Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I found that on Facebook, on the 501st Legion's page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Co-worker told me about uprising, found this and decided to give it a go.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Any recommendations for getting into the Top 2% in Conflicts? I feel like I need to be on my phone once every 20 minutes to gain enough points

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Keep your resource banks low so you don't get attacked as much and just keep getting stars. It helps to grind it right before the event ends so you know you're where you need to be with ~30 mins left.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Why do people keep attacking, don't they know I just want to build a pretty space base? :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So do they, I imagine. The prettiest base costs.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Started this morning, signed up for R2D2Poors and I already blew up a rebel base.

:feelsgood:

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Decided to come back to the Game. Holy crap things look new!

In as Man Called M in Womprats.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I sent an app to R2D2Poor. Arrg ingame. This is pretty fun, I never enjoyed Clash of Clans that much but the Star Wars aesthetic has me hooked.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I'm currently in the top .44% for this event. I'm really hoping that I can maintain it and unlock Shock Trooper.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm currently in the top .44% for this event. I'm really hoping that I can maintain it and unlock Shock Trooper.
If you maintain that standing, you will unlock the Rocket Trooper as Lvl 1 but can level them via further top 2% victories in future conflicts that feature the Rocket Trooper

DarkRaziel420
Jul 5, 2008
I finally got a not lovely phone and found this game. It's fun. I applied to R2D2 as Lucretia.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I managed to finish in the top .21% and got my Shock Troopers!

:L
Oct 28, 2004

DarkRaziel420 posted:

I finally got a not lovely phone and found this game. It's fun. I applied to R2D2 as Lucretia.

I think I rejected your application because I thought you were a random pubbie. My bad, apply again and say something goony and you'll be accepted.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I managed to finish in the top .21% and got my Shock Troopers!

How in the hell did you get seventeen thousand points? Just how much were you playing?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Asmodai_00 posted:

How in the hell did you get seventeen thousand points? Just how much were you playing?

I went on an anime watching spree and its really easy to just send out an attack every ~8 minutes. I was actually really shocked I was able to crack 2% since my HQ is only level 4. I'm assuming the player base isn't huge because of that.

I managed to get like 1.5% the first 6 hours and after that I'd just send out 10-20 attacks a day. Not much effort really. The biggest problem was eventually my medal count was throwing me against really hard bases and I'd have to cycle through bases until I found something I could beat.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

At the lower levels, its certainly easier to crack the top percentiles. If you werent in any hurry Id certainly recommend everything, especially turrets, to their highest achievable level prior to upgrading the HQ. I actually struggled to crack the top league on Tatoine at HQ7, and Ive not even gotten close in other conflicts on Hoth or Er'Kit.

Im pretty bad, though

DarkRaziel420
Jul 5, 2008

:L posted:

I think I rejected your application because I thought you were a random pubbie. My bad, apply again and say something goony and you'll be accepted.

I tried to reapply, but it said the group was full even though it had it listed as 25/30?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Moreau posted:

At the lower levels, its certainly easier to crack the top percentiles. If you werent in any hurry Id certainly recommend everything, especially turrets, to their highest achievable level prior to upgrading the HQ. I actually struggled to crack the top league on Tatoine at HQ7, and Ive not even gotten close in other conflicts on Hoth or Er'Kit.

Im pretty bad, though

This is definitely a good tip. I rushed to HQ7 for snipers/droids and there's a noticeable difference if you don't upgrade completely or near completely as you go.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Starships just got a pretty big buff, making them actually useful again. Which is good, needing to use 3 to take out 1 turret was really loving annoying.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I picked this up a little while ago, and have two questions:

1) Now that I'm at HQ4, resources and time are becoming much bigger barriers than they were before, what should I prioritize upgrading at each level first?

