Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
drat, i bet if i knew anything about that bridge other than a single offhand mention in the video fame Metal. gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty this would be hilarious and i wouldnt be part of an effete generation of poo poo for brain fuckers

I Have Sigs Off

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

drat, i bet if i knew anything about that bridge other than a single offhand mention in the video fame Metal. gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty this would be hilarious and i wouldnt be part of an effete generation of poo poo for brain fuckers

its a pretty decent bridge imo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ButtPoopPoopyyGoku3
Aug 10, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

In the 2012 film The Avengers, superhero Iron Man flies under, reverses course, and overflies the bridge on the way to intercepting a nuclear missile.

ButtPoopPoopyyGoku3
Aug 10, 2009
The Verrazano–Narrows Bridge is an important location in the 1977 film Saturday Night Fever, where it serves as a symbol of realized dreams and as a source of pride for the movie's Italian American characters from Brooklyn.[10][33] <---> In the 2012 film The Avengers, superhero Iron Man flies under, reverses course, and overflies the bridge on the way to intercepting a nuclear missile.

Long Waffle Beard
Sep 15, 2003
gently caress yo bridge nigga

----------------

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

can u fish off the bridge

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

its my favorite bridge

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

Mulaney Power Move posted:

can u fish off the bridge

you can pretty much fish off of anything that has water under it if your fishing line is long enough

----------------

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

used the wrong bridge name for my goon slowly trudging up to bridge to jumpoff scenario

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

on spec posted:

you can pretty much fish off of anything that has water under it if your fishing line is long enough

not if it has a no fishing sign. then it would be a designated no fishing area and it would be wrong to fish there. i dont do that because i respect the rules of the game.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i dont want to live in a chaotic world where people just fish anywhere they drat well please, and i hope this bridge is not one of those places

Blerick
Apr 13, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i dont want to live in a chaotic world where people just fish anywhere they drat well please, and i hope this bridge is not one of those places

The Pink Ninja
Sep 19, 2006

Guess where this lollipop's going?
they mispelled hsi name on the bridge: the man's name was Verrazzano

:ninja:

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

used the wrong bridge name for my goon slowly trudging up to bridge to jumpoff scenario

the golden gate bridge is a much more well known and likely bridge for suicide attempts

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
the goon who slowly walked off a bridge because the cops got called to his house because his music was too loud

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
tlthe verrazzano narrows bridge was designed with safety in mind and has high fences to deter jumpers

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Triticum Guzzler posted:

when you walk over it the name changes to the Verrazano-Widens Bridge

----------------

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
was it the cross-country broken cart goon??

~i'm hall and oates mom. but whats in a name? Let roll the cosmic dise..~

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

tlthe verrazzano narrows bridge was designed with safety in mind and has high fences to deter jumpers

bridge suicides tend to be more impulsive and less planned than other suicides, so simple obstruction techniques like fences on bridges actually work to lower suicide rates. all of the beautiful walkways over gorges at Cornell University have ugly black fences on them now

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

TheRationalRedditor posted:

was it the cross-country broken cart goon??

no, it was the guy who left a suicide note recommending his friends take gender studies classes.

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007
*a bomb dropping sound effect and a wilhelm scream echo into the night air* rip im sorry rip im sorry rip im sorry

----------------

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

did you mean tacoma narrows

----------------

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:horse::gerty:

----------------

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

its my favorite bridge

heh, you would like that bridge

----------------

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
basic bitch bridge :D :D :D :D

----------------

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

funny way to spell posted:

the goon who slowly walked off a bridge because the cops got called to his house because his music was too loud

That guy was cool

PRESIDENT, OWNER,AND GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS Loot"

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
IT WAS THE SUNSHINE SKYWAY BRIDGE OVER TAMPA BAY U DUMBASS!!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

ddinkins posted:

the golden gate bridge is a much more well known and likely bridge for suicide attempts

lol the golden gate has suicide nets so its virtually impossible to kill yourself by jumping off it

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol the golden gate has suicide nets so its virtually impossible to kill yourself by jumping off it

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
all these retards talking so much trash about which bridges are best for suicide, when in reality, i bet none of them have ever even seen a bridge irl

----------------

niggle
May 7, 2008

The Pink Ninja posted:

they mispelled hsi name on the bridge: the man's name was Verrazzano

also: a lot of people pronounce the goethals bridge "goth-als" but the actual pronunciation of the name is "go-thals"

niggle
May 7, 2008

everyone post your favorite bridge name misconceptions

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Yad Rock posted:

IT WAS THE SUNSHINE SKYWAY BRIDGE OVER TAMPA BAY U DUMBASS!!!

yeah i know.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

can't believe i chose the wrong bridge name

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

can't believe i chose the wrong bridge name

theres only one way to fix this and you know what it is....

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
everytime i try to kill myself i'm stopped by fences, nets, trampolines and telekinesis

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

goon slowly trudging up the thousand stair staircase to some buddhist temple in china or w/e

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
*trys to kill myself by jumping off the statue of liberty but i get my pants caught on one of her head spikes and i dangle there like a moron until the police come and shoot me dead out of pity*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yad Rock posted:

*trys to kill myself by jumping off the statue of liberty but i get my pants caught on one of her head spikes and i dangle there like a moron until the police come and shoot me dead out of pity*

lmao

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

• Locked thread