against what he stated, has been his entire thing. If you didn't figure that he allowed Cesaro to have his match without a fuss so he could later try to blind side Cena, then you haven't been paying attention. Or, like many others, you are being disingenuous, and are voicing your displeasure that Owens isn't looking like a dominant forever-champ in a way that doesn't make you sound stupid, and failing to do so.
It was pretty clear that he was going to do a run-in at the end, no disputing that. Why even come out and say "I want this match right now" if his whole plan was to attack Cena at the end? Was his plan to back down from Cesaro to lure Cena into a false sense of security? That is pretty idiotic.

Owens doesn't need to be a dominant forever-champ to be compelling. I just want things to happen that make sense :shobon:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

last night's match was briefly interrupted when Ryback and Big Show noticed a spider on the turnbuckle

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everblight posted:

How come the people who are the best at being awesome go absolutely nowhere?

John Cena sees them, and ruins their careers.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Faustian Bargain posted:

It was pretty clear that he was going to do a run-in at the end, no disputing that. Why even come out and say "I want this match right now" if his whole plan was to attack Cena at the end? Was his plan to back down from Cesaro to lure Cena into a false sense of security? That is pretty idiotic.

Owens doesn't need to be a dominant forever-champ to be compelling. I just want things to happen that make sense :shobon:

That's like the third time he came out expressly for a US title match and then changed his mind.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He came out for a title match, Cesaro came out and he decided it was now more trouble that it was worth

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Intruder posted:

He came out for a title match, Cesaro came out and he decided it was now more trouble that it was worth

That makes sense, but to me it would have been better if Owens had some kind of smarmy comment before leaving. Basically saying "gently caress it, you two can kill each other and I'll pick the bones at the PPV"

As it was, it felt like he was slinking off like a coward and I don't really need another chickenshit heel

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That's like the third time he came out expressly for a US title match and then changed his mind.

And do you (meaning Faustian Bargain) seriously not see why this would gently caress with Cena's head? He's playing headgames with Cena.

Intruder posted:

Also this. He wasn't running from Cesaro like a coward, why should Owens as a character argue with Cesaro when he's already got a title match locked up?

triplexpac posted:

That makes sense, but to me it would have been better if Owens had some kind of smarmy comment before leaving. Basically saying "gently caress it, you two can kill each other and I'll pick the bones at the PPV"

As it was, it felt like he was slinking off like a coward and I don't really need another chickenshit heel

For a forum that craves subtlety there's a lot that goes missed by some people. Owens' facial expressions said that just fine.

VVVVVVV Dammit Intruder

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 7, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Then you get complaints about the WWE treating its audience like idiots who can't read subtext

e: I very much do not like the "This is what I am doing and this is my motivation for doing so which I am now saying out loud" form of storytelling that seems to dominate wrestling so I like the way KO lets his actions speak for him for the most part

I mean obviously you have to have SOME of that for kids and the like. I don't know, I like KO

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 7, 2015

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Dexo posted:

Also Was not expecting a Fetty Wap song to be sung but I love New Day.

Now watch them whip

Now watch them nae nae

http://gfycat.com/GrimyFavoriteAzurevase

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
After numerous guest trainer stints Scrapdaddy joined the NXT staff full time:
https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/618469408034410496

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also Nikki Storm and Hikaru Shida received tryouts in Japan while WWE was up there. So hopefully they are looking for people to replace Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and Becky for the NXT women's division

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Also Nikki Storm and Hikaru Shida received tryouts in Japan while WWE was up there. So hopefully they are looking for people to replace Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and Becky for the NXT women's division

There's rumours about a lot of other people. Besides those two Makoto is "90%" confirmed as being at that tryout too. William Regal, Funaki and in part Nikki Storm oversaw the tryout.

Makoto and Shida should give an insight into the "type" they are looking for. They've been wanting a Joshi for a while. I've heard zero about any males trying out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sasha Banks made her Periscope debut offering to do a Q&A. No one asked her a question just comment after comment of "SASHA!" and "QUEEN!"

So she gave up after 2 minutes. Wasn't watching live so I couldn't ask her to shoot on Del Rey.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

There's rumours about a lot of other people. Besides those two Makoto is "90%" confirmed as being at that tryout too. William Regal, Funaki and in part Nikki Storm oversaw the tryout.

Makoto and Shida should give an insight into the "type" they are looking for. They've been wanting a Joshi for a while. I've heard zero about any males trying out.

NXT will give us 20 minutes of women squalling at each other and stiffing the gently caress out of each other within the next year. That's good until YOSHIKO caves in the Tough Enough winner's skull.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I saw a lot of people really upset about whatever happened to Owens at the end of Raw, and I finally saw the clip and it was... Cena avoiding his ambush and driving him away with the AA?

I'm really confused. Owens has bushwhacked Cena like six times, why is it so outrageous he would fight back once? Is it because Owens ran away when his ambush failed? Because if people are bothered by that I'm not sure they've ever seen any of Kevin Owen's matches or angles on NXT. He runs away when he loses the upper hand all the time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I saw a lot of people really upset about whatever happened to Owens at the end of Raw, and I finally saw the clip and it was... Cena avoiding his ambush and driving him away with the AA?

I'm really confused. Owens has bushwhacked Cena like six times, why is it so outrageous he would fight back once? Is it because Owens ran away when his ambush failed? Because if people are bothered by that I'm not sure they've ever seen any of Kevin Owen's matches or angles on NXT. He runs away when he loses the upper hand all the time.

put down the shovel, jeez

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sanguinia posted:

It probably has something to do with Cena effortlessly besting Owens seconds after an extremely grueling match that he barely won.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

rovert posted:

Sasha Banks made her Periscope debut offering to do a Q&A. No one asked her a question just comment after comment of "SASHA!" and "QUEEN!"

That's surprisingly tame given the Internet. But then again if she was only on for two minutes she might just have avoided the ascii dick posts.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Cena is stronger and better and also more cool than Kevin Owens so it makes sense that he can clown this fat man as well as the last ones.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

rovert posted:

After numerous guest trainer stints Scrapdaddy joined the NXT staff full time:
https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/618469408034410496

I thought this had already happened months ago after he retired from the ring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I thought this had already happened months ago after he retired from the ring.

He was on but not full-time then

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Owens is fine, and he has lots of potential feuds when he does win the title.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's weird that the PPV isn't this Sunday, it was like the perfect go home show for Seth/Brock and Cena/Owens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It's weird that the PPV isn't this Sunday, it was like the perfect go home show for Seth/Brock and Cena/Owens

Nah, Seth and Owens need to stand tall so you know they are Not Winning at the PPV

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Embarrassing.

rovert posted:

So she gave up after 2 minutes. Wasn't watching live so I couldn't ask her to shoot on Del Rey.

Embarrassing.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

rovert posted:

I saw some questions pop up during it but I think they were lost in all of the "YASSSSS QUEEN" comments so I don't blame her for missing them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Did these leaked Commentator-In-Traning notes get posted? They're kinda interesting: http://imgur.com/a/NW1WG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I imagine those are pretty well-known by this point, but the :ironicat: "Less is more" note was still funny.

• Locked thread