2) Does anyone have any suggestions for troop compositions? I was using AT-STs a lot, but now that I'm running into rocket turrets, they are not nearly as effective as they were against the low level (and probably inactive player) bases. I've been mixing in dewback troopers and shadow troopers, but I'm rarely taking out bases 100% anymore unless I use squad snipers or run into a really poorly put together base.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'd go for turret and troop upgrades first. I used to run shadow troopers as cannon fodder and then drop multiple AT-ATs with repair droids, that usually gave me enough time to pop the shields and then the AT-ATs do their thing. It really depends on the type of base you're attacking.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Palleon posted:

1) Now that I'm at HQ4, resources and time are becoming much bigger barriers than they were before, what should I prioritize upgrading at each level first?

2) Does anyone have any suggestions for troop compositions? I was using AT-STs a lot, but now that I'm running into rocket turrets, they are not nearly as effective as they were against the low level (and probably inactive player) bases. I've been mixing in dewback troopers and shadow troopers, but I'm rarely taking out bases 100% anymore unless I use squad snipers or run into a really poorly put together base.

I'm currently at lvl6.

Upgrade units, followed by the barracks or shuttles and factories. Judge if the heroes command is worth it based on the hero you get. Don't rush too hard at upgrading the towers. You're not likely to successfully defend more than once in a row anyway and from what I hear the matchmaking is partially based on your defenses. IE the higher your defenses are the more likely you're matched to higher level players. At that level I actually upgraded my ore and money makers fairly quick as well. Even if raiding is more efficient, logging in and getting enough money to upgrade something is nice. :shrug:

At lvl 4 and and especially lvl 5 you'll run into that problem as an imperial. I seem to recall mostly relying on loads of dark troopers and a few (1-2) dew back troopers to knock down the walls, while bringing the ATMP mk3 hero along for the ride. The normal ATMP is pretty good damage wise, but it will never do anything except kill the shields and die. So I don't recommend bringing it.
You can build ATAT's at level5, but it's not worth the effort at that troop capacity. The ATST does good damage, but it's stamina is terrible. I never bring it along anymore, I should probably experiment more with it since I'm relying more on the repair droids now.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

2poor4gems is still somewhat active, a small core group of players. We got space so come on by! We can give all sorts of tips and tons of snipers for your base

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

:L posted:

2poor4gems is still somewhat active, a small core group of players. We got space so come on by! We can give all sorts of tips and tons of snipers for your base

Yeah I joined nice and early and the snipers have been a big help for raids that go particularly badly.

I've been invaded only once in two weeks of playing. And won on the basis of 2 snipers popping out of my squad center and cleaning up the enemy team.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Palleon posted:

1) You're going to want to upgrade your alloy refineries as soon as you can. Anything related to defense requires alloy to upgrade, so it can get extremely annoying trying to build up enough when grinding all or turret upgrades. Other than that, barracks and starship command (which I just remembered isn't available until HQ5, but keep it in mind) so your army can be up to date. And obviously the Research Lab to upgrade your units. Upgrades cost gold, but at the level you're at, it doesn't take much to keep your army up to date.

2) This is hard to answer at HQ4, because your problem of rocket turrets is best dealt with, as far as I'm concerned, with TIE Fighters, and you don't have those yet. Nor do you have AT-ATs yet to take out shield generators. Or snipers....yeah, I'm honestly not sure what a good troop set up is at HQ4. Basically, get to HQ5 as soon as you can. Also, I'm pretty sure at HQ4, Heroes aren't really worth a drat. I think the only two Imperial Heroes worth using are the Elite AT-AT and Vader, and you won't have them yet.

My method for attack is usually:

A) Deploy AT-AT to take out Shield Generators, with Stormtroopers to take turret fire, and a repair droid to keep him alive longer.
B) Once shields go down around rocket and mortar turrets, I drop TIE Defenders on them to take them out (especially rocket turrents), as well as a Mobile Heavy Cannon (Spider) because those suckers tear up turrets. At level 8 where I and most of my targets are, 2 attacks with a TIE Defender will take out a turret completely (or 2 turrets if they're right next to each other) and I can store 7 Defenders, so it does a number on their defenses.
C) Drop Snipers and Vader to rush the base (and occasionally one Stormtrooper at a far corner if the base owner is getting cute and putting one building in a corner to keep my from 100%).

