Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

JaddaCaddra posted:

I just finished watching the entire third season a little bit ago. I loved that ending. I'm overjoyed that we're going to have a fourth season, but if it hadn't been renewed that would've been a lovely way to close things off. Despite the fact that we still don't know all of what happened the night Hannah died, there was a big sense of finality. I felt like there was, anyways. Seriously, that ending had me so happy. I was grinning like an idiot when the credits rolled.

The season was tied together so perfectly, too. When it got ten episodes last year I was super happy, but I really feel like six is the magic number when it comes to this series. The only complaint I had about the season was that we didn't get to see Kerwin or Bobby Dean, but at the same time I understand why. Their parts in the story are more or less closed off, for the time being at least. I just wanted to see Kerwin because he's one of my favorite characters, and delivered one of my favorite lines. That scene where he tells Daniel he knows he isn't guilty really hit me. "Because I know you." How could words so simple be so poignant? That's also the scene that sold to me that Daniel is most likely innocent.

All in all, it was a great season. I can't wait for the next one. I might actually live watch this one, haha.

I don't know, I'm still on the fence about his innocence. On one hand he seems so nice and gentle and the evidence we've seen really seems to suggest he's being framed, but on the other hand he's now admitted to it twice and we've seen his dark streak before, like when he put those coffee grounds in Teddy's rear end. In my opinion Teddy got what was coming to him, maybe that was very heavy-handed but he was being a gigantic rear end in a top hat up until the end of season 3. At least Teddy mellowed out a bit and may end up redeemed next season or something. Anyway, yeah. I'm on the fence. I know the show probably won't ever reveal whether or not Daniel is guilty, and maybe even Daniel himself had blocked it out in his mind to the point that the police and Senator made him believe he had done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

life is killing me posted:

I don't know, I'm still on the fence about his innocence. On one hand he seems so nice and gentle and the evidence we've seen really seems to suggest he's being framed, but on the other hand he's now admitted to it twice and we've seen his dark streak before, like when he put those coffee grounds in Teddy's rear end. In my opinion Teddy got what was coming to him, maybe that was very heavy-handed but he was being a gigantic rear end in a top hat up until the end of season 3. At least Teddy mellowed out a bit and may end up redeemed next season or something. Anyway, yeah. I'm on the fence. I know the show probably won't ever reveal whether or not Daniel is guilty, and maybe even Daniel himself had blocked it out in his mind to the point that the police and Senator made him believe he had done it.

The acts of violence had me questioning it too, but I think both of those can be attributed to his time on death row. Although Daniel was under a lot of stress in both instances (and under the influence of drugs in one), Trey is right, those are not the actions of a normal person. But Daniel isn't a normal person, no one could be after nineteen years in a box. At the same time though, I kinda hope we never find out. When I first started watching I was anxious to know, but the show is so amazing I don't care if it's ever made explicit who killed Hannah. But to me, Kerwin telling Daniel he knew he didn't do it is good enough, because Kerwin knew what it was to be guilty. I think that's the closest thing to an answer we'll get when it comes to the question of if Daniel's innocent of the murder.

Speaking of Teddy, am I the only one who felt kinda bad for him in the pilot? I'm not saying I don't think he's an rear end in a top hat, he definitely is. But when Janet told him to stop calling her "mom" for awhile I felt kinda bad for the guy, I still kinda did even after all of his negative character traits came to light.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

JaddaCaddra posted:

The acts of violence had me questioning it too, but I think both of those can be attributed to his time on death row. Although Daniel was under a lot of stress in both instances (and under the influence of drugs in one), Trey is right, those are not the actions of a normal person. But Daniel isn't a normal person, no one could be after nineteen years in a box. At the same time though, I kinda hope we never find out. When I first started watching I was anxious to know, but the show is so amazing I don't care if it's ever made explicit who killed Hannah. But to me, Kerwin telling Daniel he knew he didn't do it is good enough, because Kerwin knew what it was to be guilty. I think that's the closest thing to an answer we'll get when it comes to the question of if Daniel's innocent of the murder.

Speaking of Teddy, am I the only one who felt kinda bad for him in the pilot? I'm not saying I don't think he's an rear end in a top hat, he definitely is. But when Janet told him to stop calling her "mom" for awhile I felt kinda bad for the guy, I still kinda did even after all of his negative character traits came to light.

I feel bad for him too. Moreso after this last season. They really fleshed him out a lot better this past season, and we get to see him a little more vulnerable--Tawney has left him, and he's stalking her but we also have never seen him hurt her so in some weird way it looks like it's purely out of love. One of my favorite scenes (forget which ep) was when Teddy has Jared drive the truck to where Tawney is staying and they just sit out there and watch her--Teddy gives Jared some weird sex advice, and I could tell Teddy is kind of drunk or high in the scene and he opens up a lot. I thought the scene was really poignant, and it seemed as if Teddy regretted the way he was in high school and hates how much of an rear end in a top hat he's been.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I hope we never get at the "real" truth. It'd lessen the show, I think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JaddaCaddra posted:

We are absolutely supposed to be unsure whether we hate Teddy or not. Dude has got his own problems and his own reasons for them, just like Daniel. I'm so glad they didn't decide to go full antagonist with him because Clayne Crawford just slays it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I know this has been dredged up by me, but does anyone know what's going on with this show? Are we getting a fourth season, or is this show dead in the water? I really miss Rectify :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The final season airs October 2nd.

• Locked thread