Obviously, you can't use most of that, but as you get AT-ATs and Starships, I maintain it's a good general outline to take out shields and rocket turrets.

I see you're in R2D2Poor4Crystal, so keep asking for Snipes and we'll keep giving them. (Or Stormtroopers if you don't have room for Snipes). I have level 8's for pretty much everything, and will happily donate. Also, if you ever want something else, just ask for it (I don't think your squad center is large enough for an AT-AT, but myself, and I know other people in the squad, will build pretty much anything you want).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's unfortunate that I'm on WP. Windows users are on a different server. Otherwise I'd join.

thrawn527 posted:

1) You're going to want to upgrade your alloy refineries as soon as you can. Anything related to defense requires alloy to upgrade, so it can get extremely annoying trying to build up enough when grinding all or turret upgrades. Other than that, barracks and starship command (which I just remembered isn't available until HQ5, but keep it in mind) so your army can be up to date. And obviously the Research Lab to upgrade your units. Upgrades cost gold, but at the level you're at, it doesn't take much to keep your army up to date.

2) This is hard to answer at HQ4, because your problem of rocket turrets is best dealt with, as far as I'm concerned, with TIE Fighters, and you don't have those yet. Nor do you have AT-ATs yet to take out shield generators. Or snipers....yeah, I'm honestly not sure what a good troop set up is at HQ4. Basically, get to HQ5 as soon as you can. Also, I'm pretty sure at HQ4, Heroes aren't really worth a drat. I think the only two Imperial Heroes worth using are the Elite AT-AT and Vader, and you won't have them yet.

I found the VET ATMP to be surprisingly solid at lower levels. Mostly due to the massive HP pool it has compared to the VET ATST, but it's also pretty good at destroying shields. The problem is that the pathing on that thing is inexcusably terrible.
"Hold up, let me destroy these four sections of wall before I take out that rocket turret slightly to the left"
It combines well with dark troopers since it either draws all the fire away while those things get up close and personal or the reverse happens and the dark troopers die while the VATMP wrecks walls and turrets.
But yeah, after getting the EATAT I never looked back. :allears:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Good lord, it's been so long I don't even remember HQ4.

thrawn527 posted:

I see you're in R2D2Poor4Crystal, so keep asking for Snipes and we'll keep giving them. (Or Stormtroopers if you don't have room for Snipes). I have level 8's for pretty much everything, and will happily donate. Also, if you ever want something else, just ask for it (I don't think your squad center is large enough for an AT-AT, but myself, and I know other people in the squad, will build pretty much anything you want).

Including dewbacks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Asmodai_00 posted:

Good lord, it's been so long I don't even remember HQ4.

Including dewbacks.

Dewback awareness week starts again soon! :getin:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm building HQ5 now, 4 days to go...

I've been having better luck with turrets sending 6 dewbacks followed by 8 shadow troopers. They can clear most of what I'm facing. Bigger problem now is that it costs about 6k credits to build those forces, and I can't always raid that. (Even if I 100%) I'm guessing that will change as I keep moving up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Palleon posted:

I'm building HQ5 now, 4 days to go...

I've been having better luck with turrets sending 6 dewbacks followed by 8 shadow troopers. They can clear most of what I'm facing. Bigger problem now is that it costs about 6k credits to build those forces, and I can't always raid that. (Even if I 100%) I'm guessing that will change as I keep moving up.

That is normal and will change for HQ5. Going from 5 to 6 takes a week. :) This game is terrible in waiting times.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Seriously though just keep requesting snipers, I'm at that lovely point where I have to grind to 2 million credits just to upgrade an alloy refinery and lol if I'm actually going to do that in one sitting anymore.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I may have to delete this stupid game. I'm finding it impossible to save up the 45,000 contraband I need to upgrade my Droideka to level 9. I'll save up for a while, attacking, doing whatever I can to get close, then suddenly I get attacked by someone who's only goal is to get my contraband. So he targets the shields, which he takes out with amazing ease using some tank that 2 shots them away, and sends bombers after the contraband storage, dropping me down over 4,000. Then they stop the attack, so I don't even get a base wide shield. So then someone does it again. I just dropped almost 8,000 contraband in about 2 hours. This has happened 3 times in a row now, whenever I get close.

I have 3 fully upgraded (for me at HQ8) shields crisscrossing over the storage, and it's surrounded by rockets and mortars. It's the most well defended thing I have. And it might as well be completely undefended.

The game is alright, but it's basically a less well developed Clash of Clans, where they're actually done things to solve the resource problems inherent in games like this (letting you boost production, victories can grant you resources in a well protected treasury, no flying units that can't be targeted by any defenses, etc.). It's incredibly frustrating, and I may be near done with it.

Whatever, for now I'll keep on giving out lvl 8 snipers while I decide. Stupid game.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I may have to delete this stupid game. I'm finding it impossible to save up the 45,000 contraband I need to upgrade my Droideka to level 9. I'll save up for a while, attacking, doing whatever I can to get close, then suddenly I get attacked by someone who's only goal is to get my contraband. So he targets the shields, which he takes out with amazing ease using some tank that 2 shots them away, and sends bombers after the contraband storage, dropping me down over 4,000. Then they stop the attack, so I don't even get a base wide shield. So then someone does it again. I just dropped almost 8,000 contraband in about 2 hours. This has happened 3 times in a row now, whenever I get close.

I have 3 fully upgraded (for me at HQ8) shields crisscrossing over the storage, and it's surrounded by rockets and mortars. It's the most well defended thing I have. And it might as well be completely undefended.

The game is alright, but it's basically a less well developed Clash of Clans, where they're actually done things to solve the resource problems inherent in games like this (letting you boost production, victories can grant you resources in a well protected treasury, no flying units that can't be targeted by any defenses, etc.). It's incredibly frustrating, and I may be near done with it.

Whatever, for now I'll keep on giving out lvl 8 snipers while I decide. Stupid game.

I just finished the level 9 upgrade, and it took a solid hour or two of grind to get the contra for it. I'm about to write the droid off, actually, since the next step is 50k. That, or pour contra into the opressor droid I'll upgrade in 8-10 days or so.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Yes, it's a terrible game. It's made entirely to get you to spend money. I;m currently upgrading to lvl7, but I find myself playing it less and less because there's nothing to do.

I just had the best bug. The game wasn't registering that I finished the heroic defense so I kept getting the option to do it. :shepface: A crapload of Rancors and a few resources later I decided to call it a day.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Yeah, I'm at lv8, with fully upgraded alloy and credit generators, and it's tough to generate enough alloy/credits for upgrading my stuff. I've been focusing on bringing my defenses up, got all my turrets to at least level 7, but making it to 2mil to upgrade the HQ to 9 seems impossible.

I can win most attacks with 2+ stars, and usually my defenses hold well, but I just can't play enough to get to 2% in conflicts or keep my totals high enough to upgrade.

It's frustrating, but it's working as intended, cause I'm dangerously close to buying crystals to fill up my alloy. :smithicide:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I've peaked at HQ 9. The next round of upgrades are too much of a grind (screw 1,000,000 wall segments), so I hide on Tatooine and just let my resources pile up while I get the occasional attack. Stop caring about trophies and the game gets much more enjoyable. Until the game gets new content I'll continue to donate snipers and whatnot but its pretty stale at this point.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Triggs posted:

I've peaked at HQ 9. The next round of upgrades are too much of a grind (screw 1,000,000 wall segments), so I hide on Tatooine and just let my resources pile up while I get the occasional attack. Stop caring about trophies and the game gets much more enjoyable. Until the game gets new content I'll continue to donate snipers and whatnot but its pretty stale at this point.

I never understood the function of the medals.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So if you've fallen off, now would be a great time to get back into this game. His week a big update hit and added squad wars, which look cool? R2D2poor needs goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

SKY COQ posted:

R2D2poor needs goons.
Fair enough, sign me up. Same username there as here.

• Locked thread